Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb

Moving my last post from the previous thread over.

@tex

SMW sounds excellent. So much better than the tape which was flat and lacked any real punch to the audio. Mario 64 last I heard which was a few weeks ago was that they were still waiting for the records to come in from the pressing plant. They have had the jackets since early January I think. Have you ordered any of the other LPs from Select Start? I know the rest of them are lathes. I thought the artwork for Moonwalker was pretty nice when he posted it online but I just grabbed the tape which he still hasn't sent me because he forgot to, lol. I told him not to worry about it and just send it with my copy of Super Mario Land cassette.
By ScoJo
This blissful beauty seems a very appropriate first spin in our new venue.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 19629 times
Ps I'm now getting a neat little progress-bar for image uploads (using my old iphone), which is a swell thing!
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:40 pm I want to hear that set but blind buying a $60 triple LP is not in the cards right now
Fwiw Inks, in case you do such things, the CD version looks gorgeous - a 2CD set in a hardback book. As I don't do the Devil's Discs I had to lay down the hard sheckle, but NO RAGRETS.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:40 pm I want to hear that set but blind buying a $60 triple LP is not in the cards right now
Inks, you can find a lot of these songs online as they are not exclusive to this set. But if you like what you hear, this set is an excellent survey of Japanese minimalism/new age music. This is both the second in LITA's Japanese compilation series and third in their new age/minimalism series. Hope that helps a bit. Enjoy!
By reddye6
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm I severed my vas deferens yesterday. Working from home, spinning wax and morning the loss of my power.

Hopefully, the severing was on purpose, and you weren't just trying to climb over a chain-link fence.

And the 3-LP LITA release is great!
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm I severed my vas deferens yesterday. Working from home, spinning wax and morning the loss of my power.
James Michael. The class of this board. He ties his tubes in a full windsor. Like a gentleman. Here's to you, good sir. Chin chin!
By tim28212
alot of chatter on here about the upcoming VS release of Vertigo so I thought I would pull out this 4lp set, 3 sides of which are devoted to the score to Vertigo.
Bernard Herrmann ‎– Alfred Hitchcock's Movie Soundtracks - The Wrong Man • Vertigo • North By Northwest
Doxy ‎– DOY003ELP