Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Hello fellow film music fans & soundtrack collectors!

The 17th Annual Rondo Awards are upon us & I'm hoping you might be willing to help support your favorite horror releases of 2018, and especially support the nominees that involve film music...because there aren't many, and they need as much support as they can get.

In category...

20) Best Multi-Media Website [out of order, here]
- Scored to Death: The Podcast...this is my podcast, a labor of love to celebrate film music and the composers who create it, through interviews. Other than the "Best CD" category, this is the only Film Music specific nominee. A win for the podcast is also a win for the brilliant composers that contribute to it.

So, please consider taking the time to vote for it: email your votes [with your names] to taraco@aol.com.

Full Ballot and Voting info can be found here:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monster ... 72547.html

Voting ends April 20th.

To vote for category 25) Best CD, the nominees are:
- Alien 3 expanded soundtrack (LaLa Land)
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula expanded soundtrack (La LaLand)
- Halloween (2018 ) John Carpenter and sons update the score.(Sacred Bones)
- The Haunting of Mary Shelley, Victorian chamber metal music by Valentne Wolfe.
- Mandy, by the late Johann Johannsson (Lakeshore)
- Valley of Gwangi Complete Jerome Moross soundtrack (Intrada)
- John Williams' Dracula: The Deluxe Edition (Varese Sarabande)
- Thom Yorke's Suspiria 2018 soundtrack (XL).
- You Were Never Really Here soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood.(Lakeshore)

And here are a few other nominees that I noticed had some cool film music-related features, that are worth supporting. If anyone knows of others, please share them below.

In the categories...

8) Best Package 0f Dvd Extras
- Creepshow features a commentary & a roundtable discussion featuring composer John Harrison
- Last House on the Left has an interview with composer David Hess & features a CD of the score!
- The Night Stalker/Night Strangler as a wonderful interview with composer Robert Cobert.
- Night of the Living Dead has a nice little featurette about the music

14) Best Magazine of 2018
- Rue Morgue - I'm sure many of the magazines listed cover music, I happen to occasionally write for this one, and in 2018 I wrote pieces on Richard Brand & Chris Stone's score for Prison and Goblin's score for Dawn of the Dead.

Thanks so much!
The guy who runs this refuses to update this process, it's annoying. I usually vote every year but the amount of time it takes to type this up, he could have just put it into a survey system and then send the link to everyone, then he could have instant results instead of having tally counts manually and get hundreds, possibly thousands of emails.