Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
Dear all,

I am pleased to announce our next vinyl soundtrack release. It will be the soundtrack to Ari Folman's "The Congress".
The music is by Max Richter who also collaborated with Ari Folman on the music to "Waltz With Bashir".

Here are some info on the release (artwork and sound cloud link attached)
RELEASE DATE: 07/22/2014
PRESSING QUANTITY: 500 units only
180g white pressed vinyl;
Digital download card included (feat. tracks not available on vinyl)
12x12 art insert included
US retail price: $ 18.98

https://soundcloud.com/milanrecords/max ... inning-and
By Rob
Not heard of that, but it looks lovely. Will Invada be getting any in the UK?
By pabloeterovic
thanks Milan records !!!! just pre ordered it via amazon

By MilanRecords
Hi Rob,

We are not sure yet if Invada will take it on. I will let you know when I find out.

Best

JC
By Re-animated Cat
Yo JC - any plans to repress Mulholland Drive?

This sounds lovely, btw. Gotta love Max Richter.
By NathanLurker
[quote=22499]Yo JC – any plans to repress Mulholland Drive?

This sounds lovely, btw. Gotta love Max Richter.
[/quote]

Check the MILAN general thread, it's mentionned they don't have the rights to that soundtrack anymore, so no repress :(
By MilanRecords
Hi Re-Animated Cat,

We no longer have the rights to Mulholland Dr. So no reissue for the moment. I am sure it will eventually pop up again somewhere.

The Congress is one of Max Richter's best score. It is a great record.

Best

JC
By Re-animated Cat
Ah, I didn't see that thread.

Many thanks for the reply though, JC :)

I have a feeling Mulholland Dr won't be out of print for very long. Someone will pick that one up sooner or later.
By ghostfires
How exciting!! Max Richter is one of the most amazing modern composers, so any time he has a new album coming out I get all excited. I own every record he has out...I can't ever get enough of his music!
By MilanRecords
Hi Rob,

It is a great record. One of Max Richter's best. I don't think Invada will carry this one in the UK.
I am hoping that our UK distributor, Warner, will carry a 100 units for UK stores. I ll let you know.

Best

JC
By oaxaca
The only stuff of his I've listened to is his album The Blue Notebooks; exquisite music. Tempted with this but need to see the film first!
By MilanRecords
If you are based in the USA, the film is coming out through Alamo Drafthouse end of July on VOD and in theaters end of August.
By Oiche
Agree with you on that ghostfires, this guy is amazing. His reworkings of four seasons was beautiful. Cant wait to see him do it live on 4th Oct!
By reddye6
As I mentioned elsewhere, one can pre-order this LP from Amazon:

LINK
By MilanRecords
The vinyl to THE CONGRESS by Max Richter is here. Feat: 180gram pressed white vinyl / download card and 12x12 art insert.
500 units only.
Check out this beauty! The album is coming out on July 22.

By seb
It's beautiful JC... Job well done!
By unpopular_poet
Wow, I just listened to the tracks on the soundcloud...and immediately pre-ordered on Amazon. Really moving. The packaging is really beautiful as well. Well done.
By philball1974
If is just me or is The Congress warped as a mutherF.....? Im talking 2-3 centimetres lift on one side!!

By MilanRecords
oh man....I am sorry. I think you have a bad copy. Please let me know if you want a replacement vinyl? I ll happily ship one to you. This is not acceptable.

JC
By ghostfires
I received my copy a week or so ago, it looks and sounds absolutely awesome. I LOVE the music of Max Richter!! And the white vinyl looks really nice on my turntable.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hi JC - I'm sorry to say that my copy is also warped, but more so than that the tracks closest the label on both sides have a really loud "scrunching" noise. I'm happily listening to the download mp3s for now, but is there anything that can be done please? Much obliged.
By philball1974
Thanks JC. Invada also offered a refund but couldn't replace it due to no stock left.

At the moment it has been pressed by a couple of books and some weights and the record is flat but unfortunately still has a lot of surface noise on the first 2 tracks.