Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
I'd love to see crash get a release on vinyl!
By Occhionero
Usually I am not a Video Gamer. I guess I am to old, who knows?! But last year a colleague recommended "Limbo" and I was really fascinated by the game and its atmosphere. Very dark and isolated. There are not many songs (6!) in it, but they fit the mood of the game perfectly. The Artist is from Denmark: Martin Stig Andersen

I really hope someone will release them as an EP or Mini Album, or whatever on wax.

While you are waiting, you can download them via Bandcamp:

https://limbogame.bandcamp.com

...and really, play that game!
By DISCOSUCKS...
@Occhionero - LIMBO is stunning. And the music is beautiful. So I'm completely +1 on that idea but I doubt it would happen really.
By Vapourmeyer
Oh yes! I have a sealed CD copy of this, paid a fortune for it but it's honestly one of the most beautiful and inventive scores i've ever heard.
By Vapourmeyer
I want this:

I know it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me but It's actually quite an important record really. The music score for the film was composed by Alan Silvestri and it's distinct from his other scores in being entirely electronically generated, using the Synclavier, one of the first digital synthesisers and samplers. I've wanted this for so long on vinyl I even imagine what it would look like (completely black with the silver ship embossed in the middle). I'll get my coat.
By Occhionero
I contacted the composer and asked him. Let you know when he is responding.
By Dollarhyde
apologies if already mentioned but just finished watching it and was surprised by the electronic score.

someone should do an expanded vinyl release of paul hertzog's score for Bloodsport. I would cop it.

skip the first vocal pop tune to get into the score.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7QWBbtjqyg[/video]
By PaulZaza
when will later carpenter scores finally arrive on Vinyl?
they didn't get much love i think...
now with all the re-re-re-re-reissues of his godlike stuff from the 70s and 80s we could get on in the carpenter catalogue

VAMPIRES
VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED
MOUTH OF MADNESS

COME ON!!!:-)
By Ptflea2
@dollarhyde, I mentioned the Blood Sport score back a few pages ago..... Very cool mix of 80's synth and I too would be up for a release.
By Dollarhyde
Totally, one of those scores that plays a big role in the film, especially with all those montages.
Plus it's bloodsport, the film is so ridiculous but then at the end you realise its all based on a true story and are like, what !?!
By Ptflea2
As much as I love Blood Sport and anytime "Van Damage" slow-mo kicks someone in the face, I wouldn't put too muck stock in to the actual authenticity of the film. The autobiography Frank Dux wrote, which the story the movie is based on, has been disputed by many people claiming Dux made the whole thing up.
By Dollarhyde
:( a little part of me just died ...

By Occhionero
Started to watch "The Leftovers" with the beautiful score by Max Richter. I'd love to see a vinyl release!
By chiefbrody
Did Shutter Island get a vinyl release? I couldn't find one listed.

I seem to recall that there wasn't any new music on it, but mainly classical pieces or from other scores, selected by The Band's (and long time Scorcese collaborator) Robbie Robertson. Really enjoyed the film, and score from what I remember.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I would kill for Shutter Island, incredible soundtrack! (I actually loved the film too...)

Sadly, I suspect we'll not see that one in a hurry. Scorsese OSTs aren't particularly well-served with vinyl releases.
By chiefbrody
Cheers @disco. I'll just need to dig out my cd - it's been a while since I've listened to it. It seemed to me like the kind of OST that MOV might issue/reissue. We can always hope...

Slightly OT but I was disappointed on first viewing but every time I've seen it since I've loved it more. If anything, you can't really judge it properly 'til you've watched it twice.
By sirpsychoswayze
Has there ever been a proper release of Maurice Jarre's score for "Eyes Without a Face"? Not sure how large the demand would be, but it's a super strange, jangling score that I would love to get my filthy hands on.
By EvanCampbell

Variants:
Potter's Bluff Blue
Mortuary Marble

Just some wishful play.
I really hope somebody is working on getting this out.
By Garmonbozia
I would buy the shit out of the score to Death Walks in High Heels
By studiord
Has anyone wished for this already?

Lord of the Rings Trilogy vinyl boxset with replica of the ring and music score in middle earth font!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Ahh sheeyit!

So you're pressing these yourself then Evan? What a humanitarian, put me down for one of each thanks!! ;)