Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
I agree. Both scores are great. And I really enjoyed the film A Most Violent Year - he's fast becoming one of the most interesting US
filmmakers for me.
By phantomnoir
I so agree with this @discosucks. Margin Call was truly amazing.
By DISCOSUCKS...
@phantomir - I'd really love to host a roundtable with three filmmakers who I see as bringing back a certain style/reserved approach....JC Chandor, Bennett Miller and Nicolas Jarecki. Have you seen Arbitrage by the latter? I loved that.
By phantomnoir
Nope. I'm not familiar with the work of Bennett Miller and Nicolas Jarecki. I'll definitely check Arbitrage. Thank you for the recommendation. I can't wait for Foxcatcher though.

Btw, to stay on topic, I hope the Foxcatcher soundtrack will have a vinyl release too!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekgEfr7QBlA[/video]
By DISCOSUCKS...
Well, when you get round to Arbitrage, I'm sure the OST by a certain Mr Martinez won't pass by you unnoticed ;)
By dweebofthedead
Kurt Stenzel's music for Jodorowsky's Dune.
By deafmetal
Aeon Flux OST by Drew Neumann. Best of luck with the bastards at MTV.

He had to release his own bootleg of sorts, but at least Peter Chung supplied "not-Aeon-Flux-don't-sue-us" artwork.

Last edited by deafmetal on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By abedunk
Just got around to watching the creepy '06 Italian film The Last House in the Woods (Il Bosco Fuori) and I'm really impressed with the soundtrack. There's a good deal of pulsing electro-keys, and this gentle piano theme opening the trailer. Cool movie, I thought.

Anyone know if this is soundtrack has been released? A cursory search turned up zip.
By hellorockview89
I saw this when it came to VOD, but have been looking everywhere for the song that starts up at 1:40 in the trailer. It gave me chills the first time I saw the trailer and how it all meshed together. Definitely not better than the original, but I think they did right with this movie for the most part. Figured if anyone could help me it would be on this forum. :)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4o_bFGFSKc[/video]
By jgibbs4053
Has anyone read anything of Puppet Master being released? I think it would be a cool release if any labels are reading this
By phantomnoir
Please someone reissue this rarity:

By DISCOSUCKS...
@phantomnoir - Being curious, I just checked out this film / score - fantastic! Love a bit of Aztec-sploitation ;)

Have you actually seen the film? The whole thing in all it's glorious technicolor is on YT in high quality!

By phantomnoir
I only know the soundtrack. The vinyl is very rare! It's not listed on discogs, but it does exists.

I need to see this film though.
By DISCOSUCKS...
It looks pretty cool... It had me with the blinding colours of the opening logos! ;)
By nrs24985
Speaking of Aztecs I would love to be able to get the soundtrack to the original Mysetrious Cities of Gold cartoon series from the early 80s, it appears some CD versions exist, but a proper LP release would be killer.
By deafmetal
I was going to post this anyway, but now all the more reason with the emergence of the Tiger Lab OST label on this board!

By phantomnoir
[quote=50235]Speaking of Aztecs I would love to be able to get the soundtrack to the original Mysetrious Cities of Gold cartoon series from the early 80s, it appears some CD versions exist, but a proper LP release would be killer.[/quote]

Are you talking about this one?

I own the vinyl. I see it's selling for 70 euros on discogs!! This is silly...
By nrs24985
That's the one! There were two releases, the international broadcast soundtrack and the Japanese broadcast one, I thought only the Japanese one had been released on LP. I'm pleased to know it is out there, not so much that it costs that. Even more reason to push for a reissue, perhaps the new anime label, tiger lab (?) given the anime affiliations this show has?!
By nrs24985
The CD has sold on eBay recently for as much as $180! Crazy!
By phantomnoir
@nrs24985, I'm glad my parents kept a perfect copy of it seeing how much it's going for.
By nrs24985
Yeah you're lucky man, great soundtrack, and worth a pretty penny in any format it seems!
By Aremagod
I know it came out on CD in 2006 but I would love to see someone give some proper vinyl love to John Massari's score to Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
Think of the packaging and crazy color variants that could happen.