Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
We are very excited to be releasing the electro and retro soundtrack to the David Robert Mitchell's horror/thriller, "It Follows".
After the success of "Oldboy", Milan Records and Nicolas Winding Refn have partnered a second time to bring this particular soundtrack on vinyl.
With music by video game composer, Disasterpeace, this 1000 units LP release features original artwork by LA designer, Midnight Marauder, a digital download card and is pressed on 180gm colored vinyl.

PRE-ORDER COPY NOW AND GET INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF FULL ALBUM.
http://store.milanrecords.com/it-follows-ost-lp.html

Album available on 04/07/2015

https://soundcloud.com/milanrecords/dis ... ollows-ost

By blastman
Will OWS or Invada be carrying this in Europe?
By deathwaltz
Blast Transmission should have this up later tonight
I am sure Invada will carry also
By blastman
Cool, thanks Spencer.
By chandler75
It would be pretty cool if you could have Nicolas Winding Refn write some liner notes or a short introduction for these releases, now that they are "Nicolas Winding Refn presents". I know he approved the artwork, but it feels like something is missing...
By palmat
I concur Rasmus. Was a bit bummed at the Oldboy release when I realized NWR just approved the artwork and slapped his name on the product. I don´t really get why he is involved to be honest. I love his movies and he seems like a cool guy so I thought he would write some liner notes. Why he don't is beyond me. As things stands now it feels very Warhol. So I do hope Milan and NWR gets things right down the line actually making his involvement make sense. Someone on this forum might have some info that could shed some light on this rather peculiar matter...
By Tron4Life
That car would have been much better cover art.
By Spun out of control
@Tron4Life

Agreed - had assumed the car shot *was* the cover art from the advance publicity and sound clips. Looks perfectly usable, though sure some may like the art school treatment given to the official sleeve
By DISCOSUCKS...
^ Me too. If I hadn't seen the poster, I guess I would have liked the commissioned art okay, but in comparison there's no competition.
By MilanRecords
Hi Rasmus, The NWR Presents is normally for reissue of older titles on the Milan catalog that Nicolas enjoys. An exception was made for "It Follows" which is a new film as Nicolas loves the film and its music.

But normally the NWR presents will reserved to older titles and reissues hand picked from the catalog by Nicolas. It won't necessarily apply to all older titles.

I will see what I can do about the notes. Thank you for your input.

JC
By MilanRecords
@discosucks, @dagar, @tron4life: our initial idea was to use the car shot for the vinyl (used for the CD as well). We felt the cover didn't need to be different as with Under The Skin.
The director and composer of the film didn't want to use the car shot for the vinyl. We had also to move fast to make sure the vinyl would come out in time when the film will still be in theaters and on VOD in North America.

By synthxanderharris
This soundtrack is amazing.
By Dollarhyde
I'm glad they didnt use the car. Not that Ive seen the movie yet. Really reminds me of an 80's 70's style horror/thriller movie poster design. and the black and white gives it more impact. To me the car pic seems very generic.
By Whip Wilson
I love the new cover. Reminds me a bit of this poster by that one guy...

By sirpsychoswayze
Right there with you, @Mateo - I think it's great. Super atmospheric. Reminds me a lot of the "Eraserhead" poster.
By Buggenhagen
Hey Spencer, has your allocation sold out on the Transmission site? Says pre-order now but there's no button to click.

Just saw the film the other day and was blown away by it. Cracking movie and killer soundtrack.
By minus_ape
You can listen to the full score now on Disasterpeace's page.

Here.
By deafmetal
^ Fully agreed with this comment.
By MilanRecords
The LPs are in. Very happy with the end result.

Check out these photos

By terryreidsauce
@Milan

Those look great! Love the blue. I pre-ordered from milans site directly. Is this the version I should expect to see?
By Occhionero
Will there be two variants? Black and Blue, or just the blue?
By NMA
Does Milan Webstore ship worldwide?