Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By flapdoodle
I recently watched a dreadful film called 'Orloff Against the Invisible Man' which is a French production from Eurocine. The music was brilliant - by someone called Camille Sauvage who appears to have been a French composer who had a long career...

Would love to hear this one on vinyl!
By StrangeVices
@Dollarhyde This and Kickboxer have amazing scores! I love them!
By StrangeVices
@sirpsychoswayze I used to listen to the main theme on loop. The melody haunts my brain.
By StrangeVices
I'd kill for a Death Walks on High Heels.

I also think A Blade in the Dark is a serious gem.
By DISCOSUCKS...
@sirpsychoswayze / @Tiger Lab -- I know it's not a vinyl release (yet!), but Trunk once offered a download of the soundtrack by Maurice Jarre, six tracks. I actually can't find it right now on the Trunk site, but it's available via Bleep below if you're interested:

LES YEUX SANS VISAGE
By studiord
I want to add the following OST to my wishlist:

1) The Abyss
2) the Prestige
3) The Shining
4) Lost in Translation
5) Yojimbo (Masaru Sato/Kurosawa)
By EvanCampbell

This will never happen but I would love it
...probably just be two sides of annoying sounds.
By Keyser
Irreversible OST - Thomas Bangalter

Need this. NEED THIS.
By repulsion

still this on vinyl please, please, please! 10" foc much appreciated! ;)
By static14
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but damn would I love to see this on vinyl.

By EvanCampbell
Love that original vhs box!
By blue15
I've got 1 (Colosseum import, Varese had phased out vinyl in the US at this point in 1989), 3 (Warners) and 5 (MGM - stereo copy). Varese is getting back in vinyl, Shining is still under control by Warners, and who knows where the rights are on Yojimbo. Japan released this on CD a few years back as part of the Akira Kurosawa box set series. All good choices.
By deafmetal
I was working on compiling my list of favorite OST's since 2000 and once again I must request:

Hoping the rumors of a potential release on Mondo are true. That said, I wouldn't mind if it was Requiem for a Dream.
Last edited by deafmetal on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Garmonbozia
Someone should really release a vinyl run of the Father's Day soundtrack. Or The Editor. Or anything by Astron-6
By chuck
I did a quick scan and search for this so apologies if it has been mentioned already... But I watched Locke the other night with Tom Hardy in the driving seat... Quite litererally. Really fucking enjoyed it considering its 90mins of him driving down a motorway. The score is fucking awesome, reminded me instantly of Upstream Color, it's by Dickon Hinchcliffe who did the score for Red Riding, which I also loved. This has only been released digitally and needs a proper release. Go on Spence, make it happen!

I recommend you seek out both the film and score. It's a winner ;)
By repulsion
Don't know if someone mentioned this before...
watching CAMP EVIL right now. Oh wow, Steve Moore did the creepy and great score. Hope to hear it on vinyl.
https://youtu.be/217SHqomy94
By cheddabrown
The more my Shaw Brothers collection grows the more I wonder why some of the music from these Kung Fu classics haven't been put out. And if they have, someone should reissue them. Some of these movies have great music.
By Lord of the Ringo Star Wars
Hey guys I'm new here and not an avid collector. Who has released big trouble in little China on vinyl? And if there are multiples,which sound the best? I'm not necessarily looking for records that are made of sperm and blood just want the best sounding.
By Spun out of control
@Vi-res

Apart from STBC, the Discogs website is your best friend for researching old vinyl releases.

BTILC hasn't been on vinyl since the 80s, though a few of the USA-based guys on this forum were very recently picking up warehouse found copies online, so shouldn't be that hard to find if you want one - or you can just buy from this Discogs link:

DISCOGS
By Lord of the Ringo Star Wars
@Spun out of Control.
Thanks for the heads up.I have found one copy but the price is a little out of my range ( well,until I justify it and I'm very good at that).
Do you know who originally released it?