Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Very simple, it's just 2 people helping each other. We exchange emails, we discuss by email or Private messages here on the stbc forums private message system, we agree on a payment method, amount to pay, method of shipment... Usually the buyer sends payment first, then seller ships. it needs a level of trust but there's a thread on here somewhere where there's feedback from transaction made with folks here.

I've never had a shipment get lost but I guess we agree on terms beforehand, regarding what to do if the item gets lost or damaged.
NathanLurker wrote:Very simple, it's just 2 people helping each other. We exchange emails, we discuss by email or Private messages here on the stbc forums private message system, we agree on a payment method, amount to pay, method of shipment... Usually the buyer sends payment first, then seller ships. it needs a level of trust but there's a thread on here somewhere where there's feedback from transaction made with folks here.

I've never had a shipment get lost but I guess we agree on terms beforehand, regarding what to do if the item gets lost or damaged.
Sounds good I live on trust besides I always take the registered mail option.
vi_resmusic wrote:
Hatter313 wrote:Mine arrived today, the color effect on the wax is really something else. Going to spin tomorrow morning while I do some long over due cleaning.
@Hatter313 that's good news. Personally I don't see myself being able to wait a day to play it, I'll probably destroy the cover trying to take the records out as quick as possible.

I would have preferred black vinyl but that's how it is these days. Let us know if there are any noise issues.
Played it Saturday morning, sounded crisp and clean to my ears. beautiful job all around.
By OSC
Someone on Discogs reviewed it saying the pressing quality was bad, low volume and lots of noise. Anyone else have this issue or do most people not have issues? I'm on the fence with this one, theme is great, but probably won't listen to half of it after the first spin.
I had no problems, BUT 2 caveats here, i don't listen on headphones and i'm fairly forgiving when it comes to some surface noise. it wasn't unlistenable at all to me and i found it to be very quiet throughout. I'm playing it on a Project debut 3, red cartridge, audioengine speakers so while it may not be a 20k system, its certainly no slouch either. there may be more noticeable defects if you are a headphone listener, as I understand that makes minor pressing quality issues stand out all the more, but i have zero complaints about this release.
By OSC
That is the problem with really quiet soundtrack stuff, it's very unforgiving when there's any surface noise. I'm ok when it's just a little bit, but when it's constant or gets in the way of the listening experience, then it's annoying.

Yeah, I don't listen on headphones, as usually it just brings all that stuff you don't want to hear a lot closer. I'm on a 1200 mk5, Shure M97xe cart and some KRK Rokit 8's. Not exactly a hifi setup, but I figure reference monitors are good enough for the studios, they're good enough for my room.
OSC wrote:That is the problem with really quiet soundtrack stuff, it's very unforgiving when there's any surface noise. I'm ok when it's just a little bit, but when it's constant or gets in the way of the listening experience, then it's annoying.

Yeah, I don't listen on headphones, as usually it just brings all that stuff you don't want to hear a lot closer. I'm on a 1200 mk5, Shure M97xe cart and some KRK Rokit 8's. Not exactly a hifi setup, but I figure reference monitors are good enough for the studios, they're good enough for my room.
Agreed. I've heard really expensive "audiophile" speakers and to my ears I have heard better speakers via much cheaper studio monitors.

I use a modified AT LP120 with stock cartridge and stylus through Adam F5 monitors for stereo and through a single Avantone (Aurotone copy) for mono lo-fo listening.
By OSC
Cool. I didn't mean to derail the thread, just saw a comment on pressing quality on Discogs and wasn't sure if it was more widespread or not. Sounds like it's a quiet pressing, so I'll probably clean it through my Discwasher first.
OSC wrote:Cool. I didn't mean to derail the thread, just saw a comment on pressing quality on Discogs and wasn't sure if it was more widespread or not. Sounds like it's a quiet pressing, so I'll probably clean it through my Discwasher first.
It's on topic as far as I am concerned.
Yeah totally on topic. That's what we are here for :)
Hatter313 wrote:Yeah totally on topic. That's what we are here for :)
So far the feedback on the sound quality has been very positive. This review on Discogs is the only negative one. We have received mostly very strong comments on the overall quality of this release.

JC
@milan

By far one of the best release of the year so far IMO. Love the art, love the look of the wax itself, and sounds excellent.
MilanRecords wrote:
So far the feedback on the sound quality has been very positive. This review on Discogs is the only negative one. We have received mostly very strong comments on the overall quality of this release.

JC
I don't doubt it and can't wait for it. This is one of the very few represses that I have been waiting for.
And while I have you Big Trouble In Little China is on the list too...
vi_resmusic wrote:
MilanRecords wrote:

JC
I don't doubt it and can't wait for it. This is one of the very few represses that I have been waiting for.
And while I have you Big Trouble In Little China is on the list too...

@Milan records would love for some Joe Hisaishi to get on vinyl too ;)
I received The Terminator today. It came unsealed from hhv.de. I have to stay that I'm really pleased with sound quality. Very quiet pressing.
A little disappointment was that there was no insert. Liner notes from composer for example would have added something to otherwise so cool package.
My Terminator arrived yesterday. Had a quick listen to the first side and had no issues sounded very good, listening on speakers.

The packaging and coloured vinyl is perfect with some very slick and beautiful gatefold artwork. Everything is all very shiny and reflective.
I thought I was growing tired of the coloured vinyl novelty but this release has proved otherwise. Disc 1 is a kinda cherry cola chrome smoke effect, really awesome looking.
Tron4Life wrote:I received The Terminator today. It came unsealed from hhv.de. I have to stay that I'm really pleased with sound quality. Very quiet pressing.
A little disappointment was that there was no insert. Liner notes from composer for example would have added something to otherwise so cool package.
Sorry for the lack of insert. Our releases don't usually include liner notes. The reason is that we try to find a right balance between content and pricing. Adding a booklet mean additional costs which would mean having to sell the release for $ 40. Also Brad Fiedel is a man of few words and Nicolas Winding Refn prefers to not write about the release in the series.
Dollarhyde wrote:My Terminator arrived yesterday. Had a quick listen to the first side and had no issues sounded very good, listening on speakers.

The packaging and coloured vinyl is perfect with some very slick and beautiful gatefold artwork. Everything is all very shiny and reflective.
I thought I was growing tired of the coloured vinyl novelty but this release has proved otherwise. Disc 1 is a kinda cherry cola chrome smoke effect, really awesome looking.
Thank you!
MilanRecords wrote:
Tron4Life wrote:I received The Terminator today. It came unsealed from hhv.de. I have to stay that I'm really pleased with sound quality. Very quiet pressing.
Sorry for the lack of insert. Our releases don't usually include liner notes. The reason is that we try to find a right balance between content and pricing. Adding a booklet mean additional costs which would mean having to sell the release for $ 40. Also Brad Fiedel is a man of few words and Nicolas Winding Refn prefers to not write about the release in the series.
Thanks for your reply, JC. It's good to know I have complete packaging and nothing is missing.
Sounds pretty great to me (on headphones). I had a looped tick at the beginning of side A which seemed to be coinciding with a big patch of splatter, but plain sailing from there on out.

@JC – Milan are killing it this year, this and The Revenant are easily my favourite releases of 2016 so far :D