Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chuck
Really looking forward to this.

From Rook Films blog -

"Hi folks- welcome to our all new and exciting State51/Greedbag store. First up out of the gates will be the A Field In England soundtrack LP - a thing of great beauty - 2 × 180gm heavy white vinyl gatefold LP with artwork by The Twins of Evil. The set also includes and exclusive poster with brand new artwork. Strictly limited to 400 copies."
By vinylyniv
Seems that's a popular mechanism ;)
By siforster
That's exactly what I came here for!

By wocket
Definitely want this to go nicely with my Sightseers Sessions record.
By DanFlanger

Ltd to 400. Shame. Great soundtrack.
By John_Flichty
And it's mine (I loved the soundtrack as soon as I saw the main menu of the blu-ray).
If I have thought receiving my emails on my phone would have been useful someday...
By zuko
Bagged within 5 minutes of getting the email. I have been watching my phone like a hawk since seeing the film. Hurry up August!
By palmat
Had to get it! Just like Zuko said: Hurry up August!!!
By unpopular_poet
I grabbed this without having even heard a moment of it -- purely based on the sightseers ost, which is awesome.
By siforster
Today has been an expensive day :)
By siforster
Down to the last few, for the benefit of anyone still deciding...

Track listing:

SIDE 1 -
1 - Intro
2 - Walk To My Still Beating Mind
3 - Metallic Fields 1 (Part)
4 - Baloo My Boy (Vocal : Richard Glover)
5 - Two Question
6 - Metallic Fields 1 (Part reprise)
7 - Pleasant Without Scurrility
8 - Walking Here Two Shadows Went
9 - Metallic Fields 1 (Part)

SIDE 2 -
1 - Chernobyl
2 - Ring - A - Ring - A Roses
3 - A Happy Band
4 - Cheek to Bentside
5 - Flux of Time
6 - Walking Here Two Shadows Went (Reprise)
7 - The Damp of Hell

SIDE 3 -
1 - Metallic Fields 1 (Full Version)

SIDE 4 -
1 - Walk To My Still Beating Heart
2 - Baloo My Boy (Vocal: Jim WIlliams)
3 - Metallic Fields 1 (Part)
By Oiche
Cant believe I missed this!! Dont suppose anyone bought 2 and wants to sell one?
By ghostfires
I would love to trade something for a copy of this! Or buy an extra copy if someone has one!
By ifots
..ok i re-watched the film last night and i wish to re-edit my original post to I FUCKING HATE IT.

..like a shit blackadder directed by a very very off form david lynch .

not sure if its even made very well, bad overacting , cheap stock sound effects, silly non story...just thinking whats the point of making this,and why am i wathing this!

i found it a real chew on just to finish watching it to the end if im honest.
i love avant garde cinema and get a great deal from "difficult" art, but this just not floating my boat!

i did like the trip scene ...i could of just watched that for 60min...

i ordered the lp even though im not sure the score was the right match for this film.
By ghostfires
@ifots - well if you end up not liking the soundtrack, I'll certainly take it off your hands! I absolutely want a copy of this soundtrack.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Quick impressions...

Film = I mostly enjoyed it, but didn't add up to a satisfactory experience for me. (Gun battle as the climax was rubbish!) Felt somewhat rushed. Had some good freaky moments! Mr Wheatley needs to do one where he takes his time a bit more.
Script = very good, dialogue was a lot of fun!
Soundtrack = Excellent! Managed to get a copy - think it will stand alone from film very well.

But.....

Main stumbling block for me was the digital black and white look of the film. Didn't like the aesthetic at all, and that kept pulling me out of the experience. And I don't think I'm alone in that. I'm not a fan of cheap looking digi black and white. B+W photography is artform in itself, in cinema traditionally having a completely different approach re:lighting set and costume etc, and with no offence to Mr Wheatley and his DP, this didn't feel very considered. We're all getting used to seeing monochrome-graded digital stuff, inc a lot of arty online shorts etc. What I really wish is that it had been shot on 16mm and looked liked Eraserhead!!! :) Liked the cheapo macro lens stuff though!

Really good moments, but I felt let down by it's promise - another "interim" film by the very talented Mr W and his equally talented conspirators (as that's also how I felt after Sightseers...).

Final thought: Kill List didn't work nearly as well for me on small screen - it was the visceral experience with an audience that made it for me. Now I wonder whether the sync'd theatrical/small screen release of AFIE may have deprived me of a better first shot at the film - in retrospect, I should have dodged the F4 screening and waited to seek it theatrically (it didn't play in Bham that night, and I was admittedly quite excited by the TV-event aspect of it :)

By siforster
I've watched it a few times, and I'm still enjoying it :)
The only thing that slightly jars for me - other than some unnecessarily signposting dialogue at one or two points - is right at the very end (and this is incredibly picky!) of the credits,where the red Film4 logo sort of jolts me out of the b&w mood. Then again, the "b&w mood" was somewhat altered last night when I watched it with the benefit of headphones and the bass notes of the acoustic main theme made everything go purple/green (synaesthesia: it's an absolute winner), so I'm looking forward to the soundtrack turning up even more now :)

Still can't get the "Police Squad!" theme out of my head during the woodcuts either.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqdBEAXsGdU[/video]
By siforster
Rook Films have tweeted this morning to announce that the records are now in stock, and will be sent out shortly.
By ghostfires
Was that the only place to buy all 400 copies? Or will any distributors carry?
By zuko
Awesome
By maxvelvet
I think they were only available through their website, anyway they stated as following:

"We'll be holding a couple of events where the LP will be available - check our twitter feed ( @rookfilms ) for details."