Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@elifunk Did you grab this from discogs recently, If so you beat me to it ;D

I love the artstyle to all these Time-Bokan related shows. I have a few but they are all, bar one or two songs, vocal comedy tracks or drama, but I love the funky glam disco music underneath. Even if the music is 'so so' the artwork is great! so damn psychedelic. I've heard stories that Halluconogenic Mushrooms were a big thing in Japan throughout the 70's, and for shows like this it would explain a lot. Also I'm sure Shigeru Miyamoto of Super Mario fame took inspiration from this series.
By elifunk
va - Kindaichi Kōsuke, the world of mystery films (悪魔の調べ - ミステリー映画の世界) OST
(Toho AX-5015)

in my top 10 ever.
kindaichi's world is absolutely the kind of music I love most.
i collected all 12 records about this serie and this one got the most beautiful cover art.
sooner or later I'll watch the movies

By inksb
elifunk wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:00 pm va - Kindaichi Kōsuke, the world of mystery films (悪魔の調べ - ミステリー映画の世界) OST
(Toho AX-5015)

in my top 10 ever.
kindaichi's world is absolutely the kind of music I love most.
i collected all 12 records about this serie and this one got the most beautiful cover art.
sooner or later I'll watch the movies
This one looks awesome. I'll be adding it to the discogs list.
By Dollarhyde
12 Kindaichi LPs?! I have several and there are at least a couple I really want to add.

Zero Zahyo, Big City OST
MR-7013
Back

Some solid cop show funky grooves on this one. Also the 45 accompanying this LP has a killer b side, which I think is not included on the LP.
By Dollarhyde
Aah, I am not clued up on Itadakiman.

All I really know is Time Bokan OG, Zenderman and Yatterman. ;D
My Time Bokan stuff. I got most of these in a lot with some other LPs. This is really about the artwork, these records are predominantly Drama and goofy vocal tracks.
By ScoJo
Oh my lord... this artwork is killing me. I really don't give a heck what they sound like! Amazing... (why is Wacky Races featured in the centre spread of the last one?)
By elifunk
@Dollarhyde wow, awesome collection and with obi! it's really a shame they are all drama\vocal.
unfortunately too many records are like this, several anime don't have BGM on vinyl.
I always try to avoid them but sometime i fall back on these beautiful covers.
By elifunk
katsuo Ohno - Taiyo ni Hoero! Original Soundtrack Collection Vol 1
(polydor 50MX-3097/3098/3099)

katsuo Ohno - Taiyo ni Hoero! Original Soundtrack Collection Vol 2
(Polydor 50MX-3111/3112/3113)

katsuo Ohno - Taiyo ni Hoero! Original Soundtrack Collection Vol 3
(Polydor 35MX-3118/3119)

classic japanese jazz-funk

By Dollarhyde
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:28 am Oh my lord... this artwork is killing me. I really don't give a heck what they sound like! Amazing... (why is Wacky Races featured in the centre spread of the last one?)
Lots of wacky contraptions in these crazy series. Here are a few clips. You can see why one would be hankering for an isolated background score to these also (BGM)

@elifunk so true about the lack of BGM for some series, but I guess we still got an insanely large amount of BGM releases from Japan overall ;)
By Dollarhyde
Joe Hisaishi, Laputa Image Album
25AGL-3024
The weakest of the Laputa LP's imo the OST and Symphonic Suite are much better listens. But still this one has its moments. Awesome gatefold as is the OST.
Back
Gatefold with cel overlay page
By Dollarhyde
Yu Imai feat. hozan Yamamoto, The Devil Comes Playing The Flute
YX-5006-AX
Vamp flute certified ;) maybe my favourite of the Kindaichi OSTs that I've heard.
Back
Insert
Close up shows Kindaichi Diggin for Vinyl :D
trailer

By Hatter313
Which volume of his has Kwaidan stuff? Been trying to track that down!