Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Time to fire up the decks. I love this score. I love this film. I love the source material. And I love the material that came into being as a result of the subjects failing at one thing and beginning another. A bonus hat tip to Seattle Musician Kurt Stenzel for whom this is his only solo credit.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:51 pm Favorite Hoskins flick?
It has to be Long Good Friday which I rewatched last week (prompted by chatter here about the OST...) That film is incredible, and his perf in it is a thing of wonder. I don't personally feel he ever scaled that height again, though Im quite partial to his over-the-top '50s Brooklyn Taxi Driver' yank parts in stuff like Roger Rabbit and Cotton Club!

As an aside, I was texting pics throughout watching LGF to a male friend of mine who I know Hoskins was his biggest crush. He told me that the shower scene was the moment as a young man when he 'came out to himself' and admitted he was gay- and that it's actually a famous scene amongst gay men who did exactly the same. It's an especially iconic scene in the bear community of course ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
Just a terrific re-recording and, in my estimation, likely the closest we'll ever get to the genuine article. Zenith: The score opens with the Ladd Company logo theme (which I believe was actually composed by John Williams). Nadir: The gent who (attempts) to sing "One More Kiss Dear" is so spectacularly underwhelming that, if you're not careful, it can pull you right out of your trip.
By Hatter313
Wait....dude....Jodo’ Dune right into Blade Runner...

I know it’s an obvious sequence but it’s also exactly what I did this afternoon in the car. J’s Dune has been my driving music for a week now and today I just went right into the trilogy recordings

Also that re-recording is the only one I spin in hard copy now, I need to get it digital so I can add it to me running/walking/driving playlist, but yeah “one more kiss dear” could have been left off haha
By Bezulsqy
you guys have been killing it the last couple of pages!

I am back with some Cipriani. And this Japanese version also has some dialogue on it. I believe it is a thing over there.
By Bezulsqy
you guys have been killing it the last couple of pages!

I am back with some Cipriani. And this Japanese version also has some dialogue on it. I believe it is a thing over there.

By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am Wait....dude....Jodo’ Dune right into Blade Runner...

I know it’s an obvious sequence but it’s also exactly what I did this afternoon in the car. J’s Dune has been my driving music for a week now and today I just went right into the trilogy recordings

Also that re-recording is the only one I spin in hard copy now, I need to get it digital so I can add it to me running/walking/driving playlist, but yeah “one more kiss dear” could have been left off haha
Great minds, etc.
By reddye6
Alex Somers - Honey Boy
Attachments
IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0943.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 1800 times