Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:55 pm Some beautiful spins there @bez

This has been on the table a lot over the last few days. Question for those that have it already. Are you noticing any distortion at times? I thought I heard some weird distortion a few times while spinning the first disc. I need to sit down and actually focus on it. It could just be some dust on my needle or the record could have some stuff in the grooves and it may need to be cleaned.

I think I am hearing some distortion on the first track of side D. Now again playing side A and B. Not hearing it there. Might be some dust. Haven't cleaned the record yet.
By havershaw
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:29 am
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:55 pm Some beautiful spins there @bez

This has been on the table a lot over the last few days. Question for those that have it already. Are you noticing any distortion at times? I thought I heard some weird distortion a few times while spinning the first disc. I need to sit down and actually focus on it. It could just be some dust on my needle or the record could have some stuff in the grooves and it may need to be cleaned.

I think I am hearing some distortion on the first track of side D. Now again playing side A and B. Not hearing it there. Might be some dust. Haven't cleaned the record yet.
I didn’t notice it the first time I listened, but I happened to listen about an hour ago and it was either the beginning of Side C or D for me (I can’t remember). But I heard it too.
Seemed like it was only distorting when the sax played. But I didn’t notice it on the first listen.
By ScoJo
^ Well that just sounds.... fab :-(

Might be the final nail in the coffin of me being remotely interested in this release. One person noting distortion = who knows what's going on? Three people = I'm out.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 am ^ Well that just sounds.... fab :-(

Might be the final nail in the coffin of me being remotely interested in this release. One person noting distortion = who knows what's going on? Three people = I'm out.
I know it's expensive to import but the soundtrack is so good I don't think you should skip it. The distortion is not all the way through, I just noticed it a few times and it could be my record needs to be cleaned. I'll try to do a fully focused listen this week to see it's there. I may even give it a clean before hand if I have time. I'll let you know what I determine
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:15 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 am ^ Well that just sounds.... fab :-(

I know it's expensive to import but the soundtrack is so good I don't think you should skip it. The distortion is not all the way through, I just noticed it a few times and it could be my record needs to be cleaned. I'll try to do a fully focused listen this week to see it's there. I may even give it a clean before hand if I have time. I'll let you know what I determine
Thanks, I'd appreciate that! I 100% dont buy confirmed bad pressings/distorted records. I'll happily listen digitally and save myself EIGHTY DOLLARS
By Mateo Sanboval
Been a spell since I've carved out the time for a proper listen and this particular LP has long been atop my to-spin pile. Assani Car Chase at high volume out of the old D-9's and my arm hairs are at full attention; what a score. Whoever put this release together deserves a firm handshake...with an elbow touch.
By Mateo Sanboval
This is a tweener, but I'm going to post it in here. Bebop is a Cowboy Bepop adjacent LP by one of my favorite beat-makers, Saib. I'm no Anime devotee, but I love Cowboy Bebop and, of course, the music therein made by The Seatbelts and Yoko Kanno. Saib (often written saib.) heavily samples from their music and many show elements, then adds in his own contributions, to create a sort of hybrid score/tribute/inspired by LP. Perhaps a new-fangled Image Album of sorts? Anyway, as the kids say, it's dope.

inksb wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:24 am Good to see you @mateo, hope everything is going well for ya
Top of the pops, sir, all things considered. Great to see you as always.
By ScoJo
Well well... look who just strolled into town, hitched his bronco at the hitching place, and ordered two fingers of tonsil paint. Got some sand, this tenderfoot.

By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 am Well well... look who just strolled into town, hitched his bronco at the hitching place, and ordered two fingers of tonsil paint. Got some sand, this tenderfoot.

The very cheek!
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:35 am For a moment I thought I saw a ghost...

Great to see you again @Mateo! You have been missed.
Christmas, Bez, I don't know who I missed more, you or that sterling B&O rig.
SPOILER ALERT: It was you, ya beaut. Quarterly interactions on that app-that-shall-not-be-named just wasn't enough to tide me over any longer.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 am Image
Been a spell since I've carved out the time for a proper listen and this particular LP has long been atop my to-spin pile. Assani Car Chase at high volume out of the old D-9's and my arm hairs are at full attention; what a score. Whoever put this release together deserves a firm handshake...with an elbow touch.
This is quite the score. Good to see you posting again here, @Mateo.
By Bub
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 am Image
Welcome back Mateo!
By static14
@Mateo good to see you back! Spartan is quite the jam.
Attachments
925B6295-2939-483E-A679-AC9DDFF617B5.gif
925B6295-2939-483E-A679-AC9DDFF617B5.gif (1.99 MiB) Viewed 1615 times
3F26FD78-F08F-490A-BEC4-B784759C15F5.jpeg
3F26FD78-F08F-490A-BEC4-B784759C15F5.jpeg (542.44 KiB) Viewed 1616 times