Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

wow, up early again...they've got tot talk to these artists arena people, that system is all over the place. managed to snag a copy, glad i decided to go check the site early.
and yeah that shipping is very high for domestic...almost half the record price just to ship. ah well. excited.
Strange purchase system indeed. But I am very happy shipping is so low. And now waiting for 10 weeks plus 2 weeks in transit :-)
Very nice to have the instant download.
But fuck pre-orders!
Just wait untill you have your product in hand, you will get your money...
Little Walter wrote:Signed edition is up!

I also got charged $10 for media mail . . . which really sucks. But I'm sure as hell happy to have snagged a copy.
I recall something from Milan saying the company that does their order fulfillment has a contract with UPS, so everything goes UPS ground not USPS media mail.
texasvinyl wrote:

I also got charged $10 for media mail . . . which really sucks. But I'm sure as hell happy to have snagged a copy.
I recall something from Milan saying the company that does their order fulfillment has a contract with UPS, so everything goes UPS ground not USPS media mail.
I think you are right yeah. eh, it is what it is.
Hatter313 wrote:
texasvinyl wrote:

I think you are right yeah. eh, it is what it is.
We are talking to Artist Arena to get the price decreased domestically moving forward. It is expensive, I agree
Just ordered to UK, very reasonable indeed - came to $36.00 shipped.

Really looking forward to both film and score - I'm going to see it with a bunch of folks next week for my annual birthday triple bill movie marathon! :D
ScoJo wrote:Just ordered to UK, very reasonable indeed - came to $36.00 shipped.

Really looking forward to both film and score - I'm going to see it with a bunch of folks next week for my annual birthday triple bill movie marathon! :D
And the rest of that bill is..?
ScoJo wrote:@mateo

First up will be High Rise. Haven't quite figured out the middle slot yet (depends what's showing near me) but we'll definitely be ending the festivities with The VVitch :-O

Oh...festivities will indeed be ended after The Witch...hope you are going to knock back a few afterwards, you are gonna need it. :)
I noticed that the download tracklisting is different than what is on the back of the album (looking at the art on the Milan store). Specifically, "Isle of Wight" is the second-last song in the download and is the second song on Side B. Was that conscious choice to be different?
reddye6 wrote:I noticed that the download tracklisting is different than what is on the back of the album (looking at the art on the Milan store). Specifically, "Isle of Wight" is the second-last song in the download and is the second song on Side B. Was that conscious choice to be different?
You are correct. The composer changed the order of Side B. He was not fully satisfied with the order on the CD/digital after the fact. So the tracklist on the LP reflects the way he wanted the album to be sequenced. He felt it was too much to have the two songs with the choir back to back.
For the digital download, we just kept the CD/digital order.

I hope this clarifies your question
MilanRecords wrote:
reddye6 wrote:I noticed that the download tracklisting is different than what is on the back of the album (looking at the art on the Milan store). Specifically, "Isle of Wight" is the second-last song in the download and is the second song on Side B. Was that conscious choice to be different?
You are correct. The composer changed the order of Side B. He was not fully satisfied with the order on the CD/digital after the fact. So the tracklist on the LP reflects the way he wanted the album to be sequenced. He felt it was too much to have the two songs with the choir back to back.
For the digital download, we just kept the CD/digital order.

I hope this clarifies your question
Perfect, thank you!
So I ordered the signed The Witch LP and paid nearly 10 bucks for shipping. My order confirmation and shipping notice both say The Witch Signed Original Soundtrack Vinyl Bundle. It gets sent via the crappy UPS to USPS service which takes ages and when it arrives it isn't signed.

Edit: contacted JC offline and looks like he'll get it sorted.
Oh man, this was waiting for me when I got home, my copy is very quiet, maybe occasional subtle and I mean extremely subltle blink and you'll miss it crackle, which I a. barely notice, and b. Kind of works for this score to be honest. zero background hiss even in the softest parts. And the color treatment on it is really gorgeous, similar pearlescent almost metallic sheen as the terminator discs
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 7756 times
lazyben wrote:So I ordered the signed The Witch LP and paid nearly 10 bucks for shipping. My order confirmation and shipping notice both say The Witch Signed Original Soundtrack Vinyl Bundle. It gets sent via the crappy UPS to USPS service which takes ages and when it arrives it isn't signed.

Edit: contacted JC offline and looks like he'll get it sorted.
Hi Ben,

I am very sorry you didn't receive a signed copy. I am checking with the store operator to see what is going on and I will hopefully have an answer for you on Monday. If worse comes to worse, I will get him to sign a jacket for you and ship it to you. Would that work as a worst case scenario?
thank you

JC
Great videos thanks! After speaking with him on the last Damn Fine Podcast I'd have to agree - seems like a very
thoughtful, generous and fantastically talented guy. I'm really over the moon that Milan picked up this score and can't wait for mine to arrive. Hopefully the exposure from this popular film will lead to some really interesting film projects from him in the future.