Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Definitely grabbing that be bop

Princess Mononoke LPs finally arrived :D Beeauutiful sounding pressing, audiophiles I think you would be very happy!

Image album
Back
Insert
OST
Back
Gatefold
Insert
Symphonic suite
Back
Insert
By inksb
I'll be curious to know what one you prefer @dollar. I planned on just getting the OST due to cost but would love all three.
By Dollarhyde
I think If I we're to have just got one it would be the OST. They are all quite similar sounding really. Maybe if you really dig classical and big orchestral climaxes etc. You, may, prefer the symphonic suite. The image album I need to listen again but it is a little more of a smaller sound with maybe one or more vocal tracks extra and with a slightly more pop sound to it, maybe?
With all of theese Hisaishi triptychs I think the image album would always be the last one to get.

Outside of the music the artwork for the OST is probably my least favourite. And it's really hard to pick a favourite in terms of artwork between the image album and symphonic suite. Back to the music as they are all quite similar I think none seriously disappoint.

I've been trying to decide what I prefer between the mononoke and Laputa ost, they are both quite similar, thinking Laputa might just have it, at the mo.

But if you like the mononoke ost Laputa is well worth checking, and the reissue is insanely good.
By Dollarhyde
Now spinning the Laputa ost, and maybe I was wrong there are similarities with the main theme but Laputa is a much more synth heavy score, also lots of orchestra. It's also much more bitty, which is good as there is more variety for your ears but maybe some of the whimsical parts let other parts down and some may find the switching to synth parts and back jarring, but this can also make it more interesting. Mononoke certainly gets a bit samey listening to the whole 2 LP score (Laputa is one lp).
Will know have to listen to Mononoke again.
By elifunk
Masahiro Ikumi - Powered Armor Dorvack OST
Victor JBX-25031

P.M.P. Band - Plawrest Ler Gundan OST
Victor JBX-25028

Yuri Shimazaki ‎– Gメン'75 追想・面影 OST
Columbia PX-7020

Tohru Fuyuki ‎– Panzer World Galient vol 1 OST
Warner Bros. K-10029

Tohru Fuyuki ‎– Panzer World Galient vol 2 OST
Warner Bros. K-10030
By Dollarhyde
I've not heard any of those @elifunk.

Spins from the weekend
K25G-7104 Godmars BGM, Kei Wakakusa
Back
K28G-7318 Soundtrack Ostinato, Akira Ifukube (Ifukube rework of classic kaiju stuff)
Back
T25A-1053 Samey Missing 99 OST, Megumi Shiina
Back
B2 poster
LB28-5091 Riding Bean OST, David Garfield and Friends
Back
By elifunk
wow @dollar, always crazy records. i didn't now Nayuta but now i love it.

Yutaka Mizutani - Netchū jidai OST pt 1
(For Life Records FLL-5031)
never seen a copy with OBI. any help?

Yutaka Mizutani - Netchū jidai OST pt 2
(For Life Records 28K-16)

va - 大追跡 / 七人の刑事 最新テレビ主題曲集 OST
(Toho ‎AX-5027)
Last edited by elifunk on Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Dollarhyde
@elifunk, may copy of Netchu Jidai part 1 is also without obi. Never heard part two.

That VA LP has some serious heat on it, do you know if there are any tracks exclusive to this comp @elifunk?

Also, The Nayuta is a nice LP, I don't know if you listened to other tracks from it, as the rest of the LP contains many darker sounding themes, similar to Masamichi Amano's Urotsukidoji stuff
By elifunk
@dollar, i dug info track by track from my records, i love the puzzles.
this is the complete tracklist i made, where you see '????' i suppose they are exclusive tracks or unknown records.

