Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
Good morning,

The soundtrack to "The Knick" will be released on vinyl on December 23. It is a double gatefold LP pressed on 180gm black vinyl.
This release features:
1/ Original artwork and layout created by illustrator Kilian Eng.
2/ Previously unreleased music by Cliff Martinez (not available on the CD and digital album of the Knick!)
3/ Digital download card

YOU CAN NOW PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY @ OUR STORE:
http://bit.ly/VinylTheKnick

LISTEN TO TWO NEW TRACKS BY CLIFF MARTINEZ!
"We Are Out of Cocaine"
http://bit.ly/1EAnhga

"I Want To Get My Log Dunked"
http://bit.ly/1wdQwj8

=
By lazyben
I think I will probably buy this but I am surprised by the release date, I don't remember anyone releasing anything ever that close to Christmas :)
By MilanRecords
@Lazyben
It was the soonest we could release it by end of year. Because of the show ending in the USA soon, we had to release it before the end of year.
By lazyben
I figured it was something like that, I'm not complaining, just surprised.
By Whip Wilson
This is going to be nails.
By lazyben
I haven't seen the show as I rarely watch tv (I may break the habit and watch this soon though) but I spent part of this morning listening to all the samples I could find and this score is excellent. So I have put my preorder in.
By toosoonjunior
The entire soundtrack for The Knick was on youtube early this week, but unfortunately when I went back to listen to it again yesterday, it had been taken down to copyright stuff.
By lazyben
There are a bunch on soundcloud as well as the ones from the vinyl.
By fluppeco
`what makes this extra special is that the show is set in the early 1900s and the music is very atypical for that era, and yet somehow it just all makes sense.
By Whip Wilson
Never seen the show, but I've heard good things. I own a lot of scoreS to things I've never seen. Sometimes viewing the film or ahow it enhances the music, but sometimes it detracts. I've heard the version on Spotify about a dozen times by now and it is great stuff.
By chuck
Been listening to this the last couple of days on deezer.... Pretty awesome. But what did we expect?

Does anyone know if that's a cheeky Roland 303 Mr. Martinez is using there?
By blindguy
In this time of constant vinyl delays I have to pleasantly surprised I was to receive a shipping notice and then come home today to my copy of the Knick 8 days BEFORE it's scheduled release date (assuming i didn't miss an update). Only had a chance to sample a few tracks but can't wait to give it a full spin.

I can't say enough about how great my first shopping experience with Milan was, 4 items ordered, all at great prices, shipped in 3 separate packages as things were available at no extra cost to me and now to get an item early! Already looking forward to the next time I order from them.
By MilanRecords
@blindguy thank you for the good words!