Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

inksb wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:52 pm
Got the solid Orange Solid Black version. Dead silent, no surface noise at all. Really glad I didn't fall in for the splatters or glows.
So what are your thoughts on the second lp?
Only finished the Disc 1 last night unfortunately. So far, I enjoyed the newer tracks that were on disc 1
By ScoJo
I'm really holding out for a longer version of that banging cue when the girl is first being chased through the streets by Mike :D
It's AMAZING in the film, and was a bit disappointed that it was kinda short and sweet on the original OST release - crying out for being expanded!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:56 pm I'm really holding out for a longer version of that banging cue when the girl is first being chased through the streets by Mike :D
It's AMAZING in the film, and was a bit disappointed that it was kinda short and sweet on the original OST release - crying out for being expanded!
that is hands down the best bit of new composition on the score. possibly one of his best bits period.
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:52 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 pm Image
Got the solid Orange Solid Black version. Dead silent, no surface noise at all. Really glad I didn't fall in for the splatters or glows.
Received my orange/black today - even after a clean, the orange disc was unplayable- snap crackle n pop all the way through. Had the return immediately accepted by Norman Records, biked it to the post office and carried on up the hill to my local record store. Bought a 2nd copy of same edition, this one is much better though still a bit noisy, going to put it under the tap tomorrow morning.

The fancy 'moving motion' sleeve is a bit disappointing, gotta say- think of all the things they couldve done with the lenticular effect. It's fine though. Not crazy about the interior illustration.
All the new music is very welcome, didnt get the extended 'The Shape Hunts Allyson' that i was hoping for tho :(
ScoJo wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:05 pm
Received my orange/black today - even after a clean, the orange disc was unplayable- snap crackle n pop all the way through. Had the return immediately accepted by Norman Records, biked it to the post office and carried on up the hill to my local record store. Bought a 2nd copy of same edition, this one is much better though still a bit noisy, going to put it under the tap tomorrow morning.
That's unfortunate, sorry to hear. I will say, for my experience, I do not have a fancy setup, and was listening on speakers and not headphones. My orange was fantastic, a bit of noise on the black disc though.
By static14
There are a lot of things to love about STBC, but honestly the friends I have made here over the years are the best part. A huge thank you to @Tim for this early B-Day surprise! :) it sounds amazing!
Attachments
A7DE218F-195B-406D-A9B4-E67B59C4A3A9.jpeg
A7DE218F-195B-406D-A9B4-E67B59C4A3A9.jpeg (570.53 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
By tim28212
static14 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:25 am There are a lot of things to love about STBC, but honestly the friends I have made here over the years are the best part. A huge thank you to @Tim for this early B-Day surprise! :) it sounds amazing!
Hope it brings you many happy spins. :)