Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Keyser
[quote=61285]@keyser,

Thank you for your feedback. It is important for us to hear these things.<br>
Here is what happened.<br>
We had a lot of pre-orders for which we had enough stock. Everything was going well.<br>
At some point and closer to the release date a US retailer came in with a big and unexpected order. And this is where the problem happened: Our distributor/warehouse automatically fulfills retail orders without checking with us the status of the pre-order.<br>
In simple terms: there was no communication between the distributor’s warehouse and our store operator. The reason? This has never happened in the past. We always had enough stock to fulfill pre-orders and retail orders.<br>
Then to make matter worse (but with good benefits), the film’s distributor pushed the link to our webstore which increased the number of pre-order during a period of 24 hours. This is when we had to block the store.

Our mistake is to not have monitored carefully our pre-orders in relation to retail orders. But pre-orders are fulfilled in the order they were submitted.

We have learned our lesson and this won’t happen again. We knew we had a solid project on our hands but honestly didn’t expect such a high demand for the vinyl. It is a good problem to have I would say. We are correcting it and are rushing manufacturing on the second pressing.

Regarding the digital download, please send me your order number and I will have the store operator send it to you ASAP.

best

JC

[/quote]

Hi JC,

Thank you so much for your detailed response. It means a lot to a customer such as myself, and I absolutely applaud the way that you have communicated with your customers via this forum. As disappointed as I have been, your response has done a world of good in restoring faith. Thank you. I appreciate you taking my criticism without offence and acknowledging concerns, as I know it is not easy to hear.
I will send you the order number shortly. I look forward to many future orders with Milan. Keep up the great work.
By Keyser
Hi JC,

My order number is: 96400001224

Thanks again for your assistance and availability. It is fantastic.

Chris
By Little Walter
Did anyone else just get a shipping notification for the repress? That seems fast!
By gnome
Is it possible to place an order for the 2nd pressing right through the Milan website? It currently says out of stock, no link for a "pre-order" though... I got screwed by another website so bad when i ordered the 1st press. The order never went through right and 3 weeks later when I found out, it was sold out everywhere. Ugh
By MilanRecords
@gnome,

Yes, it will be possible. When the second pressing will be in stock, the link on our store will be active again. I will make sure to get back to you with a date. We are looking now at early May.
May I ask which website screwed up? Did you get a refund?

Thank you for your patience

JC
By MilanRecords
@Little Walter, this is strange. As the the second pressing won't be ready until early May.

JC

By Little Walter
@Milan - I guess I ordered in time to get one of the original pressings, but I was sent multiple e-mails explaining how my order would be detailed, and one with an apology . . .

I guess I just got lucky! Anyway, it's just damned gorgeous.
By MilanRecords
@little walter - I am glad it made it to your doorsteps! Thank you for your patience.

JC
By manuorru
@MilanRecords
Hey JC, I have to tell you about a strange thing, also for ask if someone else had the same problem.
Yesterday I opened It Follows ordered from your webstore, and vinyl was incredibly dirty and dusty.
It was first time I saw something like that. Record was absolutely sealed, but vinyl was totally dust and dirt coated, particularly on a side.
I will try to clean it, despite I have not a vinyl cleaning machine, impossible to spint it in this condition... :-(
By deafmetal
Splatter and haze vinyl can appear to be covered in "dust" from the factory, and require multiple cleanings. Haze vinyl especially, it seems.
By manuorru
Yes @deaf, I know about "residue" that sometimes is typical of haze records, but this is a split/splatter, and anyway it never happened to me with this kind of records... Sincerly it didn't seems "vinyl powder", but actually dirt, dust...
By texasvinyl
Agree. My copy It Follows was totally fucked. There was sand/grit on the disc from the pressing plant, and the disc moving around in the sleeve resulted in the sand deeply scratching all over the record surface. I sent it back to ElusiveDisc and am waiting for the repress to get it replaced.

Cleaning didn't work because it wasn't the powdery residue we've sometimes seen on "haze" pressings such as the ParaNorman bone haze variant. This was actual sand/grit and caused a lot of damage to the record surface.
By manuorru
Exactly Tex... Please JC is it possible to replace my copy?
By Hatter313
oh man, i'll have to check my copy when i get home, haven't gotten a chance to spin it yet
By texasvinyl
I bought from Elusive Disc and they are going to send another copy, so I'm good :)

Mostly posting to back up what Manu was experiencing. Not sure what would cause a grit on the disc like that, I've never really seen one like that before.

I could tell the mastering and pressing was otherwise awesome though, really looking forward to cranking up a clean copy! And Birdman is just terrific, maybe the best release you guys have done so far.
By Thequass
I had that sand/some type of debris in the sleeve issue recently too, different album, different label but it was super strange, first time I'd seen anything like that happen. I never did find what caused it in the sleeve but it certainly looked like it happened in transit as it was really small spots with tons of scratches in them and all over the LP.
By manuorru
[quote=62920]@manuorru we will take care of you.<br>
Email me at jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com

I ll need a photo of issue and your order number.

thank you

JC
[/quote]

Thanks JC, I will try to take a picture that will show up enough...
By ieatworms
I'm glad to say that my copy looks & sounds amazing.
By MilanRecords
@ieatworms Great. I am glad.
By MilanRecords
@ieatworms Great. I am glad.
By MilanRecords
@texasvinyl I am glad the store is replacing the copy.
Honestly I am not sure why this has happened. I ll send a note to the plant.

Thank you for your kind words on the mastering and Birdman. We took the time to remaster the drum score for Birdman for the vinyl release.

thank you for the support

JC
By deathwaltz
sorry to the folks still waiting on It Follows from Transmisiion ..
we are unfortunately still waiting on our copies .
By maxlevel
Will it arrive this week?