Inoue Takayuki Band - Distant Thunder OST
Columbia AF-7080

Inoue Takayuki Band - Africa No Hikari OST
WARNER PIONEER L-8066W

Inoue Takayuki Band - Akuma no yona aitsu OST
Polydor MR-7008

Inoue Takayuki Band - Zenryaku Ofukuro-sama OST
Polydor MR-7010
Last edited by elifunk on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By elifunk
now Taiyo Ni Hoero! serie 1975-1985, i miss Taiyo Ni Hoero! 84...

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! Scarred Angel 75 OST
Polydor MR-7005

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! Sunrise 76 OST
Polydor MR-7016

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyō Ni Hoero! 77 OST
Polydor MR-7023

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! 78 OST
Polydor MR-7035

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! 79 OST
Polydor MR-7052

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyō Ni Hoero! 80 OST
Polydor 23MX-3002

Katsuo Ohno Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! 81 OST
Polydor 23MX-3050

Katsuo Ohno Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! 82 OST
Polydor 35MX-3083

Katsuo Ohno ‎ Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! 83 OST
Polydor 23MX-3091

Katsuo Ohno ‎ Band - Taiyō Ni Hoero! 85 New Best OST
Polydor 25MX-3120

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! (RECAP) OST
Toho AX-8033

Inoue Takayuki Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! Best OST
Polydor MR-7012

Katsuo Ohno ‎ Band - Taiyō Ni Hoero! Highlight OST
Polydor MR-9166/9167

Katsuo Ohno ‎ Band - Taiyo Ni Hoero! & To protect And To Serve OST
polydor 25MX-3117

Katsuo Ohno & Takuro Yoshida & Chito Kawachi - Oretachi No Kunshō / Taiyō Ni Hoero! ost
Toho AX-8024
By Dollarhyde
Nice stuff @elifunk. I think many of these Inoue Takayuki/Katsuo Ohno Osts deserve more attention. I have a few of those. Love Two in the Amsterdam Rain, and I have a copy of Africa No Hikari waiting for me ;).

By Bezulsqy
I might get more releases for Japanese movies like the ones pictured above next year.

My eye was drawn to this cover when I saw it at Yahoo auction. I knew nothing about it (still don't know a lot actually) but after listening to the youtube clip on the discogs page I wanted it: Shigeru Umebayashi ‎– 友よ、静かに瞑れ オリジナル・サウンドトラック

That title translate as: "Friend, quietly meditate Original Soundtrack" but refers to this crime movie from 1985: Let Him Rest in Peace or on imdb: Tomo yo shizukani nemure

Do any of you know more about this?

By inksb
I finally received the "reissue" of Ryuichi Sakamoto's Royal Space Force from Alternative Fox (never heard of this label). This is probably a bootleg, I can't really find much info on it anywhere. I gave it a listen over the weekend and it sounded good but I was not sitting down in front of my system really criticising it either, I was doing work around the house and it was just playing in the back ground. I don't have an OG so I can't compare it directly. As @dollarhyde and I speculated the four bonus tracks are from the Image album, they are tacked on as the last four tracks of side B. It came with a big 24"x 24" poster, printed front and back. I'm really happy to at least own a copy finally and it cost me a whopping $16 :)

edit: I looked up Alternative Fox on discogs and they are listed as a bootleg label. They have released 42 albums over the last year and half. That's crazy.

By Bezulsqy
I cannot find anything about this movie.
Composer Toshiyuki Kimori aka Keith or Kirth Morrison. All credits are for Japanese musicians but songs are in English.
Excellent music though. Will make a rip or youtube thing of it eventually.

Probably a made for TV movie I guess. But so strange that all titles are in English.

By Bezulsqy
elifunk wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:29 pm @Bezulsqy you can check some info if you reseach 世界の空軍 , the movie director is Kazuo Kawabe and the move was distributed by TOEI (1982).
The prequel is a docufilm from 1977
Thanks!
By elifunk
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:53 am I might get more releases for Japanese movies like the ones pictured above next year.

My eye was drawn to this cover when I saw it at Yahoo auction. I knew nothing about it (still don't know a lot actually) but after listening to the youtube clip on the discogs page I wanted it: Shigeru Umebayashi ‎– 友よ、静かに瞑れ オリジナル・サウンドトラック
about this one, you can check some audio clip here https://we.tl/t-GMWxV2ytIX
By Bezulsqy
elifunk wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:53 am I might get more releases for Japanese movies like the ones pictured above next year.

about this one, you can check some audio clip here https://we.tl/t-GMWxV2ytIX
Yes, I have that release. It is an excellent score. One song I don't like as much but the rest is fantastic with one song that is even better than fantastic :-)
By Dollarhyde
Some theme tune cover lps from the "Tam" label. What's the deal with the Tam label? Why all these European bandleader names attached to these covers?
These records have a few great tunes on them but seems to be a lot of cross over of certain tracks on multiple lps.

