Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
@Rasmus the shipping wouldn't be included in the value of the item surely?

for the UK the HMRC declare

the total value of the goods (not including shipping charges or insurance) does not exceed £135 (€150, or equivalent in local currency),
By The Cult Leader
Just ordered

Arbitrage LP
Take Shelter LP
Oldboy LP
Filth LP
Only God Forgives LP
By MilanRecords
@rasmus let me find out. I am gathering all you guys' notes and feedback for our store operator.

Stay tune
By The Cult Leader
Thank you! Some great releases right there. I've been wanting to pick up Only God Forgives & Arbitrage for a while now, and with the new releases like Old Boy and Take Shelter, then having them all in one place for very reasonable prices made it an all around great order.

Thanks Milan
By hncreature
+1 with ghostfires!
By chandler75
philball1974: Yes, here in Denmark you have to pay 25 % VAT for both the item and shipping costs (unless the shipping costs are not visible on the package). Plus a fixed $27.00 import fee no matter the price of the item.

The Scandinavian welfare system is not cheap, so there's a good reason for these charges. I just wish vinyl was exempt from import duties :)
By philball1974
@rasmus that's a real downer!! Paying tax on shipping.

Probably explains why I've had items before that had lower values on the package
By skate
That £135 is the threshold at which customs duty is paid. However, VAT is still due at a much lower level (when importing outside of the EU) - that being when the value of the goods (excluding shipping costs) exceed £15.

This can add quite a bit to the value of an item - once that threshold is reached, then VAT @20% is due on the combined cost of both the value of the item and the shipping. Also, the courier service will charge a flat handling fee at the point of delivery (Royal Mail charge £8).
By Occhionero
Wouldn't make sense in Germany. Customs wanna see a cooy of the invoice and credit card (or paypal) bill.
By fluppeco
photoshop can help you with that problem, I'VE HEARD.
By MilanRecords
Hi everyone,

I have an update regarding the store:
1/ We are looking into adding Soundcloud links to allow you to listen to sound samples.
2/ Titles ordered as a bundle will ship separately to arrive to the customer on / around each street date.
3/ Sales tax will be added in various states because our distributor WMG has a presence there.
4/ We are looking into bundling digital downloads with physical pre-orders. It will allow you to get the album digitally immediately on pre-ordered release.

Let me know if you have more questions

JC
By The Cult Leader
2/ Titles ordered as a bundle will ship separately to arrive to the customer on / around each street date.

I noticed this, as all my vinyl except Old Boy is marked as shipped.
By The Cult Leader
One thing I would love to see the Milan online store do, would be to distribute some of the Invada releases. I noticed Invada will be carrying some of your records for customers in the UK. I really want to pick up Warning Sign, would be better to buy off your site.
By Bub
^^ this +1
By manuorru
@MilanRecords Only God Forgives LP looks like to be a single LP on your website, and a double LP (colored) on Invada website...
By fluppeco
Prices are so sharp on the store, I chanced it and ordered a couple of records. Since they're send separately I'm hoping to not run into customs trouble.
By MilanRecords
@manuorru you are correct. It is a double vinyl. the price is currently wrong on our store as well. So hurry up to order it before it climbs to its normal price:-)

JC
By The Cult Leader
JC

I sent an email to info@milanrecords.com about my order and haven't received a response in 2 days.

I ordered Take Shelter, Arbitrage, Filth, Only God Forgives, and Oldboy

There must have been a mistake because Arbitrage, Filth, and Only God Forgives came on CD. I know I definitely ordered correctly and choose vinyl.
By reddye6
I had an issue with ordering. I just pre-ordered "The Knick," and that went fine -- I got my confirmation number. Not knowing that the records would ship separately, I placed an order for Oldboy and Take Shelter. When I tried to confirm my order, the credit card number field went red. However, the credit card number was fine; I used it in my previous order. I then tried a different credit card, but it still gave me a red credit card field. Is an order flagged if you try to put multiple orders in on one day?
By Bub
I was having the same problem as Reddye6 in regards to the credit card so I paid with PayPal. Weird thing is that when it took me to PayPal, the item description section was blank. So I just copied & pasted what I was ordering into that blank field. Then when the PP transaction was complete, it took me back to my view cart page where the item I just ordered is still in cart. My order isn't showing up in my order history either.
By MilanRecords
@reddye6 & @Bub Let me find out about the above =. I will have an answer asap/

@Bub: could you please email me at jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com with your info and I will see if the store operator can find your info.
Did you PP account get debited?

JC
By reddye6
Thank you, JC!
By reddye6
Some extra info -- I just tried to place an order again, and I got the same failure, so it isn't based on multiple orders in the same day.