Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
elifunk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 pm
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:37 pm
I personally would love somebody to release the Golden Boy BGM, I think it could make a great release :D
oh man golden boy is a masterpiece!

Golden Boy is one of my favorite comedy anime along with The Ping Pong Club.
By Revolver_OcelScott
skeletonbutt wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:56 am is 2lp going to be able to contain it all? i've been listening to it digitally and it seems like there is a lot of music.
edit: it's 5 cds so there must be a lot of extraneous tracks that can be left out, live songs and such.
There are lots of Bebop Album's from the series. The 5CD set consists of pretty much all the tracks from the TV series. There's also the movie OST. Unreleased tracks, alternative takes etc.

The 2LP will either be a random assortment, or the first main series album (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000058A76/re ... fFbVT6NNF8)

I hope they do the main 3 albums and the film album, but I'll take anything.
By inksb
skeletonbutt wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:48 am thank you for the detailed post. i'll probably get whatever comes out too.
Yeah I'll definitely buy what every they release. It's going to sell so fast, I hope they don't make it limited.
By Dollarhyde
So Urotsukidoji 2 is available for pre-order from Tiger lab vinyl.

Never knew the OST but it's some killer dark pulsing synth goodness ;)
Can't wait for my copy to arrive!
By Dollarhyde
I could be wrong @nathan I just thought I saw somewhere through the buying process it wasn't shipping straight away. I see your point there is no obvious mention of it being a pre order and Golgo is already hitting subbers letter boxes, so maybe I'm wrong on that one.
By inksb
I'm pretty sure Tiger Lab said that Golgo 13 is ready to go, I would assume that Urotsukidoji 2 is the same as it doesn't say pre-order on their site and every other release I've bought from them they only put up for sale when it's available. It appears that they sold extremely well and TLV uses a third party to do packing and shipping so it may take a little bit before it hits everyones door steps though.
By inksb
elifunk wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:30 pm @dollar how much the shipment? do they send from north america?
It's probably $25 if you order one record. Not sure what it is if you order two or more. They ship via USPS.
By inksb
elifunk wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:50 pm thanks @inksb for info. i think it's too much
It's definitely not cheap, at least you don't have to pay $33 from Italy like I do :)
I've been getting hit pretty hard from the Netherlands lately too at $27 for shipping. Meanwhile it's $12-$20 from Germany and England.
By Dollarhyde
@elifunk Yes, shipping is a lot, for Urotsukidoji 2 with shipping to UK was $60 but I haven't been buying much recently. I almost thought about waiting to see if a European seller will get stock, I think Black screen records may be an official euro seller for them. Not sue how it works.

Did any of you pick up Princess Mononoke?
By Dollarhyde
i grabbed all three mononoke releases ;P

I was really impressed with the quality of the other recent Ghibli reissues sound quality, sleeve production etc... Really some of the best I've seen or heard in regard to quality and that is in relation to all vinyl releases.

Really curious to see what they have done for the inside of the OST gatefold
By elifunk
i'm not used to buying ghibli records so i'm not able to compare with the previous ones, but Porco Rosso was really nice about quality and i'm tempted to buy more indeed.
i would like to find a copy of Grave of the Fireflies since it is my all time favorite animated film, but it's hard!
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:56 am @elifunk Yes, shipping is a lot, for Urotsukidoji 2 with shipping to UK was $60 but I haven't been buying much recently. I almost thought about waiting to see if a European seller will get stock, I think Black screen records may be an official euro seller for them. Not sue how it works.

Did any of you pick up Princess Mononoke?
If it makes you feel any better that release cost me $45 so you're only paying $15 more than people in the US.

I need to order the Mononke OST I keep putting it off but I just sold $150 worth of records on discogs over the last few days so I'll be placing that order soon.
By inksb
Wow, $20 additional for customs? I wouldn't order it either. Sometimes Tony Giles get's copies and sells him on his bigcartel site for EU folks. He's part of TLV these days.
By Dollarhyde
elifunk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:37 am i would like to find a copy of Grave of the Fireflies since it is my all time favorite animated film, but it's hard!
Definitely one of my favourites @elifunk, but Im a bit cautious to watch it a second time.

I have the image album for grave of the fireflies, and it is arguably my most prized anime LP.
I can't tell you how similar the image music is to what was in the film as I haven't brought myself to watch it again :) but it is beautiful, unique, rare, and not cheap LP.

The 'OST' release for grave of the fireflies apparently has a lot of drama and dialogue in it, more a drama/ost lp. I don't own it, but I guess the CD version would be the same for reference.

animage was a great label even outside of Ghibli OSTs, I have a quite a few.

Lastly I wonder if grave of the fireflies will not be reissued as it was missing from a lot of Ghibli's revival project, and is takahata not miyazaki, :(
By elifunk
thanks for info @dollar, i didn't know the OST release was full of drama. what a pity!
not sure if i've listened the image version, but it seems so cool.

there are few anime that make me cry but this is on the top of the list.
i'am particularly sensitive about world war II and japanese history, that movie is truly an incredible experience.
By Dollarhyde
elifunk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:06 pm
there are few anime that make me cry but this is on the top of the list.
Agreed. :(

You can here one of the main tracks from the image album here, this track is key to my adoration of the LP, it seems to incapsulate the story perfectly, through a series of unusual but emotional musical ideas. By Masahiko Sato
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-so ... hotaru.mp3