A1) ???? different instrumental version ???? track A1 by Yuji ohno from (Discomate DSK-5005)
A2) ???? unknown instrumental ???? by Ryudo Uzaki from 'Tokyo Metropolitan Police Series' OST
A3) track B4 by New TV Sound Orchestra from (TOHO AX-8073)
A4) track A1 by Katsuhisa Hattori from (TOHO AX-5017)
A5) track B5 by New TV Sound Orchestra from (TOHO AX-8073)
A6) ???? different instrumental version ???? track A4 by George Yanagi from (BOURBON BMC-3007)
A7) track B1 by Katsuhisa Hattori from (TOHO AX-5024)
B1) ???? unkown instrumental ???? by takeo yamashita from 'Seven Detectives' OST
B2) ???? unkown female chorus instrumental ???? from 'Tomorrow's detective' OST 1977
B3) track A3 by New TV Sound Orchestra from (TOHO AX-8073)
B4) ???? UNKOWN INSTRUMENTAL VERSION ???? by Minoru Endo. i haven't to check, but maybe track A1 from https://www.discogs.com/release/6731185
B5) track A8 by Shunsuke Kikuchi from (Toshiba TP-40073~74)
B6) ???? instrumental version ???? by Koichi Morita from 'Deadly Merchant' OST 1978 ---> similar theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Ald5fumWs
B7) track a5 by Kuni Kawachi from (Toho Records AX-8041)
B8) classic main theme by katsuo ohno from Taiyō ni Hoero!
B9) classic love theme by katsuo ohno from Taiyō ni Hoero!
By Dollarhyde
Wow! thanks @elifunk for the detailed breakdown, and now I know I have to raise this one on my want list ;D . Interesting that there may be alternate instrumental versions of things on this lp. There are a couple of other 'AX' records that look very similar to this that are also on my wantlist.
By Dollarhyde
The Miracle Planet OST By Yoichiro Yoshikawa
WTP-90464
This is a great little score to a TV documentary nature series, from what I can assume. I think the TV series made it to other parts of the globe and may have been a collaborative effort from different countries. However, I think this Japanese OST was only used in Japan. There is a really nice mixture of orchestral and new age ambient things going on throughout. For example the track "Crater on the moon" is up there with the likes of Yoshimura imo.
Back
By Dollarhyde
Demon City Shinjuku OST by MotoKazu Shinoda
TLV009
Tigerlab should be opening their new sub very soon. I really love that they put so many bonus cuts on this one (essentially three sides of bonus material), lots of weird demon underworld sounds ;)
Back
Gatefold
No audio clips but the trailer gives you an idea of the score
By Dollarhyde
Moon by Fumio (Fumio Miyashita)
ANL-1011
Not sure if this is an image LP or not, it is has been released looking as such, and came out alongside an Arion image LP also by Fumio with similar artwork. Either way this is some solid new age ambient zoning music. Now I need to get Earth and Star which are part of the same series ;P
Back
Very short clip
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:47 am The Miracle Planet OST By Yoichiro Yoshikawa
WTP-90464
This is a great little score to a TV documentary nature series, from what I can assume. I think the TV series made it to other parts of the globe and may have been a collaborative effort from different countries. However, I think this Japanese OST was only used in Japan. There is a really nice mixture of orchestral and new age ambient things going on throughout. For example the track "Crater on the moon" is up there with the likes of Yoshimura imo.
Back
This seems interesting. I will try to give it a listen later.
By Dollarhyde
Be Forever Yamato part 1 and 2 by Hiroshi Miyagawa.
CQ7051 AND CQ7052
Back
Dollar bin lps but really quite good. Also the anime is up on YouTube subbed, you get an idea of the variety of music listening to the first part of the anime ;)
By Dollarhyde
Ripped an obscure Toru Takemitsu OST (or part of) from this box set.
Post war cinema music 1946-1961
SJX-2151-5
The Shrikes 1961 by Toru Takemitsu.
I think this was only featured on a mega CD box set of Toru Takemitsu don't know if it was the same elements featured as on this LP.
By Dollarhyde
Some Girls, and a guy, with guns

Grey Digital Target OST
By Goro Ohmi
Back
Insert

Time Etranger OST
By Tachio Akano, Haruko Kuwana, Yoshiki Kojima
Back
Insert

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind OST
By Joe Hisaishi