Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Ahoy there!

Great to add more essential Vangelis to the collection. Think this will be a house favourite.

This followed on very nicely, getting darker.

As did this, intense suspense!
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:57 pm Image
Ahoy there!

Great to add more essential Vangelis to the collection. Think this will be a house favourite.

This followed on very nicely, getting darker.

As did this, intense suspense!
Having yourself a very fun, exclusive session their Matt - fantastic stuff

By inksb
Another set of great spins @dollar

My sunday morning featured these beauties

Although this one didn't quite gel with my wife for a relaxing sunday listen haha

And then some Morricone to get back to it
By EvanCampbell
The mastering seems a bit low to me on the music end. Scott's track from children on the let's scare Jessica popped out more. Not sure if he went in and juiced it up a bit. Also one of the signature soundtrack moments in the film is the psychedelic sound effects during the dead rising out of their graves. It is a long segment completely missing here ..maybe all that was added later and lost from the original tapes. I am nitpicking but I love the film. I am sure I will warm up to it. Doesn't help that my copy is a bit noisy.
By ScoJo
EvanCampbell wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 pm The mastering seems a bit low to me on the music end. Scott's track from children on the let's scare Jessica popped out more. Not sure if he went in and juiced it up a bit. Also one of the signature soundtrack moments in the film is the psychedelic sound effects during the dead rising out of their graves. It is a long segment completely missing here ..maybe all that was added later and lost from the original tapes. I am nitpicking but I love the film. I am sure I will warm up to it. Doesn't help that my copy is a bit noisy.
Interesting Evan - I'm awaiting a retail version popping up in the UK so I can't comment on the pressing, but brother Static was kind enough to share the audio as he knew how excited I was to hear this. I do understand your feelings on this I think - I also noticed how much of the music in this presentation is completely new, and therefore has nothing to do with my deep affection for the film. It's a mental mis-match for me, and more jarring than the similarly 'conceptual' reissue of Midnight.

I'll definitely be picking this up as soon as I can, and hopefully future listens will gradually reveal more and more to enjoy about this new reworked version as it's own thing, but as I said to Static I'm also really glad I have those original pieces as part of the Jessica... lp

Oh also - that inner gatefold spread looks like a real WOW :D

By EvanCampbell
Scott you completely understand my feeling about it. Still grateful to have it. It felt similar to the black Christmas release. Like a long suite with revision music linking it together. Gave off a slightly different vibe then I was expecting.
By chiefbrody
I didn't stick with the show, but picked this up as I liked what Ben Frost did on Dark. Interesting for when you're in a cold, minimalist mood.
Attachments
20201123_132209_compress94.jpg
20201123_132209_compress94.jpg (597.65 KiB) Viewed 1618 times