Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
Just finishing up. Trying to erase another shitty day of football. :) music does help, thankfully.
Attachments
E09FB646-7B22-4D47-93D8-08DEAE48F085.jpeg
E09FB646-7B22-4D47-93D8-08DEAE48F085.jpeg (520.57 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 pm
Thanks, Your recommendation is noted. I've never really known where to start with more modern anime (late 90's +) but Tigerlab seem to be pointing me in the right direction, this sub has been a really solid run so far. Still hope they do some older anime OSTs though.
Can confirm it's good. I lost steam with the story about half way through and never finished it but set up is quite good and I'll eventually finish the series.
By havershaw
Bought this on a whim and it’s actually really really good.

Funnily enough, my son walked in while I was listening to this, and without missing a beat, he said “oh that’s the music in the Spongebob ‘Graveyard Shift’ episode” and then walked back out.

I downloaded that ep and sure enough, they used this record for about half of the episode. Crazy.
Attachments
BA1610CD-E03D-41D4-AB9E-2F1ACB176DD4.jpeg
BA1610CD-E03D-41D4-AB9E-2F1ACB176DD4.jpeg (355.35 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
By ScoJo
Following monumentally weakening teaching day (the kids are actually alright - the fucking adults are a bunch of incompetent boobs...) thi was just the tonic I needed to find awaiting me thanks to my gf being home to sign for the super-fast DHL courier service from Spain this morning!

One of my very very G*R*A*I*L*S and it's sounding fantastic - the neighbours are getting a full whack of troubled Eastern European Art-Horror orchestral I'm afraid. Falling love with this all over again, and the vinyl edition DOES have the amazing party scene lounge cue :)))

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1105 times
By deafmetal
havershaw wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:30 amFunnily enough, my son walked in while I was listening to this, and without missing a beat, he said “oh that’s the music in the Spongebob ‘Graveyard Shift’ episode” and then walked back out.
This is a great story. I love stuff like this.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:38 pm FullSizeRender.jpg

Something Weird Spook Show Spectacular a-Go-Go
2019, Modern Harmonic

Amazing set of radio spots, spookshow trailers, rare garage/surf instrumentals etc - not only with the incredible MONSTERS CRASH THE PYJAMA PARTY spookshow compilation DVD but also a fab 12-page 'zine. Trust me, this is your one 'must have' new LP for Halloween, creeps!

Ok, so i didn't pay attention to this at all so i didn't get the LP in time for halloween. BUT I downloaded it on itunes while i wait to get a hard copy and good god this is my favorite thing ever right now.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:27 pm
ScoJo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:38 pm FullSizeRender.jpg

Something Weird Spook Show Spectacular a-Go-Go
2019, Modern Harmonic

Amazing set of radio spots, spookshow trailers, rare garage/surf instrumentals etc - not only with the incredible MONSTERS CRASH THE PYJAMA PARTY spookshow compilation DVD but also a fab 12-page 'zine. Trust me, this is your one 'must have' new LP for Halloween, creeps!

Ok, so i didn't pay attention to this at all so i didn't get the LP in time for halloween. BUT I downloaded it on itunes while i wait to get a hard copy and good god this is my favorite thing ever right now.
You bet it is!

Somewhere I have an itunes folder labelled 'Radio Spot Apocalypse' which is literally full of hundreds of radio spots and spookshow trailers. I listen to it in my Special Time.
By Hatter313
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:52 pm ONE MODERN HORROR SCORE A DAY
DAY 28
The packaging alone on this one.
By NathanLurker
I know right ? If I'm allowed a small constructive comment though : liner notes, always appreciated, probably the cheapest and best extra to have. It would be nice with "autopsy". But still, great packaging design.
By EvanCampbell
the keep.jpg
the keep.jpg (162.09 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
Scott thanks so much for all the work on this...great to finally spin it. That Fangoria booklet cover brought a smile to my face.
I had looked at it so often in my youth. Awesome release to have!
By EvanCampbell
out the window.jpg
out the window.jpg (158.54 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

Home run from Quartet Records. This sounds beautiful!
Plain old black, dead quiet pressing, completely flat and a nice mastering Life is good!
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:15 am
I snagged this for $9 recently on discogs and it finally showed up. So happy to have discovered it, I can't remember who (maybe @tim?) posted it a few months ago and I was immediately sold on it from sampling it on youtube, Happy to finally have a good clean copy.

Down Twisted is so good. Even though it isn't Tangerine Dream (I'm still not convinced), any fan of TD should have this in their collection. :)
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:53 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:15 am
I snagged this for $9 recently on discogs and it finally showed up. So happy to have discovered it, I can't remember who (maybe @tim?) posted it a few months ago and I was immediately sold on it from sampling it on youtube, Happy to finally have a good clean copy.
Down Twisted is so good. Even though it isn't Tangerine Dream (I'm still not convinced), any fan of TD should have this in their collection. :)
What's the story with this one? I can't find any info on it, Berlin Game isn't a band. The only thing I can find on discogs is that it's an alias for Eric Allaman, who's only other record credit is Elvira's Haunted Hills. His website (which is hilariously dated) says he's responsible for a small amount of music in the mid 80's then does nothing until mid 00's.