Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Since I kind of mucked this up in the other thread. Post your favorite albums that have been issued, reissued or re-re-reissued on vinyl in the '10's.

Here's my sure to change list:

I'm keeping this to releases I own. Some stuff which is really great I missed out because I came into the collecting world a little later than most of you.

Lizard in a Woman's Skin - Ennio Moriconne - Death Waltz - 2014
The Beyond: Composers Cut - Fabio Frizzi - Cadabra Records - 2019
Mandy - Jóhann Jóhannsson - Invada - 2018
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Konami Kukeiha Club - Mondo - 2018 (I could easily swap 3 or Rondo of Blood in this spot)
Anna Quel Particolare Piacere - Luciano Michelini - Dagored - 2016
The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave - Bruno Nicolai - Death Watlz - 2016
Il Grande Silenzio - Ennio Morricone - Dagored - 2016
Urotsukidoji: Legend Of The Overfiend - Masamichi Amano - Tiger Lab Vinyl - 2017 (could easily swap for Wicked City or Berserk)
Halloween 3 - John Carpenter & Allen Howarth - Death Waltz - 2012
The Fountain - Clint Mansell - Mondo - 2016

Honerable Mentions (mostly because I don't want to flood my list with the same shit)
Snatcher - Konami Kukeiha Club - Ship to Shore - 2018
Metal Gear Solid - KCE Japan Sound Team - Moonshake - 2019
Dellamorte Dellamore - Manuel De Sica ‎–Lunaris - 2016
Gatti Rossi In Un Labirinto Di Vetro (Eyeball) - Bruno Nicolai - Dagored - 2015
Il Tuo Vizio E' Una Stanza Chiusa E Solo Io Ne Ho La Chiave - Bruno Nicolai - Dagored - 2018

I'd love to include Big Trouble In Little China but the Mondo pressing I own is problematic, even though I love the score it was not a great release :(

And the record that got me into seriously collecting OST's on vinyl....

Chopping Mall - Chuck Cirino - Waxworks - 2014
By inksb
Yeah, pretty much your favorite LP's you picked up over the last 10 that had some type of release in that period of time. Now I'm going to look that one up because I don't think I've heard it.
So if we're now considering older reissues, then:

Phase IV
Ennio Morricone - Un Uomo Da Rispettare
Claude Foisy - Pontypool
Charles Bernstein - The Entity
Tindersticks - Claire Denis Film Scores
John Carpenter - The Fog
Roger Limb - Doctor Who: The Caves of Androzani
Edward Artemiev - Stalker/The Mirror
Edward Artemiev - Solaris
Henry Mancini - Fear
Mark Ayres - Doctor Who: Ghost Light
Susan Justin - Forbidden World
Bruno Nicolai - Tutti I colori del buio
By ScoJo
My kind of list, @red. Very nice.

Didn't know about the Mancini/Fear... was that vinyl? I hold out hope for Wait Until Dark, what a spectular suspense score that is. One that the Horror Master ripped off for Halloween.
(Don't believe me? Listen to the first 4 bars of the title track...)
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inksb wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:04 pm Yeah, pretty much your favorite LP's you picked up over the last 10 that had some type of release in that period of time. Now I'm going to look that one up because I don't think I've heard it.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 26229&_rdr

Here are two track samples. I think this is best described as a compilation of Alessandroni B sides. Like in the sample, the first one sounds like an earlier industrial and the second is a funkier jam from mid 70s
reddye6 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 pm So if we're now considering older reissues, then:

Phase IV
Ennio Morricone - Un Uomo Da Rispettare
Claude Foisy - Pontypool
Charles Bernstein - The Entity
Tindersticks - Claire Denis Film Scores
John Carpenter - The Fog
Roger Limb - Doctor Who: The Caves of Androzani
Edward Artemiev - Stalker/The Mirror
Edward Artemiev - Solaris
Henry Mancini - Fear
Mark Ayres - Doctor Who: Ghost Light
Susan Justin - Forbidden World
Bruno Nicolai - Tutti I colori del buio
Id not heard of the Foisy release @red I'm listening on YouTube now and it VERY good.
Ok, this is kind of impossible but I made a list.

Tried to choose ten not already mentioned and have avoided straight previously on vinyl reissues, hence belladonna of sadness shouldn't be there but there are eleven in the photo anyway ;P
The holy mountain - jodorowsky, cherry, frangipane - finders keepers
Basketcase - Gus russo - terrorvision
War of the gargantuans - Akira ifukube- cinema Kan
Streets of rage - yuzo koshiro - data discs
Blade runner - vangelis - audio fidelity
Fez - disaster peace - polytron
Elfen lied - yukio Kondo - Tigerlab
Ghost in the shell - Kenji kawai - WRWTFWW
The hitcher - mark isham - Ryder records
Amore - vangelis - monstermelodies
texasvinyl wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:46 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:04 pm Yeah, pretty much your favorite LP's you picked up over the last 10 that had some type of release in that period of time. Now I'm going to look that one up because I don't think I've heard it.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 26229&_rdr

Here are two track samples. I think this is best described as a compilation of Alessandroni B sides. Like in the sample, the first one sounds like an earlier industrial and the second is a funkier jam from mid 70s
Agreed, I also love thier 'tower of power' release, effectively freedom power vol 2 :)
here is my attempt. too many that i forgot certainly...

Basil Kirchin - Primitive London
Andrzej Korzynski - Possession
Krzysztof Komeda - Dance Of The Vampires - FINALLY ON VINYL!!
Wojciech Kilar - The Ninth Gate - ANOTHER MILESTONE ON VINYL (FOR ME!)
François De Roubaix - Daughters Of Darkness - ANOTHER ESSENTIAL VINYL FIRST-TIMER
Revenant
Get Out
Salems Lot
Jean-Bernard Raiteux ‎– Les Démons
Day Of The Dead on Waxwork
Werewolves On Wheels (the fancy furry edition)
Serge Gainsbourg / Jean-Claude Vannier ‎– Les Chemins De Katmandou

and i did not even mention all the library stuff!
Dance of the Vampires, Ninth Gate, and Salem's Lot definitely make it into 10-20.

Honestly, this may be the hardest decade to do this with. ten years ago the vinyl reissue thing was barely a topic, none of our boutique labels existed yet, (DW started in '11, Mondo's first wax release was also '11, WW in '13 and then it was a few years before anyone else really jumped into the fray) and the soundtrack wings of the bigger labels were barely a thing anymore.

Even the OST reissue companies that had been doing expanded CD's for years, the Intrada's and LaLaLands of the world, didn't start putting wax out until what...2? 3? years ago, and even then its a wax release every now and then.

Sure there where bits and bobs before that, Silva Screen, Milan obviously - but even they weren't doing wax for a long time. And Trunk arguably may have really started this wave without even knowing it. But the boom really has been this decade of incredible output. if you are us, its been one hell of a ride.