Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Dear all,

The acclaimed score composed by Mark Korven to The Witch is making its way on vinyl.
The LP will be released on May 20th and the pre-order will be available in less than a couple of weeks.

The release features original artwork designed by Midnight Marauder - See images below
The 180gm black starburst single LP is housed in a 24 pts jacket.
Score mastered for album
download card include
Edition of 1, 500 units.

100 copies signed by the composer will be available for pre-order with instant download of the album.

Pre-order details coming soon
Attachments
thewitch_back_(900x900)_01.jpg
thewitch_back_(900x900)_01.jpg (197.9 KiB) Viewed 8588 times
witch_front_1440x1440.jpg
witch_front_1440x1440.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 8588 times
I want this so bad its not even funny. Hope i can snag a signed copy :)
Beautiful design work on this package. I went to see the movie last week and thought the music was really on point, the cinematography, the language, the sets... everything was brilliant. The movie is less scary than I thought it would be but it is very tense. My non-soundtrack-collecting friends told me they loved the music and I should buy it.
The movie is awesome! I posted my quick review of the movie in the film section, I'll repost here on my own opinion of the film:

The witch was one of the most oppressively unsettling pieces of film I've seen. Not necessarily scary, but unease and atmosphere that just gets under your skin. It's also one of the best depictions of that type of fear and uncertainty and religious panic from that part of early American history, with by far some of the best depictions of New England folklore I've ever seen .

as a folklorist, this was a film that I've been wanting for longer than I knew, a truly dark American fairy tale culled from the folklore traditions of our European past and mixed with the terror of an alien land.

These are the stories and myths that are the backbone of our own relatively infant folk traditions, Our Halloween traditions owe as much to Puritan folktales and fear mongering as they do to Samhain and other festivals of the dead. This movie has permanently found a place on my annual October watch list.

And the score is great too :)

Also I saw it at my local Alamo and realized I owned almost every piece of media shown in the pre show, what that says I don't know. One very cool part was a nice clip from Haxan set to the track "sighs" from suspiria. I don't know if that was something the Alamo put together but t was really cool.

I wonder if mondo will put out the rescore they hosted a few weeks ago.

Anyway, that's my two cents (or a bit more)

Cheers
With respect to the Euro folk and the high shipping they pay, I have a hard enough time with Mondo's $7 shipping but $9.49 to ship The Witch really is annoying.....am I getting a $5 box to go with the $4 it costs to ship that record?

I did pay it though to get the autographed edition but I wasn't happy.
Bub wrote:The price was $22.98 plus tax & shipping.

I recall seeing 2 listings for it, a signed & unsigned, also $22.98, which seems to be gone also. Maybe it was put up prematurely?
I bet it was put up prematurely cuz they had said they were going to announce it in advance
i hope they do tell us with a bit more notice so we at least know what kind of date we are talking about...@bub, where did you get that info?
Bub wrote:The price was $22.98 plus tax & shipping.

I recall seeing 2 listings for it, a signed & unsigned, also $22.98, which seems to be gone also. Maybe it was put up prematurely?
Bub! Holy smokes! What's up, Bub? How's it going?
Hatter313 wrote:i hope they do tell us with a bit more notice so we at least know what kind of date we are talking about...@bub, where did you get that info?
I agree Hatter. No info was given to me though. I just happen to go the Milan site & there it was. Obviously wanted to give a heads up here since it's just the first 100.
Bub! Holy smokes! What's up, Bub? How's it going?
Mateo! Been good dude. Nice to see you around these parts again!
@bub, Gotcha...I thought there was some email list I had forgotten to sign up for haha.