Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:04 am
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:40 pm Image
I have no knowledge about this one...
Looked it up just now... strange those high asking prices with a much lower sales history...

??? Wow that is weird, I thought this got a recent reissue, apparently not.
It's brilliant score though, has slowly.grown on me more and more over the years. The main theme is an instant want but the rest of the LP didn't sink in straight away but it's all brilliant.
By ScoJo
Picked up at record fayre yesterday- never heard of it before, and it's soooo good!

From 1976, very mid-70s TD vibe (obviously). Lots of Mellotron, sequencing and guitar fuzzery!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
By Bezulsqy
^ sounds interesting!

The mailman dropped this off just now:

edit

This sounds incredible. But they send me the normal variant in stead of the subscription version... Hopefully they will send the correct variant as well.

edit again

I did not check the second disc. That one is orange... I am confused. What colour should the first disc be? On discogs it says White transparant. Or is that stupid people slang for grey?
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:09 pm Picked up at record fayre yesterday- never heard of it before, and it's soooo good!

From 1976, very mid-70s TD vibe (obviously). Lots of Mellotron, sequencing and guitar fuzzery!

FullSizeRender.jpg
listening to this on youtube and adding it to my ever-growing list of wants
By Bub
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 pm ^ sounds interesting!

The mailman dropped this off just now:

edit

This sounds incredible. But they send me the normal variant in stead of the subscription version... Hopefully they will send the correct variant as well.

edit again

I did not check the second disc. That one is orange... I am confused. What colour should the first disc be? On discogs it says White transparant. Or is that stupid people slang for grey?
Bez, I noticed the same thing on Discogs & the sub copy looks silver/steel with a swirl effect to me. I don't know what that guy is smoking.
By texasvinyl

Extremely well done release. This must be a sister score to Colpo Rovente, much of the same style, players and I'd guess studio & producer too.

Grabbed it a few weeks back at End of An Ear in Austin.
By texasvinyl
NathanLurker wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:19 pm Good one tex. I don't have Colpo Rovente, but I enjoyed Camille very much, so, I guess I'll add colpo to the wishlist
Colpo is amazing. One of the records that first sucked me down the rabbit hole and among the best Italian soundtracks. The originals are very scarce (I think Tim has one though!!). The BeatBall reissue is very good, I'd find one before they're out of press and dry up. The Easy Tempo is also very good and done as a double LP with lots of alternate takes and bonus cuts. But without the great cover art.
By ScoJo
I've been enjoying this loads today. Really digging the expansion - and although there's not a longer version of it that I was hoping for, there is a slowed down/moody version of my favourite cue 'The Shape Hunts Allyson'.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1411 times

Small side note, which I haven't seen any one point out so far - the art and design is by Chris Bilheimer, the rather renowned chap who did most of the iconic REM LP covers.

Also been inspired to give this a rare spin, thanks fellas. Someone in the studio told Pierro to 'go big or go home'.

He did not go home.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1411 times

Oof!
By chiefbrody
This is what I have planned for my morning (OST AND not).

I always have trouble with photos, so uploading as 1 rather than 4.

Daughters of Darkness up first. Next is Fennesz.

@ScoJo, glad to hear your thoughts on the expanded Halloween. I've not picked it up yet, and in fact haven't even unsealed my 'Art' edition, but still tempted.
Attachments
20191108_091037_resized.jpg
20191108_091037_resized.jpg (214.19 KiB) Viewed 1100 times