Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
Hi all,

I think the news is out. Milan Records in partnership with Invada Records (for Europe) will release on vinyl the soundtrack to Park Chan-wook's "Oldboy" on November 18.
This is the first release in a new series presented by Nicolas Winding Refn who will collaborate with Milan Records to bring on vinyl some classic soundtracks on vinyl from the Milan records' vault. Expect a new release per quarter.

DETAILS ABOUT THE RELEASE:
1500 units pressed.
180 gram vinyl
Original artwork designed by Laurent Durieux
Download card included.

More information at FACT MAGAZINE:
http://www.factmag.com/2014/09/03/milan ... irst-time/

By philball1974
Guys this is an awesome release, I hope its only available at Mondocon or some other event i won't be able to attend ;)

Seriously good score!
By lazyben
This is excellent news and I am delighted but I seriously need Lady Vengeance too so can that be next? Pretty please!
By MilanRecords
Hi Phil,

It is only coming out on November 16. It won't be at Mondocon.

Best

JC
By philball1974
Thank goodness for that!! Me want!
By MilanRecords
Another detail.

This is a single release. Not a double LP. As with The Congress, we didn't include a few tracks for space reason. But the download card features the whole album. Vinyl features the most essential tracks from the album.
Park Chan wook re-arranged the tracklist for the vinyl and decided which cues to and not to include.

The Invada release will be a 500 unit orange variant.
The Milan release will be a 1000 unit red variant.

JC
By fluppeco
the artworrk is stunning
By MilanRecords
Thank you. The image continues on the back of the jacket.
By philball1974
"But the download card features the best music"

That's a strange way to do it JC!

By MilanRecords
I wrote too fast. I meant the vinyl features the best music and the download card features the whole album.
By philball1974
That's better! Probably due to the excitement of the release!
By horseloverphat
Not been around recently...mainly due to my car crash personal life, but I do like good news.

Oh...one of my 'grails'...this is the kind of news that makes you want to jump from the rooftops!!!

By palmat
Bought the korean CD way back in the days. About time for an upgrade! Many thanks Milan!
By horseloverphat
[quote=30495]I wrote too fast. I meant the vinyl features the best music and the download card features the whole album.[/quote]

The entire OST is worthy of the vinyl treatment imo. That said, I'll take anything I can get.
By MilanRecords
The Milan Records vinyl edition to Oldboy is available for pre-order:
http://store.milanrecords.com/oldboy-lp.html

This 1000 unit pressing features an original artwork by Laurent Durieux and a download card. The Milan Records edition is pressed on 180gm red vinyl.

Our European friends can pre-order the release directly from our good pals at Invada Records. The Invada Records edition is limited to 500 units and is pressed on 180gm orange vinyl.
http://invadarecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... 500-copies

You can listen to some tracks @
https://soundcloud.com/milanrecords/set ... ook-oldboy
By Occhionero
Ordered from INVADA!

Will all releases of the colaboration be available at Invada?
By MilanRecords
@occhionero: Thank you.
Not all Milan releases will be available at Invada. We partner on certain projects but not all.
By Occhionero
Thx for info! I will order the future releases in your shop and hope shipping to Germany is not too high.
By philball1974
Is a great release JC. Im loving the orange i picked up from Invada.
By lazyben
My Milan preorder turned up today and is excellent as expected. I've always been a big fan of this score so am very pleased to have a nice vinyl edition in my hands. Mine seemed more orange than red but it played very cleanly so I don't really care about the colour.
By henschus
@lazyben: did u receive a shipping notification?