Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
Jesus! Wow! :) :) :)

Is the documentary getting an actual release then do you know, or is it mooted for some kind of disc-supplement
package with a future edition of the movie? Sounds amazing...I bet Jodorowsky's in it ;)
By chandler75
Now that is interesting!

People who like Winding Refn should also check out the documentary "Gambler" from 2005 which follows Refn after his backrupcy due to the failure of "Fear X". Refn had spent all his money from the hit "Pusher" on "Fear X" and had lost millions. The movie follows his trials and tribulations as he's deciding to make the two sequels to "Pusher" with the prime objective of paying off his huge debts. His wife also appears in the movie.
By philball1974
NWR is awesome as is Cliff Martinez. I read a good interview with CM who basically said he knew nothing about film scores but Steven Soderberg taught him how to score. And now Soderberg has quit hollywood to paint!

Taught him well imo.

Look forward to the Doc if its released.
By MilanRecords
The doc will get a release but I am not authorized to disclose much more information. But it will come out.
By Whip Wilson
JC, thank you for the great information all around. Very exciting news about the forthcoming doc and its score.
By Cloudships
I have been playing that side B of the Wanna Fight? 7" a lot in the last few weeks. Any plans for more 7" singles from full OSTs being released in the future? I actually enjoy remixes and alternate takes when done well and love that huge low end on that record.
By thenuthouse
JC: Shot you an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to have gone to the land of spam.
By MilanRecords
hi, thanks a lot about getting the Wanna Fight 7". I'd like to do more of those small 7". It is just about getting the right project and most importantly, as you mentioned, about getting a good quality bonus material which will be worth putting out. There is none planned now but we are always looking for the right opportunity to do it.
By MilanRecords
I just answered your email

JC
By zuko
+1 for a Cold in July vinyl release, great score :)
By MilanRecords
Hi Zuko,

I agree. The music is definitely worthy of a vinyl release but unfortunately the film and the original CD/digital soundtrack releases underperformed. We must see a minimum of movement on CD / digital before considering a vinyl release. We hope the DVD release will get this film the exposure it deserves. WE must still wait and see before doing this one on vinyl.

Best

JC
By MilanRecords
The vinyl to THE CONGRESS is here! Check it out. 500 units only, available in stores on Tuesday July 22.

By DrRhythm
I just scored a copy of Only God Forgives for a very reasonable price - more than happy!!
By Re-animated Cat
Received my copy of Under the Skin today. Nice soundtrack, but unfortunately the record is covered in manufacturing scuffs and scratches (yes, it was new/sealed).

JC, did you get this pressed at GZ? Cos it's got GZ's poor quality control written all over it. Very disappointing :(
By MilanRecords
Hi,

I am sorry about this bad experience.
Could you please send me a photo of the issue at jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com
This has been a pretty big seller and we only received a couple of complaints but this is the first about scuffs and scratches on the actual record.
It was not pressed at GZ. We press at Rainbo Records in California.

I'd really appreciate a photo of the issue and we can then take it from there to see what we can do.

I am sorry again.

Best

JC
By philball1974
Hey JC, do you have a UK distributor for the Congress? I noticed Norman records only have CD!
By Cloudships
i worked at a music distribution warehouse and have seen garbage vinyl come from every major vinyl manufacturer. A press operator is essentially a factory worker and depending on whos manning a press at the moment, youll get all kinds of issues. Ive seen straight up scratches and thumbprints that were so oily and gross that you could pull a print from them with bond paper. Dont even get me started on the white paper sleeves and all the paper shards. There was weird vinyl issues coming from every plant for a bit right after that huge beatles box set came out a few years back. Every plant had to rush their jobs. We even found records with a side b from A DIFFERENT BAND and totally different matrix code.
By MilanRecords
Hi Phil,

We shipped about 100 units to our UK distributor, Warner. I think they just got the product in. It should be available in the UK in the next few days. I know you can also order it from Invada which is going to sell a small quantity through their sites.

Best

JC
By MilanRecords
I imagine it is probably even getting worse now given the increasing number of releases pressed on vinyl. It is unfortunate and very hard to control on our end. So far we manage to handle the few complaints we got. Thank God we didn't get yet a Side A , Side B mix up!

JC
By Cloudships
for what its worth, Rainbo RTI and Erika generally have had the least amount of issues in my experience. Pirates press rarely has issues with the actual vinyl, but they use this weird soft cardboard to ship so entire boxes with messed up corners was a pretty regular thing.
By Re-animated Cat
@JC: Many thanks for the reply. I know it's not your fault directly, it's a manufacturing issue, so no hard feelings :)

I'm just getting quite fed up with the poor standards at some plants, that's all. As Cloudships has pointed out, almost all plants are over-run with orders at the moment and obviously, in some places quality control is suffering as a result.

JC, I'd be happy to email you some photos if it helps you. I don't expect you to replace the record or anything like that. That's the retailer's responsibility and I'll take it up with them, so no worries there :) ... I will send you some pics though.

@Cloudships: In Europe, Pirates Press is just a broker for GZ, so it's different from in the US - which one you were referring to? And which plants did you deal with in particular? That's interesting anyway.
By Re-animated Cat
P.S: And yes, I've just come in from the pub ;)
By MilanRecords
@philball1974 - The LP of The Congress will be officially available in the UK on August 7.
By philball1974
Thanks JC. An order will definitely be placed.