Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Thanks Chris!

IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1040 times

I definitely haven't seen enough chatter around this- Moroder in modernised-Scarface mode, really top notch. Mostly score cues, though there are a couple of 80s song covers which I don't love tbh. The rest is pure Giorgio synthwave/disco 'cocaiyeene' tracks delivered directly into your face. GM his bad self has coined the phrase 'Electro Noir' but really, it just sounds like Scarface with some added modern action score production and 'oomph' (especially the huge Zimmer-et-al 'multi-drums')
2xlp on silver/black streak wax from Invada, good price, go get some.
ScoJo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am Thanks Chris!

IMG_1545.JPG

I definitely haven't seen enough chatter around this- Moroder in modernised-Scarface mode, really top notch. Mostly score cues, though there are a couple of 80s song covers which I don't love tbh. The rest is pure Giorgio synthwave/disco 'cocaiyeene' tracks delivered directly into your face. GM his bad self has coined the phrase 'Electro Noir' but really, it just sounds like Scarface with some added modern action score production and 'oomph' (especially the huge Zimmer-et-al 'multi-drums')
2xlp on silver/black streak wax from Invada, good price, go get some.
I keep forgetting to check out the shows OST
By ScoJo
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 am Hey ScoJo, if you want to save even more you could order from https://www.hhv.de/shop/en directly (they mark up the records by around €1.50/each when they sell via discogs or amazon). :)
Cheers for the tip- but weirdly, shipping to the uk is more expensive through their webshop than thru their discogs store. I think the last time I ordered a few lps direct the shipping was something like 12 euros. Getting 4x shipped for E7.99 was too tempting, though as you say with the slight price hike on discogs sales I'm sure it all basically evens out in the wash ;)

*EDIT*
Just out of interest I visited the webstore and carted the same four LPs- shipping to UK was calculated as 9euros! So yep, I'll definitely remember that for next time, thanks again.
By NathanLurker
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 pm @Nathan - I want this so bad. Love the main cheesy theme. But damn it's expensive.
Yeah jimmy, I ended up paying 60usd for it, shipping included. that's the cheapest I've found it, and I didn't want to take a chance and wait for it to get discounted, I feared that it will sell out. It's about 11$ more than what I pay for waxwork titles, which is already expensive.

I Cannibali is very good though and the pressing sounds great too.
By ScoJo
Lined up for this evening, gf out at a gig- came home to find my big Sorghini/HHV.de order awaiting! I really couldn't afford this splurge right now (got an ass-fucking tax bill) but couldnt resist. I've not heard any of them previously, very excite: '73, '74, '75, '80. Very high hopes, golden period of Il Maestro!

IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 860 times
By ChrisMcQueen007
ScoJo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 pm Lined up for this evening, gf out at a gig- came home to find my big Sorghini/HHV.de order awaiting! I really couldn't afford this splurge right now (got an ass-fucking tax bill) but couldnt resist. I've not heard any of them previously, very excite: '73, '74, '75, '80. Very high hopes, golden period of Il Maestro!

IMG_1568.JPG
Looking splendid, enjoy!