Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
I try to find OG copies of my favourite Morricones. Gave up on getting hold of this one, too expensive.
But this reissue from 1978 with a similar sleeve design as the 1968 Parade OG is a very good alternative and makes me really happy right now (also took me a while to find at an ok price).

Last edited by ChrisMcQueen007 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:14 pm Image
Hahaha, I’m literally rereading the book right now, like i took a pause mid chapter to check what was going on here. This score is a masterpiece
By ScoJo
@Tim - such a great release on all levels. How does your multi-hued vinyl sound? Just replaced my SM57 II stylus so looking forward to a little spinning later, will add this to the playlist :)
By tim28212
@Scojo, it sounds pretty good. It did have one bad tick that caused the needle to stick but before I could get up and had worked out. I can see the spot on the vinyl so may have to see if I can do something about that. Otherwise side one (only side I got through, dinner time) was nice. Looking forward to finishing it later tonight.
By texasvinyl

Interesting find at the shop in Texas today. This is a 1963 Riz Ortolani on CAM, but the interesting part is it's licensed to King Records Japan and is totally in Japanese. The cover is folded in half, and there's a pocket for the record in the back half.
By NathanLurker

Cool stuff. I hear trip hop and post rock in there, within the context of electro ambient fog.

I'm feeling a bit lukewarm about the overall disc 1, I'm almost done with disc 2, that one I like very much, and I'm sure I'll like the GERMS on next disc.
By inksb
How does that Ortolani sound? It's on my list to buy but it got pushed due to how much stuff I've been buying lately. That Flinthook soundtrack is fun, I haven't played the game but enjoyed the parts of the soundtrack I sampled.