Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

inksb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:24 pm I wish I could find the Watchmen LP's. I just don't understand how and why they are so limited.
It's crazy. I had pre-ordered all 3 when the series premiere aired, and then they all were gone and have only seen them sporadically on sites. I thought I saw new pre-order links on Amazon a few weeks back, but now they're gone.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:52 pm
inksb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:24 pm I wish I could find the Watchmen LP's. I just don't understand how and why they are so limited.
It's crazy. I had pre-ordered all 3 when the series premiere aired, and then they all were gone and have only seen them sporadically on sites. I thought I saw new pre-order links on Amazon a few weeks back, but now they're gone.
Yeah I saw the new pre-orders on Amazon, went to order them the next day and no longer available. I'm hoping that they are pressing more, they are great soundtracks and I would love to own them but I'm not paying more than retail for them.
By Hatter313
Vol 1 I had to do after market, but I was able to snag the other two at amoeba, not sure if they still have stock though
By chiefbrody
Vol 3 is the only one I received (from Amazon US), and I've genuinely lost track of the preorders and back orders I have for vols 1 & 2. I don't expect to get them anymore. I thought there would be a repress, but losing hope about that. Equally frustrating is that they're not available to buy as lossless downloads in the UK - I can only find Vol 2 to buy (7 Digital). A strange approach to these releases.
By inksb
chiefbrody wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 am Vol 3 is the only one I received (from Amazon US), and I've genuinely lost track of the preorders and back orders I have for vols 1 & 2. I don't expect to get them anymore. I thought there would be a repress, but losing hope about that. Equally frustrating is that they're not available to buy as lossless downloads in the UK - I can only find Vol 2 to buy (7 Digital). A strange approach to these releases.
I think I have all three in FLAC if you want I can upload them for you.
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 pm Vol 1 I had to do after market, but I was able to snag the other two at amoeba, not sure if they still have stock though
I have them on my discogs watchlist and vol.1 popped a few days ago for $120 sealed and it was being sold by Amoeba. It sold pretty quick bc most folks are selling vol 1 for $150+
By inksb
I feel the same way @jimmy but I've got local shops that love to mark stuff up so that doesn't surprise me at all. One of my shops has Maniac Cop 2 for $45 and it's been there for 4-5 years now. I don't know why they think that they need to sell that for so much. I also don't know why you would sit on stock that long. I would have dropped it to the price of what Mondo sells it for (that way some one may be inclined to buy it and save on the shipping prices) and then after another few years of it not selling drop it in the 10-20% off bin
By static14
Thumbs up @Nathan

Might have to follow you down the TD rabbit hole after this. :)
Attachments
AC61EACF-D89D-4444-8773-6A96CBE1B4A6.jpeg
AC61EACF-D89D-4444-8773-6A96CBE1B4A6.jpeg (648.9 KiB) Viewed 795 times
By NathanLurker
static14 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:49 pm Thumbs up @Nathan

Might have to follow you down the TD rabbit hole after this. :)
Spasmo, very nice ! I'm so glad I found Wavelength here in Montreal, for 15$, I was hoping to find it in record fairs etc. I finally have it. and yeah do join me. it's gonna be all TD, Schulze and Froese tonight.

Very nice drumming on this title track
By NathanLurker
I'll have to spin Miracle Mile again. I spun it only 2 or 3 times. I remember liking it a lot but I need to revisit.

In January 1980, after a year of negotiations, TD became the first western rock/pop band to play in East Berlin, the capital of the German Democratic Republic. They performed two shows at the Palast der Republik on January 31st, 1980. Both shows were broadcast on East Berlin radio. One part of this broadcast was officially released by East Germany's record label Amiga as Quichotte in 1980 (and six years later made available world-wide as Pergamon). Another part of the broadcast was picked up by bootleggers in West Berlin and released as Staatsgrenze West.