I think the Shaft and Bond LP is my fave of these four

By elifunk
yea @dollar,
i have about 60 of these records and a lot of them mix the same tracks in various combinations.
some records can be reassembled without having them physically if you have others.
there are really many of these, some cool version indeed.

i personally am not a fan of covers so i can never see them as important records, and the prices on internet are unfair.
in japan i found and saw many of them for very few yen, those are the real prices for this type of compilation in my opinion.
speculators take advantage of it because they are difficult to index and they can write funky & killer tunes everywhere ahah
By Dollarhyde
elifunk wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:27 am yea @dollar,
i have about 60 of these records and a lot of them mix the same tracks in various combinations.
some records can be reassembled without having them physically if you have others.
there are really many of these, some cool version indeed.

i personally am not a fan of covers so i can never see them as important records, and the prices on internet are unfair.
in japan i found and saw many of them for very few yen, those are the real prices for this type of compilation in my opinion.
speculators take advantage of it because they are difficult to index and they can write funky & killer tunes everywhere ahah
Agreed on the overpricing, about 60! Wow.
Do you think these are all produced by Japanese musicians and the European composer names are alias' ?
By elifunk
the arrangers of these orchestras were all japanese guys.
for example the michel clement orchestra ( born in japan) often was arranged by tsuneaki tone.
the ensemble petit orchestra often was arranged by tatsumi yano.
no idea about stanley maxfield, richard gold, universal tv sound but i suppose the formula is a same
Last edited by elifunk on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Dollarhyde
@elifunk interesting, maybe the alias was due to a contract issue or something.

Admitting myself into ISTU
Intensive
Synthesiser
Therapy
Unit
Drip feed me arpeggiated analogue synths all day :)
Yes, Ciani isn't Japanese, anime or OST related but sits alongside these Digital Trip albums quite nicely. An awesome record also. The Joe Hisaishi LP is part of the Roman trip series, very similar to the digital trip series ( Roman=Romance).
I have several more of these LPs and there are plenty more I don't have, very niche but I'm a fan. Great sleeve art also.

Last edited by Dollarhyde on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
Ciani is always welcome! I actually don't own Seven Waves on vinyl yet but it's on the list. I'm a enjoy the Digital Trip/Synthesizer Fantasy series, I don't have any physically but have a ton of vinyl rips from the series.
By Dollarhyde
@inks, did you once say you have velocity of love by Ciani? Need to add that to my collection.

A ton of Digital Trip Rips? I may have to PM you @inks ;)

Any particular favourites from the series?
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 pm @inks, did you once say you have velocity of love by Ciani? Need to add that to my collection.

A ton of Digital Trip Rips? I may have to PM you @inks ;)

Any particular favourites from the series?
I do have Velocity of Love, it's a great album. I need to pick up her Buchla Concerts 1975 from Finders Keepers, that's one of my favorites of hers.

For Digital Trip series these are the ones I have
DIGITAL TRIP - Buddah - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Crusher Joe - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Giant Gorg - Synthesizer Fantasy (1984) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - God Mars - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Heavy Metal L-Gaim - Synthesizer Fantasy (1985) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Luna Sea Nine Moon Shore Stories - Synthesizer Fantasy (1986) [CD]
DIGITAL TRIP - Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind - Synthesizer Fantasy (1984) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Queen Emeraldus - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - The Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Synthesizer Fantasy (1993) [CD]
DIGITAL TRIP - URASHIMAN - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Wingman - Synthesizer Fantasy (1985) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - Yamato Final - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [CD]
DIGITAL TRIP - ファラオの墓 [Pharaoh no Haka] - Synthesizer Fantasy (1982) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - 海のトリトン [Umi No Triton] - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
DIGITAL TRIP - 銀河漂流バイファム [GINGA HYOURYU VIFAM] - Synthesizer Fantasy (1983) [Vinyl]
By Dollarhyde
@inks

Nice, I see you have quite a few. I have a few more from your list, Queen emeraldus is a great one. I Have a few I think you are missing also, the Dirty Pair one is good.
Sending a PM.
By elifunk
if i remember correctly, there are 53 ditigal trip records.
i miss these:
CX-7116 Osamu Shoji - Ultra Q 1983
CX-7150 Osamu Shoji - yumemiru wakusei 1984
CX-7158 Nobuyoshi Koshibe, Takashi Kokubo - Keniya Boy 1984
CX-7270 Keiju Ishikawa, Toshio Aoki - Suite Ultraman ‎1986
CX-7507 Osamu Shoji - Kaze to Ki no Uta 1985
CX-7509 Osamu Shoji - Family! 1985

if you need the others let me know i have to check into my hard disks