Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
Thank you Paul,

Much appreciated.

Best

Jc
By tonyandrewgiles
Hi JC, just wanted to share pretty much all the sentiments already said, thanks for the killer releases & Under The Skin is by far one of my top releases of the year.
By oaxaca
Well, the only release of yours I have is Invasion USA from 1985 - which is awesome! Discogs says its country of release was France and it was released by Varese Sarabande in the States. Being a US company, how come you released it in Europe, if you don't mind me asking? I'm also after your release of Quiet Earth, love that film. I'm afraid I haven't watched many of the films you're releasing soundtracks to presently as I'm more of a fan of older cinema.
By MontrealWatson
Hi JC ,
Any chance of "The Double" being released on vinyl?
Best,
Jim
By MilanRecords
Hi Jim,

No release of The Double is planned on vinyl for now. It may change in the future.

Best

JC
By MilanRecords
Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your support and nice words!

Best

JC
By MilanRecords
Hi Oaxaca,

You know the early days of Milan quite well. At the time, Milan didn't have distribution in the USA yet. Milan, originally a French label, released several soundtracks in Europe that were released by Varese in the USA.
Milan USA didn't exist yet at the time of Invasion USA. The US company started about 25 years ago. I hope this clarifies things a bit.

I must admit I am not familiar with Quiet Earth. I will ask the founder of the company about it.

Thank you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best

JC
By NathanLurker
I'd love to have Quiet Earth as well.

I've got most of the recent releases, The Place Beyond The Pines, Arbitrage, Only God Forgives, Valhalla Rising, Last Night, Stoker, McCanick and Under The Skin. they're all very good records. My favorites are Only God Forgives, Stoker and Under the Skin
By static14
Under The Skin is one of my favorite releases of the year so far hands down. Not only a great score but a great pressing as well. quiet, dynamic, and clean.
By MilanRecords
Thank you Static,

I am glad you enjoy the quality of Under The Skin. They were several passes at mastering to finally get a vinyl master that pleased composer Mica Levi.

Best

Jc
By MilanRecords
I'm going to have to investigate about Quiet Earth. I'll check if we still have the rights.
Thank you for supporting the label.

Best

Jc
By zuko
Welcome aboard JC, you guys release some great stuff :)
By chandler75
"Valhalla Rising" and "Only God Forgives" were amongst my favorite releases last year. Any chance you'll be doing some of Nicolas Winding Refn's other previous films?
By MilanRecords
Hi Rasmus,

Thank you. For now, there are no plans to release soundtracks to previous films by NWR. But we are currently working on a new project with Nicolas Winding Refn which we will announce sometimes this summer.

Best

JC
By albatard
Hi JC!
First of all thanks for your killer releases, Only God Forgives may be the record i've played the most last year!

Any plan of pressing Mulholland Dr. again? I want that soundtrack so bad, but don't want to end spending more than 150€ on discogs.

Cheers
By MilanRecords
Hi Albatard

Thanks a bunch. I am very proud of the Only God Forgives release. It must be my favorite as well.

Ah I wish we could re-release Mulholland Dr. Our rights to the album expired a few years ago. We cannot repress it unfortunately.

cheers

JC
By albatard
aaarrrrggg too bad!
Thanks for your answer anyway!

cheers
By Whip Wilson
Hey, Gang, can anyone (JC or any of my STBC brethren) shed any light on THIS RELEASE? It appears to contain some of the digital exclusive tracks and the label has a pretty large release gap on Discogs. I'm wondering if this is legitimate or a bootleg and is it sourced from the official release's digital version?

LINKY
By MilanRecords
Hi Mateo,

Which release are you referring to?

Best

JC
By philball1974
[quote=22215]

But we are currently working on a new project with Nicolas Winding Refn which we will announce sometimes this summer.

[/quote]

I walk with the dead?
By MilanRecords
HI Mateo,

I just found about this release recently. I think it is a vinyl EP the film's distributor in France, Gaumont, put together for Record Store Day. We didn't release it.

It's not a bootleg. it is legit. But is more of an EP than anything else.

JC
By MilanRecords
Hi Phill,

No, not I Walk With The Dead.
We are working on the soundtrack to a documentary called "My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn" which was directed by his wife during the shoot of Only God Forgives. The music is also by Cliff Martinez.

Best

JC