Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 pm That’s a great album @inks I spin my copy quite a bit congrats. How many more TD scores are you missing?
Unfortunately my TD collection is quite pitiful compared to most around here but I have a lot of the "important" scores. I think the two major ones I'm missing are Risky Business (which is only half TD music?) and Three O Clock High. I am still missing Shy People, Destination Berlin and Das Mädchen Auf Der Treppe. I think that's it for TD scores on vinyl. I need a lot of their 70's output though. In due time.
By deafmetal
^@inks - Thanks for the VHD printed sleeve reveal. I see that Tiger Lab chose two of the most iconic images from the anime which is excellent and also clever to get around the Sony licensing restriction for the printed LP sleeve. I might have to source a copy, but the one on eBay right now for $300 is ridiculous.

Riichiro Manabe - Godzilla vs. Megalon [Waxwork WW113]
By deafmetal
Masaru Sato - Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla [Waxwork WW114]

I don’t remember the score that much as a young kid, but the film and the MechaG kaiju were big influences on me.

@Dollar - I enjoy Sato-san’s big band tunes in this score. They have a fun and lovely “big baddie” theme with what sounds like toms or trap set percussion playing along. It gives it a kind of show routine or big stage performance vibe on those tracks. I will have to revisit Ebiriah one more time but I think that one might be my favorite of his for the tropical island/Mothra theme vibes.
By EvanCampbell
20211123_183102.jpg
20211123_183102.jpg (462.81 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Finally picked this up. Did not realize how much material was made for this score. First listen and I really like it. Kind of a slow build up. The closing credit track is pretty great. Anyone know if a In the mouth of madness release is in the works
By Dollarhyde
deafmetal wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:16 pm Image
Masaru Sato - Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla [Waxwork WW114]

I don’t remember the score that much as a young kid, but the film and the MechaG kaiju were big influences on me.

@Dollar - I enjoy Sato-san’s big band tunes in this score. They have a fun and lovely “big baddie” theme with what sounds like toms or trap set percussion playing along. It gives it a kind of show routine or big stage performance vibe on those tracks. I will have to revisit Ebiriah one more time but I think that one might be my favorite of his for the tropical island/Mothra theme vibes.
I have some of the ost on this release, one of my favourite in this series that I own.
https://www.discogs.com/release/4796452 ... E9%9B%86-9

One day... That box set.. will be mine! 😂

The Masaru Sato sound series is a nice set of Sato-san's work outside of his Kaiju works and highlights some of his more obscure ost work. 10 volumes in total
https://www.discogs.com/label/1394356-% ... 3%E3%83%89