Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxvelvet
My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn it's documentary shot by the director's wife and Martinez did a wonderful score! Milan Records posted a preview of the record, here you are:

Coming out early 2015! Really can't wait, you can listen a preview here:

[video]http://youtu.be/8QpsfxR_tLQ[/video]

;)
By tonyandrewgiles
That looks ace @max :)
By MilanRecords
It is scheduled for a January 2015 release. 500 units only.
By NathanLurker
Sounds like an excellent release. I'm in. *adds to buy list*
By hncreature
That sounds ace @max
By ghostfires
The only negative to this is it is a half hour! I could listen to those subdued sounds for hours! I definitely can't wait for it.

You're making me dig up my Drive and Only God Forgove OSTs to slam on the turntable today.

Did this slightly remind anyone of Ambient Works II when listening?
By Spun out of control
Great stuff. Reminds me of his Solaris soundtrack in places with all its low key 'plinky plonkiness'... ;)

Shades of Phil Oakey's 'Together in Electric Dreams' in that 80's sounding end track.

Suspect Invada UK might be carrying a version of this.
By MilanRecords
@ghostfires - it is a short release. About 35 minutes. We are pricing it accordingly - Under 15 dollars
The album also includes a download card as well.

JC
By chandler75
Will Invada be carrying this? (pretty please).
By MilanRecords
We are talking with Invada. I think they will carry a small quantity in the UK.

JC
By ghostfires
@milanrecords - Hopefully you didn't take my criticism as negative, I definitely am really excited about this album! And the price tag - wow, that is one hell of a deal.

I was just rattling off an old complaint of when you find something good - there is never enough of it! Martinez could have recorded hours of this music, and I would have paid for a 4xLP of the same material. His work just never gets old to me, it is so calming and relaxing.
By MilanRecords
@ghostfires oh no, I didn't take it the wrong way. I had the same feeling when I heard it first. I wanted more of it:-).

Album is coming out on January 6.

JC
By NathanLurker
Received the album in my holidays mail. I came back from vacation yesterday and gave ''My life directed [...]''it's first spin. it's a great record. I love it. and I was surprised by the very ''pop'' last track :

[video]http://youtu.be/0k1UYLpATh0[/video]

I'd advise everyone to not pass up on this release it's not expensive, it's super good.