Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

The new chapter in our collaboration with Nicolas Winding Refn is now available for pre-order.
We are thrilled to bring back to life the score to the original The Terminator directed by James Cameron. Composer Brad Fiedel was never satisfied with the past releases of his score. He supervised this release from mixing to mastering.

You can order your copy now and you will receive an instant digital download of the album at check out:
http://shop.artistarena.com/the-termina ... album.html

Pressed on 180gm colored vinyl, this double LP is housed in a tip-on jacket with an original artwork by ALL CITY MEDIA

https://soundcloud.com/milanrecords/bra ... inator-ost
Attachments
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 6891 times
Logo is no big deal for me. Was watching terminator last night, its got me really hyped for this release brilliant soundtrack to one the best films of the 80's imo.

On a side note watching the movie and listening to the score I kept on thinking Camaron must have been influenced by carpenter to some degree.
Dollarhyde wrote:Logo is no big deal for me. Was watching terminator last night, its got me really hyped for this release brilliant soundtrack to one the best films of the 80's imo.

On a side note watching the movie and listening to the score I kept on thinking Camaron must have been influenced by carpenter to some degree.
Ditto on all fronts.
Aremagod wrote:Will these make it to stores? That $10 shipping keeps me from pulling the trigger.
Hi,

Yes, they will be available in store as well. Official release in Europe a little later. But Transmission should carry some.
May I ask if you are based in the US? The $ 10 shipping seems quite high. I'd love to know where you are based.

Thank you

JC
Did anybody who preordered directly get a download code for this? I sent the webstore an email about this and got a response about how the physical release is a pre order and would ship on or around the release date. not what i asked. sigh.

Hey Milan, you guys should talk to the new webstore people at Artists Arena, they are not great at reading emails, I asked them if the revenant would be shipping prior to the release date so i could see if i could get it signed by Sakamoto this Friday, and i got back a cookie cutter response saying that the order is processing and I would be notified when it ships.

Anyway, this should be a killer release. thanks.

Edit: I replied to the email indicating that wasn't what I was asking and they responded almost immediately with the new download code. Many thanks, i just wish people would read things the first time..Sigh. all good now. :)
I am sorry, the store operators don't always have the best bed-side manners.
I am glad the digital download issue got resolved. There was a glitch for a few days and I am happy to hear that it is taken care of.
In the future, you can also write me directly for any issue with the store: jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com

FYI: the signing with Ryuichi Sakamoto is on Thursday not Friday. I will be there. Come say hi
On a positive note, after this thread reminded me that I didn't have a download link from my pre-order, I sent the store a message via the Contact Form and was given a working download link in a matter of minutes.
MilanRecords wrote:I am sorry, the store operators don't always have the best bed-side manners.
I am glad the digital download issue got resolved. There was a glitch for a few days and I am happy to hear that it is taken care of.
In the future, you can also write me directly for any issue with the store: jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com

FYI: the signing with Ryuichi Sakamoto is on Thursday not Friday. I will be there. Come say hi
Thursday hmmmm, That may make it tough. Well I'll definitely try, and if I do i'll say hello. :) Thanks so much, I really appreciate the communication. Can't wait for the Witch on wax to drop in May!
@vi_res - I don't see if anywhere for less than $30 USD, but it is a 2LP on colored vinyl with a nice gatefold sleeve. If the shipping rates are killing you, did you check all the sellers on amazon.com for their rates to AU?
deafmetal wrote:@vi_res - I don't see if anywhere for less than $30 USD, but it is a 2LP on colored vinyl with a nice gatefold sleeve. If the shipping rates are killing you, did you check all the sellers on amazon.com for their rates to AU?
@deafmetal Thanks for your reply. I generally find that Amazonians don't ship to Australia. I'm usually left with the ebay option and we all know how ridiculous that place can get. So far the most reliable stores have been Shipping Records and Transmission. This has really put sand my vagina.
Maybe you can buddy up with someone here. Sending from canada to Australia seems to be 11.88 $CAD for a Lp at below 500 grams ( surface shipping. it's by boat. takes usually 3 to 6 weeks, I have shipped there in the past) or 22.33 $CAD by airplane. no tracking. That's according to canadapost . com.
Mine arrived today, the color effect on the wax is really something else. Going to spin tomorrow morning while I do some long over due cleaning.
@vi_res - Both Marvelio and import-cd's on amazon claim to ship internationally. I have had good experiences with both sellers.

The rates I am getting on usps.com for two pounds weight with first class international will be around $22 USD, if it weighs three pounds $33 USD, etc. Happy to help out if nothing else works, but Nathan's boat-rate is probably the lowest.
deafmetal wrote:@vi_res - Both Marvelio and import-cd's on amazon claim to ship internationally. I have had good experiences with both sellers.

The rates I am getting on usps.com for two pounds weight with first class international will be around $22 USD, if it weighs three pounds $33 USD, etc. Happy to help out if nothing else works, but Nathan's boat-rate is probably the lowest.
@deafmetal Thanks for assistance. I just pulled the trigger at Transmission store and picked up a heap of sale items before reading your post. I am happy with the result. The suggested Amazonians have been noted for future referrence.
NathanLurker wrote:Maybe you can buddy up with someone here. Sending from canada to Australia seems to be 11.88 $CAD for a Lp at below 500 grams ( surface shipping. it's by boat. takes usually 3 to 6 weeks, I have shipped there in the past) or 22.33 $CAD by airplane. no tracking. That's according to canadapost . com.
@NathanLurker. Thanks mate, cad$11.88 is peanuts in comparison to usual prices and in all fairness most of the shipping prices allign.

When you say "..buddy up with someone here." Where is here?
Hatter313 wrote:Mine arrived today, the color effect on the wax is really something else. Going to spin tomorrow morning while I do some long over due cleaning.
@Hatter313 that's good news. Personally I don't see myself being able to wait a day to play it, I'll probably destroy the cover trying to take the records out as quick as possible.

I would have preferred black vinyl but that's how it is these days. Let us know if there are any noise issues.
@vi_resmusic : I meant here as in "here on the stbc forums". You can open a thread in the "Vinyl Buddies" section of the forums. I'm in Canada I could buddy up with you if you need in the future. I haven't picked up terminator yet but I will.
NathanLurker wrote:@vi_resmusic : I meant here as in "here on the stbc forums". You can open a thread in the "Vinyl Buddies" section of the forums. I'm in Canada I could buddy up with you if you need in the future. I haven't picked up terminator yet but I will.
Gotcha!
I'm in AU how does it work if we buddy in 2 different countries?