Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:21 am
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 pm
Spun out of control wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm Recent eBay acquisition from the maestro... equal parts beautiful & dramatic
Nice grab!! I tried to watch the movie, the actress is incredibly beautiful, cinematography was good, but it was a real mess!
Yeah, Franco films are an acquired taste to say the least. I have recently tried to get into those a little more, am reading Steven Thrower‘s first book on him which I think is pretty excellent (as are all his books). Haven‘t seen Justine but some of the films I have seen I would pretty much also file under „a mess“.
In any case the scores in Franco‘s movies are usually really good (e.g. Vampyros Lesbos, She killed in ecstasy - quite liked those films as well), he wanted to become a musician before he took the filmmaker route and apparently was a big jazz aficionado.

And yes, Justine is a great score - congrats @Spun. Have also been looking for a nice copy for a decent price for quite some time.
Cheers - have barely seen any Franco films, apart from the Nude Vampire, which was boring rather than sexy - so perhaps I need steering in the direction of the good ones. I'd had the Nicolai score on my Discogs Wishlist for a while, so when it popped up during a casual eBay browse, was a good chance to pick it up for half the cost of the cheapest Discogs listing.
By deafmetal
ImageBixio-Frizzi-Tempera - Sette Note In Nero

I have been waiting for this album to be released by Death Waltz for so many years that I could not hold off on the Mondo webstore order and ended up with a white vinyl copy. Thankfully, it sounds quite good, although my initial reaction to the idea that it might only be on white vinyl was similar to the gatefold art:

Halfway through side B and no distortion on the high flutes in Concerto Alla Radio. Sounds great so far to me. I have what sounds like a clean copy. For those thinking the sax on the finale on D1 sounds distorted, I think it’s just the somewhat dirty playing style or perhaps the original recording. Check it out here:

Very happy with this release.
By ScoJo
^ L.O.V.E the C.H.U.D!!

Deciding to have a day of nothing but The Master Jeweller...

DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Music for Ghost in the Shell

IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG (948.84 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

By inksb
havershaw wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 am I didn’t notice it the first time I listened, but I happened to listen about an hour ago and it was either the beginning of Side C or D for me (I can’t remember). But I heard it too.
Seemed like it was only distorting when the sax played. But I didn’t notice it on the first listen.
deafmetal wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:05 pm Halfway through side B and no distortion on the high flutes in Concerto Alla Radio. Sounds great so far to me. I have what sounds like a clean copy. For those thinking the sax on the finale on D1 sounds distorted, I think it’s just the somewhat dirty playing style or perhaps the original recording. Check it out here:
@deaf, @havershaw and any one else that has this release, could you guys do me a favor when you get a chance?

On Side B, please check the last 20 seconds of Ritrovamento Del Cadavere (3rd to last track). The little keyboard lick at the end distorts really bad on my copy. I haven't had a chance to do a full wet/vacuum clean yet but this is the point that I am having issues with (it is the only distortion I've heard on the first LP). I checked the digital copy I have and the distortion is there but much harder to hear, I'm wondering if it's the frequencies that my turntable is just having an issue with and distorting problematic part in the recording, making it worse than it already is.
By Bezulsqy
good morning everyone!
again a new week has started
time flies when your having fun
maybe also when your suffering
but maybe not

I am starting my day with some terrific tunes

By reddye6
Got these in the mail this morning, and I'm going through them now. Listened so far to "Station to Station to Station" and am in the middle of "Maria's Paradise." I've really liked both of them so far -- electro-pulses, choir drones, stark and suffused with dread.
Attachments
IMG_0877.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg (684.67 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:54 am good morning everyone!
again a new week has started
time flies when your having fun
maybe also when your suffering
but maybe not

I am starting my day with some terrific tunes

Welk record is dit, Bez?