Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MilanRecords
cool. Invada just got 20 copies. You can order it on Invada.
By MilanRecords
A 180 gram vinyl release of the soundtrack to TAKE SHELTER with original music by David Wingo and alternative art by Jay Shaw is currently in the work for a Fall release. Music and images to be shared soon!
By reddye6
Any chance of a vinyl release of Jason Staczek's soundtrack to "Keyhole"?
By DISCOSUCKS...
JC - that's great news, loved the film.

And thank you hugely for the replacement copy of The Congress which arrived last week, sound quality on that copy is a huge improvement on my previous copy. Really appreciate that, your'e a mensch!

Scott
By invadauk
@Re-animatedCat

couldn't agree more with this statement

"I’m just getting quite fed up with the poor standards at some plants, that’s all. As Cloudships has pointed out, almost all plants are over-run with orders at the moment and obviously, in some places quality control is suffering as a result."

For the last 2 weeks - i have been researching every single pressing plant around Europe, not only time frame of pressing, but current clients , price, general quality , and most importantly what they can actually do for a record label. And i'm sorry to be negative - but unless someone invests heavily and opens up a decent state-of-art brand new PP with enough equipment and (trained/experienced) engineers to run it properly, i can only see the level of quality getting worse.

Current pressing plants are beyond saturation point, mistakes are getting made left right and centre. Yet the huge influx of money being generated from 'the vinyl boom' doesn't seem to be re-invested from what i can make out. Owners don't want to take the risk to increase operations - in case it drops off again.
Around 2002-2003 a lot of plants shut down around the UK and Europe - Dance/eletronic music 12"s which had kept the industry going for 15 years - died a death with the advent of CDJ turnatables and the rise in download site's like Beatport etc. With that the plants had to re-build and re-assess their business model - what we're seeing now is the same remaining factories struggling to cope with this huge influx of work and new labels.

God knows what RSD2015 is gonna do to an already chaotic and messed up situation.
By Spun out of control
That Martinez score for The Knick does sound very good to me... particularly as I already have his scores for Drive, Only God Forgives and the Solaris re-make... makes me want to watch the show, which is surely 'job done'
By chandler75
Yes, great show, and the vinyl is on the way according to Milan's Facebook page: it is in the work. It will be a double vinyl. Release is planned for Christmas.
By thenuthouse
Regarding vinyl being packed up and shipped from factories: I've seen skids of LPs that've been hit by forklifts, pallets that haven't been wrapped properly with boxes falling off ... it's a little ridiculous.
By fluppeco
great news! I have a feeling this will be in the best soundtracks of 2014 lists. now they should do 'cold in july' and Milan will have the 2 best vinyl releases of this year, for me at least.
By MilanRecords
Hi Fluppeco,

Yes, a vinyl edition is in the work. Our goal is to release it for Christmas. It will be a double LP featuring a few surprises.

Best

JC
By tonyandrewgiles
I'm really looking forward to The Knick too. Having just seen the first couple of episodes I'm quite excited about this one.
By MilanRecords
We are still playing with the idea of doing "Cold In July"...lots of pros and cons...it is not a dead project.
By MilanRecords
The LP will have more music than the CD and digital release. It is going to be a good one.
By tonyandrewgiles
@JC - That's awesome news :)
By chandler75
That sounds great!

From what I've heard on the serie, the "The Knick" score almost ranks up there with "Only God Forgives". For me, it's one of the most anticipated scores of the year.
By fluppeco
keep us updated JC! I'm picking up Chef also, some fun music on there.
By MilanRecords
Hi Scott,

I am glad it made it safely. You never know with US postage how it will take to cross the Ocean.

Thank you for your patience with us. I am glad we could resolve this.

JC
By MilanRecords
wow Reddye6, you are the first to mention this release of ours. It is a great album but unfortunately both the film and album got no notice. As much as we love this project, we can't justify all the costs associated with a vinyl for Keyhole.
By MilanRecords
thank you! You guys are making me consider Cold In July more and more.
By NathanLurker
Just listened to the samples for both Cold in July and The Knick. Thank you for working on the release of the Knick / please get to work on Cold in July. I'll be a buyer for both.

By NathanLurker
Oh nice ! that's good news ! Looking good too :