Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
I think I’m gonna ask my Wife to grab the DOTD boxset for me as an xmas gift. I all ready have the European uhd release, but that only has one cut in 4K, and some questionable color correction choices.

The Boogey Man
Attachments
821E3C6E-C639-447D-90EC-A9CA9084526C.jpeg
821E3C6E-C639-447D-90EC-A9CA9084526C.jpeg (514.35 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
By EvanCampbell
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote:So my 4K Dawn box set from Second Sight arrived today. Can‘t tell you all how excited I am about this - it‘s one of my all time favourite films, regardless of genre. I’ve owned it on VHS, Laserdisc and DVD, and was waiting for a properere/definitive blu ray release (THIS) for years. Will be digging into the box and watch the Romero cut plus some of the special features next weekend as I want to spend some quality time with it. So now spinning in anticipation:
That Japanese version is one of my favorite covers...such a beauty!
By ChrisMcQueen007
@Evan: Yeah, it's the version of Dawn that I wanted. Nostalgia also plays a role in terms of how I first experienced the film. The cover image is very similar to the first VHS of the film that I owned, an uncut version from the Netherlands (you couldn't get the movie uncut in Germany at the time).
Took me some time to find a Japanese one with the OBI for a somewhat reasonable price. But if I remember correctly I wasn't hit by any custom charges and I also got a good price for my Italian Cinevox OG that I then sold.

@Bez: Talking about the Netherlands and Japanese pressings: Nice spins of Il Maestro with OBIs :)
By EvanCampbell
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote:@Evan: Yeah, it's the version of Dawn that I wanted. Nostalgia also plays a role in terms of how I first experienced the film. The cover image is very similar to the first VHS of the film that I owned, an uncut version from the Netherlands (you couldn't get the movie uncut in Germany at the time).
Took me some time to find a Japanese one with the OBI for a somewhat reasonable price. But if I remember correctly I wasn't hit by any custom charges and I also got a good price for my Italian Cinevox OG that I then sold.

@Bez: Talking about the Netherlands and Japanese pressings: Nice spins of Il Maestro with OBIs :)
Chris I always thought of that lp as the pinnacle of soundtrack collecting on looks alone. It not only encapsulates my childhood but also one of the greatest decades of cinema. Everything from the moldy, zombie green OBI to the slightly faded cover image that wreaks 70's. Throw that on a danish teak credenza with a mix drink and life is happy again 😌

Glad you snagged one. I have seen prices run the gamet. Last year a mint one with OBI snuck by on eBay for under 50
By Bezulsqy
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:39 pm @Evan: Yeah, it's the version of Dawn that I wanted. Nostalgia also plays a role in terms of how I first experienced the film. The cover image is very similar to the first VHS of the film that I owned, an uncut version from the Netherlands (you couldn't get the movie uncut in Germany at the time).

Thanks! I am staying on that path today.

About DotD. That is the Japanese releases I want most but not at any cost. I don't mind overpaying for a record I really want but in the first half of the year a mint copy of the Down of the Dead version went over 13,000 yen and at that time I wasn't wiling to bid more. It isn't that rear if you want it and are willing to pay a stupid price. I know that at one point I probably will.
By chiefbrody
Volume 3.

I remember being panicked that I'd missed the boat on these when they went out of stock, and now I think you can pick them up easily, and for less than I paid. AKA the RSD experience!

It's a shame they couldn't have worked out a way to get those bonus tracks on vinyl, and not just digitally.
Attachments
20201118_104836.jpg
20201118_104836.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1874 times
By chiefbrody
First spin of this. I've had it for at least a year.

I think it's been a combination of me never having enough time to play a double in one sitting, and also being so annoyed at the massive seam splits on it!
Attachments
20201118_135618_compress90.jpg
20201118_135618_compress90.jpg (567.47 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:44 am Which Bebop release is that, Revolver?
It's essentially OST1 with a couple bonus tracks. It was just released from Milan Records.

Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:08 am Where did you buy it from? I got mine from LITA, hasn’t arrived yet.
I ordered mine directly from Milan Records. Arrived with some sleeve damage, so I'm hoping to get a replacement.
By inksb
I ordered my copy of Bebop direct from Milan and received it on Monday. My friend got their copy on Tuesday. Not sure if I've seen any of the variants from other labels and distro out there yet.