Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By frost
So yeah, I love going to flea markets a lot, trying to find something valuable the seller has not much of an idea of and to to put cheap money into It, digging through records that other people would tend to throw away and so on, basically hunting for anything.
When it comes to people selling records, I am always looking for that soundtrack section and I guess most of you do too. Sometimes I tend to just buy these records because it says "soundtrack to" or "Original Music Score" without actually knowing the movie, the composer or any artsit on it. Maybe I know the label or the artwork appeals to me. Still so, I happened to get across a lot of gems when it comes to blindly buying records labelled Soundtrack like the one below. How about you? What were your pleasant and very random finds?
Attachments
IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4401.JPG (2.76 MiB) Viewed 1578 times
By Bezulsqy
I hate digging through records. They are always packed to tight. Most of the time too many other people too close by. I know there are a lot of gems to pick up that way.
I am very happy (and constantly out of money) with all the heads-up and recommendations from STBC.
By Mateo Sanboval
My last great record digging soundtrack find, at least the last one that springs to mind, was a mint-ish copy of Revenge of the Ninja for around twenty bucks or so. That was a good find. I haven't had, or made, the time to dig much this year. Hopefully work will slow down at some point in the near future and I'll get to do that if it again this winter.
I *love* digging through records... (except when, yes, the vinyl is packed so tight you have to lift each album up individually to see what it is, which can take ages... or when the soundtrack section is in crates on the floor and then it's hard on the knees sifting through!)

Came across a couple of 2nd hand record stores the past few days that bothered to have turntables with headphones for customers to check out their finds - a real godsend when you're leafing through obscure library records and not sure if you're gonna hear cheese or gold - or if said record is full of pops or clicks.

Really wish more stores, especially here in the UK, would have that facility.

Usually have to call up Discogs on my phone to listen to what some obscurity I've found in the rack sounds like, which normally means I have to step outside away from the hubbub and press the phone to my ear... and then step back *inside* if it turns out to be something I want to buy. Quite comical really.... so, yeah, here's to more stores providing a couple of decks for customers to spin their finds :)

[@Bez's comment about too many people close by when you're digging... reminds me of being in London's Sounds of the Universe recently and being made to sort of 'dance around' another customer digging next to me... whenever I leant forward to look at something, he seemed to move into the way at that exact same point, leading me to think 'who's this idiot?'

It was only when the shop owner called across 'hey, Bobby' that I realised I was duking it out with a particularly gangly Bobby Gillespie from Primal Scream]