Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By dahousen
Nicolas Winding Refn presents???
By MilanRecords
@dahousen - we are partnering with Nicolas Winding Refn to bring on vinyl some classic titles from the Milan's vaults .that Nicolas is a fan of.
He helps us supervising the artwork. Park Chan wook and Nicolas Winding Refn are also fans of each other's work and wished to collaborate on this.

We will be releasing an album with Nicolas about every 4 months

JC
By MilanRecords
Thank you.
There will be 1500 units.
By MilanRecords
thanks. Laurent Durieux did a great job with that one.
By chandler75
I know that Nicolas Winding Refn is a huge fan of movie art/posters, so this is good news!
By fluppeco
Oh yes, MILAN is knocking it out of the park. So much great stuff coming, I am excited
By Thequass
If this is already posted someplace I apologize, but I read this on their twitter earlier today.

"We are seeing a #BattleRoyale vinyl release in our crystal ball for 2015..."

Pretty freaking sweet!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Holy crap on a cracker!!!

(runs off to scour net for milan's back catalogue....)

:)
By Whip Wilson
Seconded hard on Cold In July.
By Gehirn
Cool will definitely pick up Battle Royale and Oldboy.
By Spun out of control
Battle Royale, wow, that is a must. Now that is a title that Mondo could have done a great job with... as it's Milan though, at least we stand a better chance of actually being able to pick one up (touch wood). Add in Cold in July, Oldboy and The Knick and some great titles coming from this label.
By MilanRecords
Hi,

You will definitely be able to pick one up. We will manufacture enough product. We understand it is a special release - we will be doing a double LP for this.

JC
By Spun out of control
@Milan

Sounds excellent. Can't wait for BR.

If you haven't locked in an LP colour - how about white vinyl with a red centre label - aping the Japanese flag?

Also, will Invada have this title too? Thanks.
By MilanRecords
oh...I like this suggestion for the vinyl color. Good call sir.

JC
By Tron4Life
I just listened Arbitrage through once more. Such an underrated release. Excellent.
By MilanRecords
@Tron4Life it was our first album with Cliff Martinez. It is a very good album. The film is not bad either.

By Spun out of control
Be great to see these iconic BR poster designs by Airside used on the release.... would look really cool as a cover with a red 'BR' roundel sticker in the corner, in my humble opinion... (will shut up on this topic now) :)

By Whip Wilson
Yeah, Spun. Be ashamed. How dare you emote and scuttlebutt at the prospect of having a favorite score finally pressed to vinyl. The gall!
By Spun out of control
@Mateo

Hah, hah... I know ;)

But if there's one place for enthusiasm I guess it's this forum. Also, nice to have some positive interaction from a label - doesn't always happen elsewhere, but welcome when it does
By fluppeco
I actually like that BR artwork. Can't really recall the soundtrack.
By MilanRecords
@mateo I do not mind the suggestion. We are still debating if we will commission alternative art or just go ahead with the classic imagery from the film. There are so many striking images, logos that I ma not sure if we need to re-create art. We are playing with ideas now
But i love your idea of the white vinyl with the red label,
By Gehirn
I'd be real happy if the front was just the BR logo, and the back included the class photo and the girl smiling with the doll shots.
Also like the idea of the white record with red label.
By MilanRecords
@Gehirn, this is where my mind is going towards as well.

JC