Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
inksb wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:29 am I was wondering if any of you that picked up Unsolved Mysteries Vol 2 received the bonus 7" and have listened to it yet? The center hole was punched way off center, so much that my tone arm sways back and forth a lot on each rotation. It sounds terrible. Wondering if I just got a bad one or if this is common issue with the pressing.
Inks, my copy plays fine though there is some mention of this same issue on Discogs & it looks like TV is aware.
Many of the 7"s that come with this were pressed off center. Mine is even more off center than the image of the 7" here.

If you contact Terror Vision by email, they have set aside some play tested replacements.
By inksb
Bub wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:29 am I was wondering if any of you that picked up Unsolved Mysteries Vol 2 received the bonus 7" and have listened to it yet? The center hole was punched way off center, so much that my tone arm sways back and forth a lot on each rotation. It sounds terrible. Wondering if I just got a bad one or if this is common issue with the pressing.
Inks, my copy plays fine though there is some mention of this same issue on Discogs & it looks like TV is aware.
Many of the 7"s that come with this were pressed off center. Mine is even more off center than the image of the 7" here.

If you contact Terror Vision by email, they have set aside some play tested replacements.
Thanks, I'll shoot TV an email then.
By Dollarhyde
There is a Toru Takemitsu score (segment of) tucked away at the end of this box set that I'm really digging, only released on vinyl here I think, have seen it on one 10xcd comp, Toru Takemitsu's score to the 1961 movie 'The Shrikes'
By Bezulsqy
I am playing mine now. Side A sounds fine. But side B appears to have an issue. I do see my tone arm swaying more on side B.

Very happy with the subscription version. The hand pours for previous records have felt a bit underwhelming as they looked more like when you mix too many colors together and yet get a murky grey mess. This one is beautiful.

And it sounds great as well!
By inksb
And the most disappointing release of 2019 goes to....

...drumroll...

Setting the awful jacket design aside, this release is a mess. The intro song (the most iconic in the game!) Loops twice in game and then finishes with the famous "turtle power", on here it loops 6-8 times, I lost count as it was way too many. Then the next song is supposed to short and they loop that a bunch of times just to fill out the run time of the record. A bunch of the stage tracks seem to be the correct length but they are all missing their intro's. Overall this release feels like some one who had zero knowledge about the game and was just doing it because they knew it would make money. I honestly don't know how much I'll even listen to this. I had planned on making my own cassette version of it but stopped working on that when they announced this, I may return to that project now.
inksb wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:41 am And the most disappointing release of 2019 goes to....
Wow that really stinks. I was actually planning on grabbing this when I go to PAX East in February next year, might wait to hear a vinyl rip on YouTube to make final judgments.

Slightly on topic, I really do not like iam8bit. They have some awesome releases (Persona 5 Deluxe, Uncharted Series, Gris). But their customer service is horrible, their shipping practices are a laughable (I'll go into that) and they don't really know how to market their supply. Ori and the Blind Forest got 2 horrible sounding releases, with no repress, with people hounding then for it. Then they press some of the most obscure off the wall stuff. And do represses or large quantities of stuff that sits in the store or put on clearance.

Not to say there isn't a market for it, but I feel like I'm pretty into video games and culture, and some of their choices I say "Never even heard of that". But different strokes.

Onto their shipping. Their mailers are godawful. Got "The Messenger" from them this week and the mailer is like a Mondo mailer without space, it's nearly flat. Of course, my record arrived bent. Now, when pre-ordering Gris Limited Edition OST from them months ago, the only Shipping option was 18 bucks...for a 2LP... domestically.

I ordered it, knowing it was going to sell out (which it did). I sent them an email to inquire about the price of shipping. They told me essentially "We can definitely mail it media mail for 8 bucks and refund the difference, but if it gets damaged in transit, which it probably will, we can't do anything about it". I'm paraphrasing, but I was floored. Maybe improve your packaging, and stand by your product, and you won't have to essentially scare someone into sticking with 18 dollar shipping by saying it'll most likely get damaged.

End of rant, first world problems I know.
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:09 pm
inksb wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:41 am And the most disappointing release of 2019 goes to....
Wow that really stinks. I was actually planning on grabbing this when I go to PAX East in February next year, might wait to hear a vinyl rip on YouTube to make final judgments.

Slightly on topic, I really do not like iam8bit. They have some awesome releases (Persona 5 Deluxe, Uncharted Series, Gris). But their customer service is horrible, their shipping practices are a laughable (I'll go into that) and they don't really know how to market their supply. Ori and the Blind Forest got 2 horrible sounding releases, with no repress, with people hounding then for it. Then they press some of the most obscure off the wall stuff. And do represses or large quantities of stuff that sits in the store or put on clearance.

Not to say there isn't a market for it, but I feel like I'm pretty into video games and culture, and some of their choices I say "Never even heard of that". But different strokes.

Onto their shipping. Their mailers are godawful. Got "The Messenger" from them this week and the mailer is like a Mondo mailer without space, it's nearly flat. Of course, my record arrived bent. Now, when pre-ordering Gris Limited Edition OST from them months ago, the only Shipping option was 18 bucks...for a 2LP... domestically.

I ordered it, knowing it was going to sell out (which it did). I sent them an email to inquire about the price of shipping. They told me essentially "We can definitely mail it media mail for 8 bucks and refund the difference, but if it gets damaged in transit, which it probably will, we can't do anything about it". I'm paraphrasing, but I was floored. Maybe improve your packaging, and stand by your product, and you won't have to essentially scare someone into sticking with 18 dollar shipping by saying it'll most likely get damaged.

Thankfully you can get that TMNT release from other distros, but some.of their stuff is exclusive.

By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:09 pm

The release may be fine for you, it's just one of my favorite games and soundtracks from the era, it means a lot to me and to see it released the way it is bums me out a lot. I'm not set up to rip the vinyl otherwise I'd just rip it for you to hear, keep any eye on AnthonyTRP's channel on youtube, I assume he'll upload a rip in the coming month. Honestly the sound quality is fine, the music sounds good (at least on my green copy) it's just a poorly put together release.

And I'm with on iam8bit, they are hands down the worst VGM company and may one of the worst companies to buy vinyl from. Also I shipped a double LP yesterday priority 2day and it cost $12, no clue what they are on about. I'm really happy that Fangamer got the rights to release Banjo Kazooie, they did such a better job with it and they package really well. I need to pick that up, it's one of the most reaonsably priced 4LP sets out there.

I was going to order that Messenger LP as the music is great and it was onsale for $20 on black friday but the shipping was insane so I said fuck it.

I think I shared this on here before but it's my iam8bit customer service story. My brother pre-ordered the 4LP Cuphead set for me for Xmas a few years ago. It had a November ship date on it when he pre-ordered it. It get's close to Xmas so my brother emails them asking what's going on with the release. They respond with the nastiest email I've ever seen, basically calling him and idiot and accusing him of not being able to read. He's completely confused by the email goes back to the site and they changed it to February/March ship date. A normal company would just say, yeah sorry there was a delay, thanks for your pre-order we hope to get these out as soon as they are finished. Ever since then I only order from them if it's the only option and it's something I must have.