Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Did anyone else receive a new pressing from Sacred Bones out of the blue last week? I had no idea about the mis-press thing, was really confused! Eventually found their statement under the discogs listing.
Really interesting to have both versions anyway- I actually really like the 'calmer', dissolving ending on their first mix, but yeah the new 4x4 version sure brings the evil!
By Mateo Sanboval
Nope. I bought mine from Rough Trade and every time I check with them about the replacement, they tell me they don't know anything about it "yet". It is awesome that Sacred Bones has been so great about this taking the proactive approach as they have.
By deafmetal
@ScoJo - Yep, that is my replacement copy pictured. They had sent an email about the mistake last November, and I got an address verification email last month. The new version recently arrived, and I finally cracked the seal and promptly blew the roof off with it last night. As far as remixes goes, this one is up near the top of the pile -- monstrous.
By deafmetal
@static - The Blob is a really interesting listen. It has received quite a few over here as well.

I am enjoying this album and the overall theme. The sound is clear and crisp. The test press vinyl almost looks black unless you shine light through it:

By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:19 pm @static - The Blob is a really interesting listen. It has received quite a few over here as well.

I am enjoying this album and the overall theme. The sound is clear and crisp. The test press vinyl almost looks black unless you shine light through it:

That's very odd and interesting @deaf- as far as the pressing we use goes, they always tell us that the TPs have to be black vinyl (even if the run itself is going to be some sort of colour...) I guess whoever Lunaris use has different rules. (always thought it weird, considering that the vinyl colour may well ultimately effect sound qt in some way. Seems bizarre not to be able to get the TPs on the appropriate vinyl!)
deafmetal wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:19 pm I am enjoying this album and the overall theme. The sound is clear and crisp. The test press vinyl almost looks black unless you shine light through it:
I'll have to double check mine, mine looked pitch black, but maybe you're right and it needs light.
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 pm Image
Nice! 'From the creators of Max Headroom...'
It's a soundtrack rather than score LP isn't it, if I remember rightly?

*EDIT* Nope, just checked- score it is, by co-director Jankel. Curious to hear this! Might actually line up a rewatch of the movie too.
By static14
ScoJo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 pm
static14 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 pm Image
Nice! 'From the creators of Max Headroom...'
It's a soundtrack rather than score LP isn't it, if I remember rightly?

*EDIT* Nope, just checked- score it is, by co-director Jankel. Curious to hear this! Might actually line up a rewatch of the movie too.
@Scojo it’s actually a really good score. Nice mix of electronic and orchestral. Well worth a listen.