Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
Oh fuck fuck fuck.....I love that Shaw design, it's one of my favourites of his! Well done for going with such killer art Milan!

Now...I wonder if this is expanded? ;)
By Spun out of control
Yes, similarly stark/impressionistic cover art to It Follows (and the new Bronson)... presumably deliberate to knit this NWR 'approved' series together:

Admittedly the really rather beautiful cover for Old Boy - the first in the NWR series - now doesn't sit quite so well alongside these (but is still a personal favourite)

By hncreature
Hello Milan Records - I recently bought the Under The Skin Lp when I was out of town on a trip and sadly when I got it home and opened it I found it to be scratched...visible and audible - The problem is I won't be able to get back to the record store where I purchased it to exchange or return - I would love to have a clean copy of this and was wondering if there was any way you could help me out with that? Thank you! -- Nick
By MilanRecords
Hi Nick,

Of course.
email me at jc.chamboredon@milanrecords.com . We will take care of you.
We only need your receipt and a photo of the damage. We will issue a replacement.

I am sorry about the inconvenience

Best

JC
By hncreature
Hey JC...that is great! I will get them both to you ASAP! Thanks again! -- Nick
By Thequass
Anyone know the status on Battle Royale? I thought it was supposed to drop this year and while I've been too damn busy to keep up on everything for the past few months, it seems like Milan has been pretty quiet lately.
By MilanRecords
Thequass wrote:Anyone know the status on Battle Royale? I thought it was supposed to drop this year and while I've been too damn busy to keep up on everything for the past few months, it seems like Milan has been pretty quiet lately.
Hi,

There are some delays with Battle Royale. It will be released in 2016. But first, we will release "The Terminator" and "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" (both part of the Nicolas Winding Refn Presents series) alongside the soundtrack to Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's "The Revenant".
Details coming soon
By MilanRecords
Spun out of control wrote:Well remembered re: Battle Royale - we were discussing it directly with the label at one time on this board - but that was over a year ago, so don't know what happened... plenty of possibilities for a really stirring release there...
It is still in the work. We are looking for the right illustrator. WE had one in mind but it is not working. It will drop for sure in 2016.
Before we will release "The Terminator", "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" and The Revenant
By MilanRecords
NMA wrote:Will the upcoming "Attack on Titan" 2xLP be Fatbeats exclusive or will it be available everywhere on Feb 19?
It is just a Hot Topic exclusive for now.
By NMA
MilanRecords wrote:
NMA wrote:Will the upcoming "Attack on Titan" 2xLP be Fatbeats exclusive or will it be available everywhere on Feb 19?
It is just a Hot Topic exclusive for now.
Thanks! ;)
By texasvinyl
Big and intense. The score is better than the movie (a lot better, that movie sucked balls). If you're so inclined and not the type to step into a Hot Topic store then Fatbeats probably has some copies. I'll probably give this a couple more spins and decide whether to hang on to it.

By Mateo Sanboval
Speaking of Cliff Martinez, as we were, what're the chances of Milan releasing The Knick season 2 score on LP? Martinez is straight fire and that score is in HEAVY rotation at mine.

PS - I feel your pain, Cult; Cold in July would be a killer addition to my vinyl library. I listened to it quite often on Spotify last year.
By Spun out of control
Looks like we have a Oct release date for this one, latest in the NWR curated release schedule:

http://pitchfork.com/news/67344-david-b ... -reissued/

An original isn't at all hard to get going by Discogs, though I do like the cover art and takes on more gravitas with Bowie's recent passing... be grand if these releases came with extensive liner notes by NWR himself, explaining his selections
Attachments
MCML_CD_Cover_RGB300_900px.jpg
MCML_CD_Cover_RGB300_900px.jpg (488.98 KiB) Viewed 15954 times
By Hatter313
I have an original of this, but I love this score and really dig the art, one off my favorite films.
By deafmetal
I am glad that Milan is pressing the original symphonic suite and not the OST with dialogue, etc. The symphonic OG is very high up in my want list. All the various bootlegs that surfaced a while back were very disappointing to see, and I decided to just ignore all of them. Glad to see this getting an official reissue.