Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
hello folks,

It's been a minute.
We are very proud to announce our next release in the Nicolas Winding Refn Presents Series.
We will bring to you the original score to THE TERMINATOR composed by Brad Fiedel on vinyl This release is scheduled for early 2016.
We will have many more details to share very soon.

In the meantime you can enjoy this interview with yours truly courtesy of The Damn Fine Cast where I tell you more about the story of Milan Records.
https://soundcloud.com/thedamnfinecast

Enjoy
By deafmetal
@Milan - As I have mentioned in a few other threads already, I am very excited about this announcement. It is great to hear that you are working with Brad Fiedel on a more definitive vinyl album of his original score. Thank you! :)
Pre order is up on their site too, just placed mine!
zuko wrote: Image
Not sure I get the color choices for the wax here. They look awfully generic by 2016 standards. In fact, I'd probably prefer a black version, but I am buying this anyway since I, like most of us, have been waiting for this for quite some time.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
zuko wrote: Not sure I get the color choices for the wax here. They look awfully generic by 2016 standards. In fact, I'd probably prefer a black version, but I am buying this anyway since I, like most of us, have been waiting for this for quite some time.
I wonder if they'll do deluxe and regular versions as with Rocobop? I'd be happy with black too, but man that sleeve is great! :D
zuko wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
zuko wrote: Not sure I get the color choices for the wax here. They look awfully generic by 2016 standards. In fact, I'd probably prefer a black version, but I am buying this anyway since I, like most of us, have been waiting for this for quite some time.
I wonder if they'll do deluxe and regular versions as with Rocobop? I'd be happy with black too, but man that sleeve is great! :D
I honestly didn't realize that Milan released a black version of Robocop.
It is a little strange having NWR(it's on the Robocop release too)on the front cover. You would think that would be something saved for the back. As cool as the cover is it does kind of throw it off a little bit. I hope the pressing sounds as good as their Robocop release. I'm trying to be very selective on what I order this year. I'm going to bite on this one though!
monsterworship wrote:are those labels blank white?

am I the only one annoyed by the NWR logo on the cover of these?
That giant logo on the front just screams ego to me....it should be about the music so throw your giant logo on the back with the other credits and track listing.
Aremagod wrote:

That giant logo on the front just screams ego to me....it should be about the music so throw your giant logo on the back with the other credits and track listing.
The reason we have the logo on the top left corner is to brand this series of reissues. Milan mostly focuses on new releases and without Nicolas' involvement these releases would not see the light of day. We decided that instead of using his full name (as was done on Oldboy). the reissues will be branded with this logo to create the collection. Think of it as a sub-label's name.
Nicolas wants the music to speak for itself. This is why is not writing liner notes for instance. We want to make sure that there is no appropriation of the work on our part. This is why these releases all feature the director's name on the cover.

I hope this clarifies things.
MilanRecords wrote:
Aremagod wrote:

The reason we have the logo on the top left corner is to brand this series of reissues. Milan mostly focuses on new releases and without Nicolas' involvement these releases would not see the light of day. We decided that instead of using his full name (as was done on Oldboy). the reissues will be branded with this logo to create the collection. Think of it as a sub-label's name.
Nicolas wants the music to speak for itself. This is why is not writing liner notes for instance. We want to make sure that there is no appropriation of the work on our part. This is why these releases all feature the director's name on the cover.

I hope this clarifies things.
Thanks for the response......that actually makes it less a distraction for me since it serves a purpose and isn't just thrown on there as a LOOK AT ME type deal.