Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:21 pm Image
Roy Budd jam session. The Stone Killer theme is my top selection:

I'm stone envious of all that loot.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:21 pm Serpent and The Rainbow
Such striking cover art. Someone should use that as an avatar one of these days.
By inksb
Stopped into my local shop this weekend to pick a receiver for my brother and saw this in the new bin. Don't see Morricone very often in my parts so I bought it.

And finally grabbed a copy of this, $4.99. Couldn't pass up Isham for that price

By ScoJo
IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 1529 times

Although tinged with a little annoyance (as we were originally in line to reissue Didn't You Hear), happy to report that Sacred Bones did a bang up job reissuing this awesome, super rare 1970 electronic score (from master tapes, originally pressed in small batch and given out at cinema screenings) as well as this compilation of other rare Mort Garson film pieces and archive tracks. I have originals of Atraxia and Black Mass, but based on the high quality of these I might well spring for those too.

By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:20 am Both good gets, Inks. What do you think?
The Morricone LP sounds great, I put on Isham but about 30 seconds into it I had to shut it off and go fix something. I'll get to it tonight hopefully.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:45 pm IMG_0134.JPG

Although tinged with a little annoyance (as we were originally in line to reissue Didn't You Hear), happy to report that Sacred Bones did a bang up job reissuing this awesome, super rare 1970 electronic score (from master tapes, originally pressed in small batch and given out at cinema screenings) as well as this compilation of other rare Mort Garson film pieces and archive tracks. I have originals of Atraxia and Black Mass, but based on the high quality of these I might well spring for those too.

High praise indeed.

inksb wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:07 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:20 am Both good gets, Inks. What do you think?
The Morricone LP sounds great, I put on Isham but about 30 seconds into it I had to shut it off and go fix something. I'll get to it tonight hopefully.
Let us know when you do!
By Hatter313

I was resisting all of these...and then I wasn’t. Really looking forward to all of these landing here soon (also how did they get to you already and I can practically see Brooklyn from my roof haha)
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:10 am Stopped into my local shop this weekend to pick a receiver for my brother and saw this in the new bin. Don't see Morricone very often in my parts so I bought it.

And finally grabbed a copy of this, $4.99. Couldn't pass up Isham for that price

I had that same Isham in my hand at my local Saturday. Someone dumped a bunch of TD I didn’t already have but I should have picked this up too. Might head back this week
Last edited by Hatter313 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:08 pm

I was resisting all of these...and then I wasn’t. Really looking forward to all of these landing here soon (also how did they get to you already and I can practically see Brooklyn from my roof haha)
Sorry about that - I feel your frustration! Official release date wasn't until today, and I received mine last friday, so perhaps they just had their ducks lined up with getting international distro sorted and my supplier released the copies early. I know it happens, for sure...
By inksb
When I get paid on Friday I will be snagging 2-3 of those Garson's. I may skip the compilation for now unless ScoJo you convince me otherwise? Not skipping it forever just getting it at a later date.
By ScoJo
Inky - it's great, deep cut stuff if you're a Mort completist, but I wouldn't think you need to rush, imagine these reissues will be around a good while/in plentiful pressing numbers.

You should DEF grab Didnt You Hear with quickness tho imho!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Sorry about that - I feel your frustration! Official release date wasn't until today, and I received mine last friday, so perhaps they just had their ducks lined up with getting international distro sorted and my supplier released the copies early. I know it happens, for sure...
Kidding aside, they've been truly incredible with their shipping during this pandemic, which is awesome because they've also been incredible with their releases this year, so much great stuff, and this is NOT a big company in the least. I've ordered more from them in the last five months than a lot fo other places.
By Bezulsqy
Another question I wouldn't mind asking Spencer is about the current packaging. I love the gatefolds from Waxwork and Terror Vision and don't like the ones currently used by Mondo/DWRC.

When holding these old sleeves it is such a better tactile experience...

By Hatter313
I miss that brief period where Spencer was using those HUGE textured sleeves. House of the Devil, Godzilla, The Raid, City of the Living Dead, etc.