Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
Interesting project. I will have to watch the film again, as it's been quite a while. The white vinyl/red label idea sounds very striking.
By seb
BR is one of my fav soundtracks ever. Can't wait to own this on vinyl!

Love you Milan, see you in Gent in a couple of weeks JC!
By soundtracks of fear
Used to have one of these on a t-shirt, airside were also the peeps behind lemon jelly which also had damn fine CD packaging.
By texasvinyl
Just noticed Milan was the label that released the Dexter ost via Hot Topic. Are y'all doing a second run of these?
By toosoonjunior
Just got done listening to Oldboy and Take Shelter, both really fantastic releases! Looking forward to grabbing The Knick from you guys next. Keep up the good work!
By MilanRecords
@toosoonjunior

Thank you very much.

The Knick is going to be a very good one. The album was fully remastered for vinyl and it includes additional music by Cliff not available on the CD and digital.

You will dig it

JC
By Spun out of control
Looking forward to getting my copy of the Knick... have been enjoying the digital download until then. Also loving the download of Old Boy and, conversely all the extra digital tracks that are not on the vinyl which are really good too - could have been a double LP for Old Boy perhaps? :)

Any news on when we are going to see the BR vinyl release Milan, or still early days?
By MilanRecords
@Spunoutofcontrol

BR is going to be the third release in the Nicolas Winding Refn Presents series. There is one before that we are going to announce very soon! I think you can expect BR for Spring time.

Regarding single or double vinyl, the decision is usually based on various factors: 1/ I try to keep some of our releases affordable to a wider audience. 2/ having enough music to justify a double vinyl (between 70-80 minutes). When an album is slightly above 50 minutes, we prefer to make a single vinyl with the missing music on a download card. Otherwise the second LP is light on content and I m not sure if it justifies the higher price point involved with a 2xLP.

JC
By Spun out of control
Thanks for responding, JC - it's appreciated!

Perhaps the next 'secret' release will be a vinyl version of Cold in July... but whatever it is, you guys are putting out plenty of interesting sounds right now, so hats off.
By abedunk
Watched the film a few days ago, absolutely knocked out by the drumming from Antonio Sanchez and Brian Blade! I'm in!!
By toosoonjunior
Received The Knick yesterday! What an all-around fantastic release! Keep up the good work, Milan!

By DISCOSUCKS...
Hey JC - a happy new year to you guys at Milan, you bought us some fantastic plastic this year, so thank you!

I'm wondering (and hoping, and hoping....)

Is there any chance you might re-issue Mulholland Drive at some point, dya think?

I know there'd be a huge clamour for it round these parts for sure!

Cheers, Scott
By deafmetal
^ Bummer

Oh well, I am pretty stoked for Battle Royale.
By MilanRecords
Hi Scott,

Happy new year to you as well and thank you for the kind words.
We no longer have the rights to Mulholland Dr. We have no plan to re-release it for now.

But I think you are going to be happy when we announce what we have coming for 2015.

Best

JC
By lazyben
Exciting stuff for sure, the recent run of Milan releases has been awesome so keep 'em coming.

Disco, you are so excited that you're up at 4am?!?!?!?
By DrRhythm
Is Testament Of Youth going to get a vinyl release?
By MilanRecords
@DrRhythm, it is still be discussed. We are waiting for the US release of the film.

JC

By DrRhythm
Ah - understood!
By Tron4Life
There is listing over Amazon.com that Milan would release soundtrack of Robocop. JC, is this happening and which version that would be?
By MilanRecords
@Tron4Life the secret will be soon disclosed: -) I guess it is less and less of a secret.