Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Anyone know the status of Taro Iwashiro's Memories of Murder 2-LP release? A bunch of places have it for preorder, coming out at the end of December 2019 and end of January 2020. Looking at Discogs, it's already out and already going for slightly stupid money. Are their more copies being released? Looking at the label site, it looks like they had a kickstarter-type program for the soundtrack, so I don't know if some folks got copies early.
By inksb
It looks like the one on discogs is from a kickstarter type site called KissKissBankBank, says it's 1000 copies exclusively through that site. When I went to the site it's a closed crowd funding for the soundtrack and bluray. But there were only 208 backers so if this was a pressing of 1000 that should leave some extra stock. I'm curious as well if any one sees this for sale or a place actually delivers on pre-orders
By reddye6
I have a pre-order waiting with Forced Exposure, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Figure I'll hit them up next week if I don't hear from them sooner.
By inksb
Let me know what you hear from them. I've always had good communication with FE so maybe he knows what's happening.
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:07 pm Let me know what you hear from them. I've always had good communication with FE so maybe he knows what's happening.
I wrote to Forced Exposure today, and this is what I got back (looks like there is a noun missing): "Hmm…looks like we still have copies on our from our distributor, so we should still get it. I can check with our buyer and follow up with you as soon as I hear back."

I'll let you know what further info I get.
By reddye6
Here is that further info from Forced Exposure about "Memories of Murder": According to our buyer, this title has actually been canceled, so we won’t be receiving it unfortunately. I went ahead and canceled your order for it.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:51 pm Here is that further info from Forced Exposure about "Memories of Murder": According to our buyer, this title has actually been canceled, so we won’t be receiving it unfortunately. I went ahead and canceled your order for it.
Thanks for the update, that's a bummer. Maybe we'll see some one else put it out on vinyl since Criterion just picked it up for a US bluray release.
By reddye6
I ended up buying "Memories of Murder" from a Discogs seller. There is a seller in France who has a bunch of mint releases for sale, and he was dropping his price a little at a time. Just got it the other day, and I'm listening to it now. Sounds great so far. LPs were packaged fine, basically; the seller didn't remove the LPs from the gatefold sleeve, and there is a minor seam split at the top of the sleeves.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:28 pm I ended up buying "Memories of Murder" from a Discogs seller. There is a seller in France who has a bunch of mint releases for sale, and he was dropping his price a little at a time. Just got it the other day, and I'm listening to it now. Sounds great so far. LPs were packaged fine, basically; the seller didn't remove the LPs from the gatefold sleeve, and there is a minor seam split at the top of the sleeves.
Thanks for the heads up. I see he has a bunch for sale. What was the cost on shipping, what service did they use and how long did it take to be delivered? I'm so weary of overseas orders right now, I have a bunch of stuff just in limbo.
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:13 pm
reddye6 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:28 pm I ended up buying "Memories of Murder" from a Discogs seller. There is a seller in France who has a bunch of mint releases for sale, and he was dropping his price a little at a time. Just got it the other day, and I'm listening to it now. Sounds great so far. LPs were packaged fine, basically; the seller didn't remove the LPs from the gatefold sleeve, and there is a minor seam split at the top of the sleeves.
Thanks for the heads up. I see he has a bunch for sale. What was the cost on shipping, what service did they use and how long did it take to be delivered? I'm so weary of overseas orders right now, I have a bunch of stuff just in limbo.
Shipping to the US was 19.18 euros (and I had a little more than $2 for sales tax). The seller used La Poste for shipping. The wait wasn't bad, but my guess is that it was luck. From the day it was shipped to when I received it was a day short of two weeks. I have another package from France that ended up sitting in the US for about three weeks before there was movement on it here; it was shipped before "Memories of Murder," and I haven't received it yet.