Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Hi all!

Glad to see this get an official release too, will pick it up even though I grabbed the boot.

On a similar note I would highly recommend some of Geinoh Yamashirogumi other works. I recently picked up 'Osorezan/doh no kembai'. ogs are relatively affordable.
the title translates to 'fear mountain/copper sword dance'

the track 'fear mountain' will have your attention from the get go, though if you're in a hurry check the dope groove they drop into around 8min 15s mark. Truly mind melting stuff and every bit as good as their more highly priced rareities.

Their album Ecophony Rinne is also awesome but ogs go for crazy money, there are boots of this out there also.

I'm really looking forward to see what other anime releases, or japanese cinema for that matter, Milan plan to release.
By deafmetal
@Dollarhyde - Great post! I am also curious about the status of Battle Royale, and Milan also released the classic anime Ninja Scroll on CD recently.
By Dollarhyde
@deaf

I loved the film battle royal but cannot remember the ost at all. I thought ninja scroll was a planned vinyl release, I stumbled across some youtube vids from the OST and it sounds very tempting, but will pass if it's only cd.

By MilanRecords
Dollarhyde wrote:@deaf

I loved the film battle royal but cannot remember the ost at all. I thought ninja scroll was a planned vinyl release, I stumbled across some youtube vids from the OST and it sounds very tempting, but will pass if it's only cd.

The vinyl to Ninja Scroll will be released this October at Mondocon.
By MilanRecords
deafmetal wrote:@Dollarhyde - Great post! I am also curious about the status of Battle Royale, and Milan also released the classic anime Ninja Scroll on CD recently.
Battle Royale is still scheduled but it will be likely in early 2017. the LP to Ninja Scroll is coming out this October for Mondocon.
By Dollarhyde
MilanRecords wrote:
deafmetal wrote:@Dollarhyde - Great post! I am also curious about the status of Battle Royale, and Milan also released the classic anime Ninja Scroll on CD recently.
Battle Royale is still scheduled but it will be likely in early 2017. the LP to Ninja Scroll is coming out this October for Mondocon.

Cool! hope we see more older anime and eastern cinema soundtracks getting the vinyl treatment.
By Mateo Sanboval
Shin Godzilla has to be getting an LP release. It is truly awesome.
By reddye6
I got a strange package from Artist Arena today. I had ordered three albums -- Sakamoto's "Plankton," "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," and "Jackie" -- from Milan. I got a shipping notice for my order before Christmas, and I received the package today. The package, however, was only a slim envelope with a printed packing slip (listing a "2016 WRA Multi-31X20," whatever that is) and a return label -- nothing else. I sent a message to AA to inquire as to what is the status of my vinyl order. Has anyone else experienced this?
By MilanRecords
reddye6 wrote:I got a strange package from Artist Arena today. I had ordered three albums -- Sakamoto's "Plankton," "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," and "Jackie" -- from Milan. I got a shipping notice for my order before Christmas, and I received the package today. The package, however, was only a slim envelope with a printed packing slip (listing a "2016 WRA Multi-31X20," whatever that is) and a return label -- nothing else. I sent a message to AA to inquire as to what is the status of my vinyl order. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi,

This is indeed strange. Could you please send me your order number? I will make sure everything is in order.

Happy new year and thank you for the order!

Best

JC
By reddye6
MilanRecords wrote:
reddye6 wrote:I got a strange package from Artist Arena today. I had ordered three albums -- Sakamoto's "Plankton," "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," and "Jackie" -- from Milan. I got a shipping notice for my order before Christmas, and I received the package today. The package, however, was only a slim envelope with a printed packing slip (listing a "2016 WRA Multi-31X20," whatever that is) and a return label -- nothing else. I sent a message to AA to inquire as to what is the status of my vinyl order. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi,

This is indeed strange. Could you please send me your order number? I will make sure everything is in order.

Happy new year and thank you for the order!

Best

JC
Thanks a bunch! Here is my order number: 109400000031869. Please let me know if there is anything else you need, and happy new year!

Bye,
Mike
By reddye6
One more question. Should Sakamoto's "Plankton" come with a download card or not? The site says that it's a digital bundle, but the outer sleeve doesn't list a download card ("Jackie" and "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" do) and my "Plankton" LP didn't come with one.

Thanks, Mike
By MilanRecords
"Plankton" does not come with a download card. But if you order it from our store, you will receive a digital download of the album at check out. If you have not received it, let me know and we will send it to you.

thanks

JC
reddye6 wrote:One more question. Should Sakamoto's "Plankton" come with a download card or not? The site says that it's a digital bundle, but the outer sleeve doesn't list a download card ("Jackie" and "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" do) and my "Plankton" LP didn't come with one.

Thanks, Mike
By reddye6
MilanRecords wrote:"Plankton" does not come with a download card. But if you order it from our store, you will receive a digital download of the album at check out. If you have not received it, let me know and we will send it to you.

thanks

JC
reddye6 wrote:One more question. Should Sakamoto's "Plankton" come with a download card or not? The site says that it's a digital bundle, but the outer sleeve doesn't list a download card ("Jackie" and "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" do) and my "Plankton" LP didn't come with one.

Thanks, Mike
Hi -- I didn't get a code at checkout. My order number is 109400000031869 (michael.woodring at gmail). Thank you!
Mike
By reddye6
Anyone know when Sakamoto's "Async" will be available for pre-order on the Milan site?
By Mateo Sanboval
reddye6 wrote:Anyone know when Sakamoto's "Async" will be available for pre-order on the Milan site?
I do not. For folks that bought Plankton through Milan, how does it sound (the fidelity not the tunes)?
By reddye6
reddye6 wrote:Anyone know when Sakamoto's "Async" will be available for pre-order on the Milan site?
One of the reasons why I'm asking about the "Async" release is that on a Japanese commerce site I saw that the vinyl tracklisting included a song, "Water State 2," that the CD didn't have. I'm wondering if this extra song also appears on the US version of the vinyl or if this is a Japan-only track.

I haven't heard "Plankton" in a while, but from what I remember, it sounded fine in terms of fidelity.
By reddye6
MilanRecords wrote:Hi Reddye6

Our vinyl async release will also include the bonus track "Water State 2".

Best

JC
Excellent! Thank you!
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:Is there any more info about this? https://milanrecords.com/johann-johanns ... -sakamoto/
From a comment on the Youtube video in the above link:
All will be released on 1 December via Milan Records as 'Async Remodels'
No mention of format, but that's certainly something to go on.
By reddye6
I noticed that Milan is going to release Disasterpeace's soundtrack to "Under the Silver Lake." Anyone happen to have info as to when it'll be available for pre-order on the Milan site?