Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
Dear all,

Milan Records finally has a web-store where you can purchase and pre-order our vinyl releases.
http://store.milanrecords.com

You can already pre-order OLDBOY and TAKE SHELTER. Product orders are handled directly by our warehouse and pre-orders should arrive directly on album's release date.
We have also done our best to decrease international shipment costs. There is still a cost but it is now lower than what some of you are used to.

We want to make the store better. It is a work in progress but you now can order directly from us. I want to hear from you with your honest feedback. Don't hold any punches (hopefully I can take them).

Thank you for your support.

JC
By texasvinyl
Looks good! Would be nice to see a few details like color variant (if applicable), for example is Oldboy the red vinyl?

Edit- I see details on the desktop site. I was looking at the mobile site on my phone earlier.
By ghostfires
The only suggestion I have is maybe add sound samples.

I rarely ever buy an album unless I get a chance to check out a sample or two first. I know it can be a little bit of a headache to house music some where, upload tracks, etc...but $20-30 per album is a lot these days and so I like to ensure that I won't have to turn around and sell it right after I get it in because I bought blindly.
By lazyben
I'm in. I ordered both together so I'm assuming they'll ship together on the later (Oldboy's) release date (I'm fine with this).

The store worked fine. The domestic shipping would be a bit expensive for a single record but isn't as bad split between two. I usually pick media mail when it's offered but I quite understand if you don't want to use the usps.

Particularly glad to have a copy of Oldboy ordered!
By MilanRecords
@Texasvinyl: Thank you for the quick feedback.
1/ Yes the version sold on this site is the red vinyl. Invada will have the orange vinyl.

I will make sure we update the site with more precise info.

thank you

JC
By MilanRecords
@ghostfires.

Good call. We usually have sound samples on our Soundclould page. Let see if we can embed samples in the page. It is not a hassle to upload samples.

I get it. Let me see what I can do.

JC
By MilanRecords
@lazyben...I didn't think about that one. Let me check how they manage shipment of two copies pre-ordered at the same time but with different release date.

JC
By toosoonjunior
And yowzah, look at those prices! Sub $20?

I'll be placing an order shortly! :)
By Whip Wilson
JC, the store looks great. I'd second the notion of embedding SoundCloud samples, but that's about all. Well done.
By MilanRecords
@Mateo. Thank you. I am working on getting the Soundcloud thing done.

Also, our entire catalogue is listed in the CD and vinyl section. It is completely disorganized. It will be in order of release date in the next few weeks.

By texasvinyl
Does Milan Records have a physical presence in Texas? The site is adding sales tax to the order; in Texas the sales tax is only applicable (I think) when the retailer has a physical/brick & mortar presence in the state.

I also concur with another comment I saw about the shipping; USPS Media Mail is a great cost effective option vs UPS Ground.

Can you let me know about the tax? Looking to pick up Arbitrage, Oldboy, Take Shelter & McCanick LPs.

Everything else looks good! Glad to see you have a site up and running.
By MilanRecords
@Texasvinyl Let me ask about the tax to the store operator.
By MilanRecords
@Texasvinyl @Lazyben: regarding USPS vs UPS. Our orders are then placed directly with the warehouse which uses exclusively UPS to ship directly to stores and customers from the warehouse. They don't work with USPS.
By Whip Wilson
@TX-McCanick is awesome. All of JJ's work is though.
By MilanRecords
@texasvinyl:

I inquired about your question. The store operator is tracking an answer for me.
I am hoping to have it early next week.
Did you place an order? if you did, can you send me your name at jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com and the store will investigate.

Thank you

JC
By philball1974
Nice store JC and prices are really good.

By MilanRecords
The Milan Records vinyl edition to Oldboy is available for pre-order:
http://store.milanrecords.com/oldboy-lp.html

This 1000 unit pressing features an original artwork by Laurent Durieux and a download card. The Milan Records edition is pressed on 180gm red vinyl.

Our European friends can pre-order the release directly from our good pals at Invada Records. The Invada Records edition is limited to 500 units and is pressed on 180gm orange vinyl.
http://invadarecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... 500-copies

You can listen to some tracks @
https://soundcloud.com/milanrecords/set ... ook-oldboy
By philball1974
If my calculations are correct, its actually only £22 to order direct from Milan to the UK and its £23 from Invada so if you wanted the red not the orange its doable.

By chandler75
But they might not write a lower value, and you can't write a note asking about it, so there's a good chance that it will incur VAT and charges (they write: If you order products for delivery to a shipping address outside the United States, you will be responsible for any and all import taxes, tariffs and duties which may be levied by your Customs or Government or Other Authority upon any parcel we send to you.).
By lazyben
I just got a shipping notice for Take Shelter so it seems (to my surprise) that they are splitting them. This is great, I just wasn't expecting it!
By fluppeco
Yes, JC will you lower values on shipped out package? Here customs doesn't tax packages lower than 30euro.

It's weird that it's more expensive for us Europeans to order from the UK than ordering directly from Milan US.
By MilanRecords
@Fluppeco, sorry but what do you mean by " lower values on shipped out package"?

JC
By toosoonjunior
@Milan, he wants you to put the value of the record(s) as being less than 30euros on the customs declaration form when you ship so he doesn't get hit with taxes.
By chandler75
Milan, EU customs rates are crazy. It's different from country to country, but if I order, say, Oldboy LP from you (here in Denmark), I will have to pay:

$18.98 - LP
$15.99 - shipping =

34,97 total

+ $8.74 VAT
+ $27.00 import fee

= $70.71 for Oldboy LP.

However, if you would mark the package as e.g. $10 value, it would slip right through...
By chandler75
Some of the major US labels represented on this forum automatically mark overseas packages as $10, and others will do it if you write a note at checkout...