Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
Hi everyone,

I am JC Chamboredon. I run Milan Records. Milan Records is a label specialized in soundtrack which has been in operation for 35 years. It is a fully independent, family run affair.
We started releasing some of our soundtracks on 180g vinyl about five years ago with titles such as "City of God", "Mulholland Dr" and "Pan's Labyrinth".

Our most recent releases feature Mike Patton's "The Place Beyond The Pines, Cliff Martinez's "Arbitrage" and "Only God Forgives", "Valhalla Rising", Clint Mansell's "Last Night" and "Stoker", Johann Johannsson's "McCanick" and most recently Mica Levi's "Under The Skin".

Our most recent release is the complete score to "Filth" by Clint Mansell (500 units). Our releases are all pressed on 180g vinyl, include a digital download card and indicates the amount of units pressed if the release is limited.

I am looking forward to getting to know you, hearing your comments and critical feedback.

Cheers,

JC
By philball1974
Hi JC, I pick up a lot of your stuff from @Invadauk.

Always good stuff, and always look out for future releases from you.
By static14
Hi JC! A quick question. You wouldn't happen to have any copies of Mulholland Drive that might be sitting around anywhere would you? I've been kicking myself for years for missing out on that release.

Welcome to the Forum!
By seb
Welcome on board JC... Nice to have you here.
Milan was an inspiration for many labels on here (including One Way Static) to start our own.

Cheers

Seb
OWS Records
By MilanRecords
Hi Static,

Unfortunately we don't have any copies left. I don't even have a copy for myself anymore. I ll still give another look and will let you know if I find one.
By MilanRecords
Thank you Phil for your kind words.
By MilanRecords
Thank you Seb,

This is very nice to hear. We are very impressed by what all the labels on this forum do for film music. It's an inspiration to improve the quality of our work as well.

Cheers

Jc
By soundtracks of fear
Hi Jc welcome to the forum. I have picked a few of Milan releases over the years.
@static hey nice try :)
By picnicinthejungle
In Australia, I think it is pretty tough finding "The Elephant Man" on vinyl. Any chance of The Residents "Hunters" OST on vinyl?
By MilanRecords
Hi, it's been pretty difficult to get our vinyl in Australia. Do you have any recommendation of key, good local vinyl stores we should reach out to?
I am not sure that we released "Hunters" back in the day.

Thx

JC
By MilanRecords
Thank you for the support Dagar.

JC
By deathwaltz
Welcome JC

So great to have you here.

By MilanRecords
Thank you sir! Very happy to be here. Congratulations on all your inspiring work.
By static14
Thanks JC. I appreciate the response.
By Jode_Steele
Hey JC,

Cool to see you on here. Got your superb "Valhalla Rising" and must also grab the "Under The Skin" score from you guys. I would kill for a re-issue/copy of your Mulholland Drive or Pan's Labyrinth wax!! :)

Again, great to have you on this wicked forum.

By MilanRecords
Hi Pablo,

Wow the news is coming out fast. Yes, you are correct, we are putting out a 500 units edition of The Congress on July 22nd. I will post very soon about the release and its features.
We eventually may release his score to Disconnect on vinyl.

Milan didn't release Waltz with Bashir. This was an EMI release. This will make a great vinyl.

I hope you will enjoy The Congress. It is a great score.
By MilanRecords
Thank you very much for your support.
Under The Skin is a great, dark score. You should not have any problem finding the vinyl as we manufactured a good amount.
We don't have the rights to Mulholland Dr anymore. They expired.
I think the Pan's Labyrinth wax is still available in retail.

Best

JC
By pabloeterovic
if anyone finds it (pan's labyrinth), please put the link here!
By thenuthouse
How would I got about contacting someone from the label for my OST column in Starburst Magazine? Love what you've done thus far.
By philball1974
@thenthouse I like that OST column in starburst. Great magazine apart from all the Dr Who love!
By fluppeco
Hey JC, welcome! Will there be a 'Cold In July OST' vinyl release? I'm also digging the 'Chef OST' any news on that one?
By PaulZaza
Hi JC,
just wanna say i have almost every Vinyl release you mentioned.
Great fan of the Label! Keep up the fantastic work!

Kind regards from germany
By MilanRecords
Hi Fluppeco,

Yes,there is a Chef vinyl in the work. It will come out last week of August.

Regarding Cold In July, we re still debating about a vinyl release. The music is spectacular but we re still waiting to see how the film and digital/Cd releases are doing.

best

Jc