Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
@vinyljunkie I just found that out as well. It is strange as we have had big orders from retail. I am checking with our distributor to see why this is the case and getting NY stores to order it from the second up coming pressing.
By Hatter313
well according to my tracking number, mine just got delivered at home, just north of NYC, so geographically they made it :)
By chiefbrody
@Milan, were copies shipped to Europe as well? I'm having trouble finding it. Transmission has it available to order, but it shows as 'coming soon'. None of the other shops/sites I usually use seem to have it. Has it just not reached these shores yet, or is it effectively sold out everywhere until the repress?
By toosoonjunior
Interesting, I placed my pre-order for It Follows through Amazon on 4/6. The order status shows this

"Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

I have Prime, which usually means super fast shipping, so I'm guessing Amazon may have not actually had enough copies either.
By Juiceycow
Is the digital download card (with the vinyl) the same as what is offered at checkout?
I pre-ordered mine way back in Feb, before the digital download at checkout was offered, hence I didn't get it. If it's the same, then I'm happy to wait.
By MilanRecords
@Juiceycow
Yes, it is exactly the same content. I am very sorry for the delay you are experiencing. We are doing as fast as possible to get the back-ordered LPs shipped by early May.
By MilanRecords
@Chiefbrody Transmission is going to get 30 copies soon. We have experienced some issues with Europe that we are working out now. Hopefully they will be solved and addressed by the time our second pressing is ready early May.
By MilanRecords
@toosoonjunior
Amazon came in very strong with a huge order. And in spite of that, they underestimated as we did the demand for this title. Amazon will ship it to you at the same time as the other pre-orders when second pressing is ready early May.

Did you get a digital download of the album? If not, let me know and I ll get it to you.

My apologies

JC

By Juiceycow
@Milan, no worries about the delay, I'm in no hurry :) (tho, I thought you would fill online orders based on date submitted?)
Customer service just came through with the digital download link, so I'm happy.
By toosoonjunior
JC, yes, I got the digital download when I ordered, so I'm good with jamming that in the interim! No worries! I wouldn't have thought It Follows would have this big of a demand either, honestly.
By cookythecook
will there be any difference at all between the second press and the first press? spine number perhaps? got mine already on release day but haven't opened. thinking of keeping it sealed to collect, and using the second pressing as a "player". any way to tell them apart?
By MilanRecords
@juiceycrow - Thank you for being understanding and for being patient.
Online orders were based on date submitted but the issue is that right in the middle retailers came with large, unexpected orders and our distributor handles these automatically regardless of the activity on our store.

We never had problems in the past and this is the first time it happens. WE underestimated the demand. This is a good lesson and it won't happen again.

I am monitoring when the second pressing will be ready.

Thank you

JC

By Juiceycow
@cookythecook, I read somewhere that they will be identical, right down to the serials, but Milan might confirm again.
By Juiceycow
Darn retailers! ;) Goes to show the popularity of the movie tho. I've noticed that it's been getting plenty of extra (+ve) press lately.

With Disasterpeace not wanting to release any of his music on physical media, this is a real treat. Too bad we can't get Fez on vinyl too.

My feelings about physical media have not changed. Despite this, I feel there are times when a choice is not mine to make. In this case, It Follows is not my movie. The film is the child of David Robert Mitchell, and I have the utmost respect for him and his work. He asked me to agree to physicals as a personal favor.
By Keyser
Have to admit that I was fairly disappointed with the email I received on the 7th April regarding the overwhelming demand and the fact my order wouldn't be shipped until the second pressing in May.

I placed my original order on March 11th directly through the Milan Records Webstore, and only received notification regarding inability to fulfill all orders on the release date of April 7th. I can not understand how this was not identified sooner... If the quantity is limited to 1000, is there not a method where once this number is reached, potential customers are informed the stock is sold out and no longer available? Or, as seems to be the case, if orders are not processed on a first come, first serve basis, this seems very counter-intuitive. If I placed my order early and directly through the manufacturer, should I not be completely assured, or at least be able to assume that my order will be fulfilled at the time agreed upon, or at least prior to those placing orders later and via alternate methods?

Having said all this, I am still a fan of Milan Records and intend to support and make future purchases. I do think it's important that you do hear this feedback, though, and attempt to put processes in place that will prevent this from happening again. I commend the reps for coming into the forums, owning up to the error and apologising. I just wish that it had not come to this in the first place. :)

On a positive note, I find there is much bigger disappointment when things don't go to plan when the product is highly anticipated or sought after and valued. It is clear that Milan has something special on it's hands, and I certainly can not wait to get the product delivered. Am I able to get assistance with a digital download to tide me over until the second pressing arrives? I can provide original order details upon request. Thanks.
By Occhionero
C'mon guys! It's not the End of The world. You get it later, yes.
Isn't it great that Milan gives more people the chance to get this great wax? I also have to wait, so what....
By Spun out of control
Don't think we should beat Milan up too much guys - also underestimated the demand for this one, thinking that 1000 sounded plenty for a title like this, so would wait and order when stock actually arrived... more fool me! :)

Anyway encouraging that it is a hit rather than the reverse

Totally off topic, but any update on the Battle Royale vinyl release, Milan?
By MilanRecords
@occhionero

Thank you for being understanding. I have learned my lesson. I won't let that happen a second time.
By MilanRecords
@spunoutofcontrol: We are making enough stock for the second pressing to avoid that problem another round. There won't be any issue when second pressing is order.

Battle Royale is going to happen. But we have another release in July that we will be announcing soon that I think you guys will be excited about.
And before Battle Royale we decided to release on wax the soundtrack to Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence (R. Sakamoto)

JC

By NathanLurker
a release in july.... huh....that seems like a very convenient time to release Cold in July ;)

wait and see.
By MilanRecords
@keyser,

Thank you for your feedback. It is important for us to hear these things.
Here is what happened.
We had a lot of pre-orders for which we had enough stock. Everything was going well.
At some point and closer to the release date a US retailer came in with a big and unexpected order. And this is where the problem happened: Our distributor/warehouse automatically fulfills retail orders without checking with us the status of the pre-order.
In simple terms: there was no communication between the distributor's warehouse and our store operator. The reason? This has never happened in the past. We always had enough stock to fulfill pre-orders and retail orders.
Then to make matter worse (but with good benefits), the film's distributor pushed the link to our webstore which increased the number of pre-order during a period of 24 hours. This is when we had to block the store.

Our mistake is to not have monitored carefully our pre-orders in relation to retail orders. But pre-orders are fulfilled in the order they were submitted.

We have learned our lesson and this won't happen again. We knew we had a solid project on our hands but honestly didn't expect such a high demand for the vinyl. It is a good problem to have I would say. We are correcting it and are rushing manufacturing on the second pressing.

Regarding the digital download, please send me your order number and I will have the store operator send it to you ASAP.

best

JC

By chiefbrody
Copies of It Follows on eBay for £100. Hard not to get a bit angry about stuff like that - I just hope potential bidders are savvy enough to know that there are more on the way.

I'm desperate to hear this, and disappointed its sold out without having much chance to get it, however it's a bit like RSD in trying to get the right number to press - no label wants hundreds of copies in bargain bins, and it's not even like Milan were conservative on pressing numbers. At least we're in the loop now.

I'm happy to wait on the repress, but I'll keep my eye out for a reasonably priced first pressing while I wait.
By MilanRecords
@chiefbrody yes you should definitely wait. We have sent an email to all customers who didn't get their copies yet that a second pressing is on the way. So it won't be a surprise when it is available again.